Giants cut Brandon Marshall

49erurtaza

12 hours ago, bzane said:

Well, there have been repeated problems:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17692664/dallas-cowboys-wr-dez-bryant-shows-pattern-irresponsible-behavior

Although the Dallas Cowboys and his representatives at Roc Nation have worked with him, Dez Bryant continues to demonstrate a pattern of irresponsible behavior by being late to or missing medical treatments and team meetings, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

They said the wide receiver has shown improvement at times, but he has been tardy or missing at least 20 times and possibly as many as 40 times during his seven-year Dallas career.

Bryant has hired a driver to improve his attendance, but one source told Schefter that Bryant has been late or missed treatment on a foot injury that dates back to last season "at least seven or eight times this year alone."

While Bryant tries to change, one source expressed concern that the Cowboys are enabling bad behavior by fining the wideout instead of meting out harsher discipline.

From January, 2018:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755458-dez-bryants-sideline-behavior-can-be-a-distraction-says-stephen-jones

Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones (the son of owner Jerry Jones) weighed in on Dez Bryant's antics during an interview on Hangin' With The 'Boys, via A.J. Perez of USA Today:

"It's certainly visible to anyone who watches our games. Dez is certainly a fiery guy who plays with a lot of emotion both on and off the field. Sometimes, that can be a distraction. It can be a distraction for Dez, it can be a distraction for other teammates. We just have to really get our hands around when you put all the full body of work together where that's headed."

There are still outbursts—he was caught yelling at Miles Austin on the sidelines during a Week 16 loss to the Seattle Seahawks—but these moments are fewer and farther between.

Still, if the front office believes Bryant remains a distraction to the team, it is clearly enough of an issue that could limit the Cowboys in 2018.

-I'm guessing you're a Cowboys' fan?

I never claimed the guy was a perfect human being, only that he wasn’t the egotistical diva that you and others pretend that he is without reason. 

Despite the fact that report by Schefter was disputed, I’m not even going to go there because it’s totally irrelevant to what we were even talking about. Sure, say the guy has had issues with personal responsibility in the past. That doesn’t have anything to do with being an egotistical diva. That’s just a simple matter of responsibility. 

As for Stephen Jones’ comments? Common sense explains enough. The timing of the comments mean everything. There was never anything other than support offered Dez’s way when this issue was brought up in the past.. and now all of a sudden he decides to flip the script? Clearly there was an agenda there. Again, I’ll point out that there were essentially zero issues last year, and that even the so called incident in Seattle was insanely over blown because that’s what the media does for viewing purposes. And even IF you do want to count this incident, you can count on one hand the number of times something similar happened during his eight years with Dallas. And yet he’s a diva..?

Bottom line the guy just wants to win. People choose to see selfishness instead because that fits the baseless narrative.

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Bottom line the guy just wants to win. People choose to see selfishness instead because that fits the baseless narrative.

Goodness, your arguments move me to tears; I am now inclined to agree with you.

Dez Bryant is a splendid young man, a veritable Boy Scout; his laundry list of troubles can all be dismissed with the understanding, the guy just wants to win.

And I agree with you! Sadly, thus far, no NFL team agrees, including every rival team in the NFC East- his preference, so that, it seems, he might revenge himself on the Cowboys- nor his former team, the Cowboys themselves. The Baltimore Ravens, once rumored to be a destination, now apparently are not.

I have to believe that money- Bryant still wanting to be paid like a top receiver, which he is not- has something to do with it. But those NFL GMs, now-? Maybe they're not buying into writing off Bryant's history of troubles as mere evidence that he "just wants to win", as indeed you have convinced me:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/07/17/dez-bryants-dirty-timeline/

A look at Dez’s incidents, most born of immaturity, ignorance and arrogance:

OCTOBER 2009: Suspended the last 10 games of his junior season at Oklahoma State for lying to NCAA investigators about a legal lunch meeting with Deion Sanders.

MARCH 2010: In a pre-draft interview, Miami Dolphins’ scouting director Jeff Ireland asks Dez “Is your mother a prostitute?” Dez answers “No.” Ireland later apologizes.

