Giants cut Brandon Marshall

49erurtaza

G-men would be nuts to go after Dez.   Shepard and Engram clearly upgrade that receiving attack with a healthy OBJ.  

Marshall's cut is only surprising that it took so long.  Did he have to get over an injury and be cleared medically?  This should have been a Day 1 of new year decision.  That's the only part that's not so great from NYG's perspective.   Still, it's entirely justified.

37 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:
47 minutes ago, TheChancellor said:

Only if they can pass their psychical.

Well it is much more effective to have psychic receivers.

Also would have worked better if Ryan Grant was old.

Well, since they can't pass their physicals, gotta put that mental work in.

I wonder who else Brandon will help NOT make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, bzane said:

How will the Giants replace Brandon Marshall ?!?!

Does this make any the more likely the proposed and rumored trade of the Giants' first-round pick, #2-overall to Cleveland for Corey Coleman, in order to replace Brandon? Proposed and rumored by, I forgot to say, Browns' fans hoping to divest their team of Corey Coleman. This is the only hope I can foresee for the Giants to replace adequately Brandon Marshall because, you know, Corey Coleman. 

Glittering stats of Corey Coleman

CLE.gif
COL232728.png

Corey Coleman   #19 WR

Cleveland Browns | Official Team Site

Height: 5-11   Weight: 185   Age: 23

Born: 7/6/1994 Dallas , TX 

College: Baylor

Experience: 3rd season 

We will trade you straight up  for Kevin White. He may not last the season, but he can be the fitness model for Browns attire for years to come at least.

DXZASwjXcAEygwa.jpg

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

G-men would be nuts to go after Dez.   Shepard and Engram clearly upgrade that receiving attack with a healthy OBJ.  

Marshall's cut is only surprising that it took so long.  Did he have to get over an injury and be cleared medically?  This should have been a Day 1 of new year decision.  That's the only part that's not so great from NYG's perspective.   Still, it's entirely justified.

I honestly thought they cut him months ago. No idea why he was still on the team deep into mid April literally a week before the draft.

In regards to Dez, I don't think Marshall is stupid enough to put out that tweet if he knew his job was somewhat in jeopardy, nor do I think the Giants would have waited until this long in the off-season to cut him. Maybe the 'failed physical' has some merit to it...

7 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

trading the 2nd pick for Corey Coleman would be stupid.  Might as well sign Dez Bryant if that's the case.  As a Texans fan I sure DO NOT want them to sign Dez.  I want him as a Texan.

Literally no browns fan is proposing that trade. We couldn't even get a 2nd round pick for Coleman tbh. I think @bzane is mad that we think Coleman could be part of a deal to get Beckham. He's essentially a throw-in that's used to somewhat sweeten any deal that involves Beckham. He has some value, but obviously he's not the centerpiece of a trade that could possibly involve Beckham.

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Incoming Marshall to the Raiders because he is old.

what about the Browns? I would say the bungles since they tend to keep layers that have a history of controversy but also talent, but the Browns might as well keep adding talent. 

I don’t think Dez fits the culture Shurmur wants to create.  One head case at WR is enough.  With obj you live with it because he’s so damn good.  Dez is not worth it at this point. Hasn’t been the same since his foot injury.  OBJ, Engram, Sheppard is enough weapons.  Plus, I expect the Giants will be more run oriented than in previous years.

Archived