2018 Lions Schedule

Louis Friend

NFL is scheduled to release the team schedules at 8 pm tonight.

We already know who the Lions will play in 2018: 

• Home: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Carolina Panthers, Los Angeles Rams, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks
  • Away: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, San Francisco 49ers

Here's the 2018 Lions preseason schedule: 

• Week 1 -- Aug. 9-13: Lions vs. Raiders
  • Week 2 -- Aug. 16-20: Giants vs. Lions
  • Week 3 -- Aug. 23-26: Lions vs. Buccaneers
  • Week 4 -- Aug. 30-31: Browns vs. Lions

Projected Leaks:

Week 1: vs. Jets on Monday Night Football

Week 3: vs. Patriots

Week 10: at Bears

Week 12: vs. Bears on Thanksgiving

Week 17: at Packers

Negatives- 

Playing a horrible Chicago team on Thanksgiving. Why wouldnt the NFL give that game to NE, LA, or GB?

Playing Buffalo and Greenbay late.

Early Bye week.

Lions are tied for 2nd hardest strength of schedule.

Poisitives-

Opening at home on MNF. Our fans love primetime and our team overall plays well. 

We don't play more than two road games in a row. 

We have a home game before Thanksgiving so our guys don't ave to travel on a short week.

4 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Negatives- 

Playing a horrible Chicago team on Thanksgiving. Why wouldnt the NFL give that game to NE, LA, or GB?

Quinn hoped that Patriots wouldn't be Thanksgiving game, because Patriots will draw attention anyway.

Looking at the schedule, optimistically we can go 10-6.

• 1 - Jets -W
  • 2- SF - W
  • 3 - NE - L
  • 4 - DAL - W
  • 5 - GB - W
  • 6 - BYE
  • 7 - MIA - W
  • 8 - SEA - w
  • 9 - MIN - L
  • 10 - CHI - W
  • 11 - CAR - L
  • 12 - CHI - W
  • 13 - LA - L
  • 14 - ARI - W
  • 15 - BUF - W
  • 16 - MIN - L
  • 17 - GB - L

Jets are going to have a rookie QB and the crowd will be pumped up; Chicago has some pieces but is still developing with a young QB and a new HC. There's a few games in there that could go either way and be the key difference in a sub .500 season vs making a run at the playoffs (SF, DAL, SEA, GB). At best we split the series with the Packers and the Vikings are the team to beat.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Looking at the schedule, optimistically we can go 10-6.

• 1 - Jets -W
  • 2- SF - W
  • 3 - NE - L
  • 4 - DAL - W
  • 5 - GB - W
  • 6 - BYE
  • 7 - MIA - W
  • 8 - SEA - w
  • 9 - MIN - L
  • 10 - CHI - W
  • 11 - CAR - L
  • 12 - CHI - W
  • 13 - LA - L
  • 14 - ARI - W
  • 15 - BUF - W
  • 16 - MIN - L
  • 17 - GB - L

Jets are going to have a rookie QB and the crowd will be pumped up; Chicago has some pieces but is still developing with a young QB and a new HC. There's a few games in there that could go either way and be the key difference in a sub .500 season vs making a run at the playoffs (SF, DAL, SEA, GB). At best we split the series with the Packers and the Vikings are the team to beat.

Looking at their schedule, I can see a path to the playoffs. I see roughly 8 wins, or should be 8 wins with about 2 toss up games as well.

Hopefully Matthew Stafford can stay healthy with this offensive line.

53 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Looking at their schedule, I can see a path to the playoffs. I see roughly 8 wins, or should be 8 wins with about 2 toss up games as well.

Hopefully Matthew Stafford can stay healthy with this offensive line.

This is honestly not the response that I was expecting.

This team and schedule could go anywhere from 6-10 to 11-5. Anything over 10-6 would exceed my expectations. The NFC is a challenge so I'm not sure if they would make the playoffs even at 10-6. If they go 10-6 and don't make the playoffs I wouldn't consider this season a failure.

31 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm predicting 9-7. Id love a 11-5 record but we need a rb and pass rush. 

I think Blount will help but I don't think he's the end all-be all. A healthy Abdullah in a specific role and/or a rookie will help along with Riddick. It seems like the Lions are still high on AA although I'm not sure why.

Should have some help with a healthy Ansah + the other pieces we've added/will add.

Archived