Bucs Draft Thread

kgarrett12486

Curious on what you guys think of other teams draft picks. What teams did good and who did bad? I’ll start off by saying I think from our division the Panthers had a really nice draft. I think the Falcons did okay and I wasn’t impressed by the Saints.

From the whole league (not including the Bucs) my top three in no order would be

1. Ravens - From your first 4 picks you get 2 starting Tight Ends A starting starting Right tackle with top 10 potential and your quarterback of the future. In the 6th round you get Elliot at safety who was a first team all American and  Jim Thorpe award finalist. Tied for 4th nationally with 6interceptions and 2 returned for touchdowns.

2. Panthers - I think they did a really good job with picks 1 - 5 with the exception of Gauldon who I believe was a bit of a reach. DJ Moore is a stud receiver. Saw quite a bit of him playing against FSU. Donte Jackson is a solid starting cornerback with dangerous speed. Ian Thomas is a big body tight end with soft hand. He can move. Reminds me a bit of Antonio Gates. Marquis Hands is a DPR who will be asked to do just that. Kendrick Norton in the 7th is good value.

3. Broncos - Land Chubb at 5 when most thought he wouldn’t make it past 4. Sutton is a first round talent and arguably the best receiver in this class. Freeman is underrated and when healthy is a very god back. I think he could have been had in the 4th but they got their guy. Jewel has potential to be a starting linebacker and Daesean Hamilton is one of the better route runners in the draft.

as my 3 worst I would have to go with 

1. Saints - when they traded the first to move up most thought it would be for a quarterback but they took a Davenport instead. Davenport is extremely raw but will be asked to play right away. You take Trequan Smith with you’re next pick which was in the 3rd round. Many including myself had him as a 6th to 7th round prospect. In the 4th the take Leonard who was a potential UDFA. As an FSU fan he was a converted tackle from DE and will be a practice squad candidate.

2. Raiders - lot of boom or bust. I think the Raiders has probably the worst and one of the more puzzling drafts this year but that’s just my opinion. Really like PJ hall though I think the 2nd round was a bit high for him. 

Chiefs - Not overly impressed. Didn’t have a 1st because they traded up for Mahommes. Speaks, Nnadi, andO Daniel we’re all big reaches.  The only pick that I like of theirs really is Armani Watts in the 4th.

"Listen to me -- I came into Auburn as a true freshman. I didn't come in early. I didn't have workouts early. I came in in the summer and I played 13 games," [Carlton] Davis said. "Every game I played in, I started in -- 12 of them, 11 of them. I'm a player that comes in and buys into a system. I'm a player that comes in, that listens, that learns quickly. You can count on that I'll be playing in that first snap. You can count on me to be on that field, somehow, some way, whether it's special teams or whatever they need me to do, I'll be on that field. I'll do anything for it and my history shows it."

Love it.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:37 AM, What_The_Buc said:

This is how I envision it when Kwon and Derwin meet for the first time.

This thread is almost finished, but this post makes me laugh every time I see it.  We may not have gotten James, but Carlton Davis will get along just finw with Kwon.  Well done.  ?  

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

This thread is almost finished, but this post makes me laugh every time I see it.  We may not have gotten James, but Carlton Davis will get along just finw with Kwon.  Well done.  ?  

Derwin reminds me so much of Kwon. They would have been two peas in a pod ? After listening to Carlton Davis conference call sounds like he will get along with Kwon just fine. 

There’s a report out that the Giants were shopping Ereck Flowers for a mid round pick and had no offers. He’s had a disappointing start to his career but a former first round pick and the talent is there. A change of scenery could benefit Flowers. I wouldn’t mind exploring a trade for Flowers to be our swing tackle and compete to be the future RT. 

48 minutes ago, What_The_Buc said:

There’s a report out that the Giants were shopping Ereck Flowers for a mid round pick and had no offers. He’s had a disappointing start to his career but a former first round pick and the talent is there. A change of scenery could benefit Flowers. I wouldn’t mind exploring a trade for Flowers to be our swing tackle and compete to be the future RT. 

I'd honestly rather rely on Benenoch, Wester, and Cappa.

11 hours ago, What_The_Buc said:

yea if its a 7th

Archived