Denver looking to trade out of #5?

Woz

Putting this here in General over News since it could easily be a smokescreen/rumor.

However, what do you think? How far back do you think Denver would being willing to fall? Who would trade up, and what do you think they would have to give up to get it done?

Obviously, the Bills at 12 are probably the most likely possibility. Could the Patriots do it (5 for 23, 31, and 43?

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would think if QBs go 1, 2, 3, and Barkley goes 4, there could be some big demand for Chubb at 5.  Practically every team in the next 10 picks could be in play for him.

Pretty much this, the only prospects someone might trade up for are one of the top 3 QBs or Barkley.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Pretty much this, the only prospects someone might trade up for are one of the top 3 QBs or Barkley.

So based on this, if there are 5 valuable trade chips in the draft Denver is assured one will be there at 5.  I would think Denver would have a hard time passing on Saquon Barkely though.

18 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Certainly could, DEN may need to throw a 4th (#106) their way. 

Definite opening for the Bills.

This is a joke. Patriots would need to give up their two firsts, two 2nds, a 3rd, and something next year. 5 to 23 is a looong drop.

5 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

This is a joke. Patriots would need to give up their two firsts, two 2nds, a 3rd, and something next year. 5 to 23 is a looong drop.

Just basing it off of the TVC as a starting point (which I did not state in my first post). I would fully hope you would get more than that if you trade the pick. 

Pick #5 = 1700

Pick #23 = 760
Pick #31 = 600
Pick #43 = 470
Total = 1830

Net difference of 130 (a low 3rd)

For comparison sake with the Jets and Colts swap:

Pick #3 = 2200

Pick #6 = 1600
Pick #37 = 530
Pick #49 = 410
2019 2nd = 116? (last pick of the 3rd)

Net difference of 456 (roughly a mid 2nd)

The trade proposed lines up with the chart in theory but Elway would be foolish to not ask for more as you suggest. So yes, I would agree with you that, at a minimum, #63 from NE and a future pick would need to be included. I'd be very surprised in NE would due this.

New England wouldn’t trade that much. Bills could but honestly if the Broncos are putting this out there it’s hard to believe they are going QB in which case there isn’t much an incentive for the Bills to jump imo. Unless of course maybe the Pats cut a deal with the Niner’s, onto move up, but at that point the smart play would be to do it after 5. 

Just now, BroncosFan2010 said:

I really dislike the idea of Denver dealing all the way down from 1.05 w/ NE. But if they offer enough then I would pull the trigger. Something like:

1.05 & 3.99 for 1.23, 1.31, 2.43, 2.63 and 2019 R1

Zero percent chance of that imo. You could trade with the Bills but honestly after Denver there really isn’t another threat for QB ahead of them barring a trade so I wouldn’t do it from that perspective. 

Even if NYG and Den take a QB Allen or Jackson should still be there after picks 6-11. So they’ll get a QB trading up to 5 doesn’t do a whole lot for them besides trade insurance. 

The NYG pick being in play could kill a lot of value from Denver’s pick. Jets are telegraphing Mayfield. Browns are telegraphing Darnold or Allen. Someone as good as Rosen could fall out of the top 10

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Unrelated but why do alot of people assume NE will trade up and take a QB?

Brady’s 41 this season and unlike the Jimmy G scenario the next quality QB they draft will see Brady at 45/46 by the end of the rookie contract so that would be the guaranteed successor. They’ve also been taking a look at a lot of QB’s lately and they made some moves to get the capital to trade up. Personally I think they’ll make a play to trade up to 14/15 and draft Jackson. 

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

Brady’s 41 this season and unlike the Jimmy G scenario the next quality QB they draft will see Brady at 45/46 by the end of the rookie contract so that would be the guaranteed successor. They’ve also been taking a look at a lot of QB’s lately and they made some moves to get the capital to trade up. Personally I think they’ll make a play to trade up to 14/15 and draft Jackson. 

I just think they won't trade up for a QB. Seems kind of crazy considering the level Brady is playing. I mean taking 1 in round 1 isn't so weird but to actually trade up is something i dont see. New England has everything they need to make another run so take dont try and lower your chances now by spending more than 1 pick on someone who won't play at all this year and might not ever play

Archived