APRIL 2010: Despite several teams labeling him “undraftable” because of “undeveloped life skills”, the Cowboys trade a 3rd-round pick to the Patriots to move up and draft Dez 24th overall. He soon thereafter signs a 5-year contract worth $11.8 million.

JULY 2010: Thumbing his nose at NFL tradition, Dez refuses to carry the shoulder pads of veteran receiver Roy Williams on the first day of Cowboys’ training camp.

SEPTEMBER 2010: Pays $54,896 for lavish team dinner at Pappas Bros. steakhouse in Dallas.

MARCH 2011: At North Park mall Dez is issued a ticket for parking in a fire lane, involved in a “major disturbance” at PF Chang’s and banned for sagging his pants and cursing a security guard.

APRIL 2011: Dez is sued by two jewelers, claiming he didn’t pay for custom jewelry and tickets to sporting events totaling almost $575,000.

MAY 2011: Mentor Deion Sanders publicly cuts ties with Dez, saying “Everybody is worried. I think the Dallas Cowboys are more concerned than I am. I had to cut my umbilical cord with him, because a lot of things people do not know about.”

JULY 2011: Dez no-shows at a New Jersey sports memorabilia show for which he received – in exchange for a scheduled 2-hour autograph session – $10,000, 3 round-trip airline tickets, three hotel rooms and 80-mile limo ride to Atlantic City.

AUGUST 2011: Though rumors of a fight after a pre-season game at Cowboys Stadium with the mother of one of his two sons persist, no police report is filed.

JANUARY 2012: Dez is detained and questioned by Miami police after a fight involving rapper Lil’ Wayne at the famed South Beach Club LIV.

JUNE 2012: After having his driver’s license previously suspended for excessive traffic tickets, Dez is issued a conditional license by a Dallas County judge.

JULY 2012: Dez is arrested and charged with a Class A misdemeanor of domestic violence after an incident in DeSoto in which he allegedly slapped his mother, Angela.

(© Copyright 2012 CBSDFW.COM and CBS Local, a division of CB

I'm guessing you're a Cowboys' fan?

2 hours ago, bzane said:

Goodness, your arguments move me to tears; I am now inclined to agree with you. Dez Bryant is a splendid young man, a veritable Boy Scout; his laundry list of troubles can all be dismissed with the understanding, the guy just wants to win.

I'm not even going to quote the rest of your response because you're continuing to miss the point and I really, really hate having to repeat myself when you're not even bothering to read. Debating subjects around these parts continues to be a massive waste of time.

If you care to go back and re-read my last response to you, I clearly said that Dez Bryant is not a perfect human being. A lot of that has to do with terrible upbringing. He has certainly made some mistakes, more so during his earlier years in the league, but still. Not everything you listed is justifiable criticism against Dez (honestly most of it isn't even worth mentioning), but again I'm not going to go into it because it's mostly irrelevant. You're not doing anything to speak to how he has supposedly shown himself to be a "diva" with a "giant ego". Again, I will say that he has made mistakes and isn't perfect, but that fact alone doesn't equate to being an egotistical diva. Those things are not necessarily one in the same, obviously. Listing off a handful of 6-8 year old reports with extremely hazy details has little to no bearing on 2018 or how Dez handled himself on the team with consideration to the entirety of his career. The things you're listing were never even problems in terms of his actual career with the Cowboys (with exception to the weird domestic violence case with his mother in which he supposedly swatted her with a baseball cap.. nothing ever really came of that for a reason). It's not as if a team would be taking some kind of risk by bringing him onto their team in terms of off the field trouble.. and even if it were otherwise that isn't necessarily what I was looking to debate. Mistakes or not, I was simply saying the guy's attitude isn't that of a diva or a guy with an ego problem. Unless you can specifically detail otherwise, you're wasting everyone's time. 

19 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Mistakes or not, I was simply saying the guy's attitude isn't that of a diva or a guy with an ego problem. Unless you can specifically detail otherwise, you're wasting everyone's time

Well, gosh, here's an article listing the 10 Biggest Divas in the NFL- has that awful damning word right in it!

https://sportsnaut.com/2016/03/10-biggest-divas-nfl/

10 BIGGEST DIVAS IN THE NFL

Dez Bryant, wide receiver, Dallas Cowboys

USA Today Images

Bryant plays with his emotions on his sleeve. In fact he pours so much of himself into the game, that it often causes drama.

Temper tantrums on the field, stormy departures from the field and training camp fights have Bryant securely fixed as a diva.

Addressing his status, Bryant would prefer the “D” word not be used when describing his personality, per Michael Silver of NFL.com.

“I HATE THE WORD DIVA, BY THE WAY,” DEZ BRYANT SAID, HIS EYES ABLAZE WITH PASSION, HIS RASPY VOICE NEARLY TREMBLING WITH INTENSITY. “I HATE IT. THAT FITS ME NOWHERE.”

Most might argue that diva fits Bryant like a glove after he threatened to hold outin the 2015 NFL season while he waited for a new contract with the Cowboys.

Eventually, Bryant’s threats paid off when he and the Cowboys agreed to a deal that set a new contract trend for elite wide receivers. Then the unforeseen struck when Bryant sustained a broken foot causing him to miss several games last fall.

Coming off an injured and overall down-season in production, we must wonder if a more humble version of Bryant will hit the field this fall.

36 minutes ago, bzane said:

Well, gosh, here's an article listing the 10 Biggest Divas in the NFL- has that awful damning word right in it!

https://sportsnaut.com/2016/03/10-biggest-divas-nfl/

10 BIGGEST DIVAS IN THE NFL

Dez Bryant, wide receiver, Dallas Cowboys

USA Today Images

Bryant plays with his emotions on his sleeve. In fact he pours so much of himself into the game, that it often causes drama.

Temper tantrums on the field, stormy departures from the field and training camp fights have Bryant securely fixed as a diva.

Addressing his status, Bryant would prefer the “D” word not be used when describing his personality, per Michael Silver of NFL.com.

“I HATE THE WORD DIVA, BY THE WAY,” DEZ BRYANT SAID, HIS EYES ABLAZE WITH PASSION, HIS RASPY VOICE NEARLY TREMBLING WITH INTENSITY. “I HATE IT. THAT FITS ME NOWHERE.”

Most might argue that diva fits Bryant like a glove after he threatened to hold outin the 2015 NFL season while he waited for a new contract with the Cowboys.

Eventually, Bryant’s threats paid off when he and the Cowboys agreed to a deal that set a new contract trend for elite wide receivers. Then the unforeseen struck when Bryant sustained a broken foot causing him to miss several games last fall.

Coming off an injured and overall down-season in production, we must wonder if a more humble version of Bryant will hit the field this fall.

Lol. Alright, well since an article on the internet says so then it MUST be true.. I have no argument.

My comments really aren’t being addressed at all, so I’ll just leave this alone. People will just believe whatever they want to, per usual.

29 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Lol. Alright, well since an article on the internet says so then it MUST be true.. I have no argument.

My comments really aren’t being addressed at all, so I’ll just leave this alone. People will just believe whatever they want to, per usual.

You got that right. As long as you keep dismissing every piece of legitimate information that links Dez Bryant to being a diva, then he can't be a diva, right? You refuse to listen to anything that goes against that belief.

If you dismiss that the sky is blue after others prove otherwise, then according to your beliefs, the sky cannot be blue.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You got that right. As long as you keep dismissing every piece of legitimate information that links Dez Bryant to being a diva, then he can't be a diva, right? You refuse to listen to anything that goes against that belief.

If you dismiss that the sky is blue after others prove otherwise, then according to your beliefs, the sky cannot be blue.

Reading comprehension is tough. If my points aren’t going to be specifically addressed then I’m not going to waste my time; that’s all there is to it. You can go back and actually read my points and address them if you feel like it. Until then don’t tell me that I’m just sitting here turning a blind eye to evidence.. as if that’s what I’m doing. You’re just not getting the point at all.

On 4/24/2018 at 1:18 PM, NoFlyZone said:

I never claimed the guy was a perfect human being, only that he wasn’t the egotistical diva that you and others pretend that he is without reason. 

Despite the fact that report by Schefter was disputed, I’m not even going to go there because it’s totally irrelevant to what we were even talking about. Sure, say the guy has had issues with personal responsibility in the past. That doesn’t have anything to do with being an egotistical diva. That’s just a simple matter of responsibility. 

As for Stephen Jones’ comments? Common sense explains enough. The timing of the comments mean everything. There was never anything other than support offered Dez’s way when this issue was brought up in the past.. and now all of a sudden he decides to flip the script? Clearly there was an agenda there. Again, I’ll point out that there were essentially zero issues last year, and that even the so called incident in Seattle was insanely over blown because that’s what the media does for viewing purposes. And even IF you do want to count this incident, you can count on one hand the number of times something similar happened during his eight years with Dallas. And yet he’s a diva..?

Lol Dez is an egotistical diva...he's not a bad person but he is a big-time diva. I've worked with him...

Reading comprehension is tough. If my points aren’t going to be specifically addressed then I’m not going to waste my time; that’s all there is to it. You can go back and actually read my points and address them if you feel like it. Until then don’t tell me that I’m just sitting here turning a blind eye to evidence.. as if that’s what I’m doing. You’re just not getting the point at all.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-commentary/debate/9893610/is-dez-bryant-attitude-distraction-cowboys

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/4/15/17239792/nfl-free-agency-2018-three-reasons-why-the-buffalo-bills-should-consider-adding-receiver-dez-bryant

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article208840599.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/901396-dez-bryant-jerry-jones-calling-out-diva-wr-for-route-running-isnt-smart

But he's not a diva, right?

4 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I’ll just leave this alone. People will just believe whatever they want to, per usual.

Well, I choose to believe professional journalists, as opposed to, say, touchy living-in-denial fanboys.

Here's another example:

April 13, 2018 04:38 PM

Updated April 14, 2018 01:53 AM

Veteran wide receiver Dez Bryant, who became a free agent Friday after the Dallas Cowboys released him, indicated to Dallas reporters that he'd like to join an NFC East rival to face his former team twice a season.

The Cowboys play the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte next season and are in the midst of a wide receiver rebuild. But Carolina is not expected to pursue Bryant, according to two sources.

Bryant, 29, a three-time Pro Bowler, hasn't had a 1,000-yard receiving season since 2014. Bryant also has a big, diva-like personality and is thought to be looking for more money than the Panthers might be willing to pay

Image result for Diva

1 hour ago, bzane said:

Well, I choose to believe professional journalists, as opposed to, say, touchy living-in-denial fanboys.

Here's another example:

April 13, 2018 04:38 PM

Updated April 14, 2018 01:53 AM

Veteran wide receiver Dez Bryant, who became a free agent Friday after the Dallas Cowboys released him, indicated to Dallas reporters that he'd like to join an NFC East rival to face his former team twice a season.

The Cowboys play the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte next season and are in the midst of a wide receiver rebuild. But Carolina is not expected to pursue Bryant, according to two sources.

Bryant, 29, a three-time Pro Bowler, hasn't had a 1,000-yard receiving season since 2014. Bryant also has a big, diva-like personality and is thought to be looking for more money than the Panthers might be willing to pay

Image result for Diva

I'm asking for specific examples of diva like behavior (to clarify, I'm not talking about irresponsibility and things of that nature; not all mistakes are definitive of diva like behavior) that has organizational impact. I don't care about journalists reciting some baseless mantra. Why you're using something so ridiculous as evidence is beyond me. Again, unless there is "evidence" specifically detailing diva like behavior, you're wasting your time. I mean.. it's up to you to actually substantiate your stance with relevant information and not just quote some journalists own unsubstantiated opinion. You're the one who seems to have a bias here considering you seemingly can't or won't do that and yet seem to have such a strong stance on the topic. Meanwhile I'm just looking for relevant information. I'm not a delusional fanboy, I'm simply looking for a logical argument. If you can give me that, we'd have something to work with. Anything else is just the typical, baseless hate the guy has had to put up with for years now. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

You have to be kidding me with this.

The first link's ignorance was debunked YEARS ago. I mean, it was a pretty big deal. People were out to assassinate Dez's character after that game in Detroit even with not having the slightest idea what was being said. Audio later proved that Dez and Romo were discussing routes, and when Dez was supposedly in his face screaming at him/ going after him.. he was actually saying things along the lines of "we're the best in the NFL".. but sure, yeah, according to the person bashing Dez in that link it was just Dez going off. What's more here is the fact that this is the most animated Dez has actually been on the sideline during his entire career, which is probably why it's almost always the go to example. People act like this was some sort of a regular occurrence which is absolutely laughable. His supposed regular side line "blow ups" have actually been extremely rare. If you feel otherwise then please feel free to try and list some examples. I'm sure you can't, simply because things of this nature didn't happen very often what so ever throughout his Cowboys career despite the media turning it into a talking point for the sake of creating drama for viewing purposes (shocker).

The second link? What on Earth do you think this honestly proves..?? Why did you even include this as evidence for your stance? This simply proves to me that fans are incapable of free thought and simply regurgitate the general opinions of the sports media. Not one single specific example was given in this article. It simply mentioned "sideline antics".. which again have been proven to be misunderstood and are also rare occurrences anyway. They don't happen with any amount of regularity what so ever.

Your third link is even worse. Seriously, there is one sentence in there stating that Dez is thought to have a diva like personality. Wow, checkmate right there.. who needs actual examples and evidence when you have random journalists just throwing the opinion out there by itself. 

The fourth article is from the early part of 2011. Almost seven years ago. How desperate are you to hate on the guy? Anyway, this article, like the others you provided, provides absolutely zero examples to back up the claim that Dez is a diva. The most it does is state that Dez is a "hot head" and that Jerry Jones should have been careful about bashing his route running (in 2011). How can you honestly think a journalist stating that Dez is a hot head seven years ago is proof that Dez is a diva? That's just insanely illogical. 

All you're doing is proving that you have a biased opinion of Dez's character. You're more willing to base your opinion on baseless, unsubstantiated statements from journalists rather than come up with specific examples of your own. That is a clear indication that you really don't have a great idea what you're talking about. If you did, you could actually substantiate your own argument. 

You have to be kidding me with this.

The first link's ignorance was debunked YEARS ago. I mean, it was a pretty big deal. People were out to assassinate Dez's character after that game in Detroit even with not having the slightest idea what was being said. Audio later proved that Dez and Romo were discussing routes, and when Dez was supposedly in his face screaming at him/ going after him.. he was actually saying things along the lines of "we're the best in the NFL".. but sure, yeah, according to the person bashing Dez in that link it was just Dez going off. What's more here is the fact that this is the most animated Dez has actually been on the sideline during his entire career, which is probably why it's almost always the go to example. People act like this was some sort of a regular occurrence which is absolutely laughable. His supposed regular side line "blow ups" have actually been extremely rare. If you feel otherwise then please feel free to try and list some examples. I'm sure you can't, simply because things of this nature didn't happen very often what so ever throughout his Cowboys career despite the media turning it into a talking point for the sake of creating drama for viewing purposes (shocker).

The second link? What on Earth do you think this honestly proves..?? Why did you even include this as evidence for your stance? This simply proves to me that fans are incapable of free thought and simply regurgitate the general opinions of the sports media. Not one single specific example was given in this article. It simply mentioned "sideline antics".. which again have been proven to be misunderstood and are also rare occurrences anyway. They don't happen with any amount of regularity what so ever.

Your third link is even worse. Seriously, there is one sentence in there stating that Dez is thought to have a diva like personality. Wow, checkmate right there.. who needs actual examples and evidence when you have random journalists just throwing the opinion out there by itself. 

The fourth article is from the early part of 2011. Almost seven years ago. How desperate are you to hate on the guy? Anyway, this article, like the others you provided, provides absolutely zero examples to back up the claim that Dez is a diva. The most it does is state that Dez is a "hot head" and that Jerry Jones should have been careful about bashing his route running (in 2011). How can you honestly think a journalist stating that Dez is a hot head seven years ago is proof that Dez is a diva? That's just insanely illogical. 

All you're doing is proving that you have a biased opinion of Dez's character. You're more willing to base your opinion on baseless, unsubstantiated statements from journalists rather than come up with specific examples of your own. That is a clear indication that you really don't have a great idea what you're talking about. If you did, you could actually substantiate your own argument. 

I actually wasn't providing my own opinion in any of this... just refuting yours.

Most of the articles I posted are of journalists' similar opinions on him. Those opinions are expressively their own though.

I don't really care about Dez Bryant anymore than this off-topic topic goes. I can't say I ever formed much of an opinion of him over the years.

Archived