2018 Lions Schedule

Louis Friend

21 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

This is honestly not the response that I was expecting.

This team and schedule could go anywhere from 6-10 to 11-5. Anything over 10-6 would exceed my expectations. The NFC is a challenge so I'm not sure if they would make the playoffs even at 10-6. If they go 10-6 and don't make the playoffs I wouldn't consider this season a failure.

Well it's just a path. They had a pathway last year and blew it lol. Half of their "easy" games are away so... Idk take that for what it's worth...

The home schedule is pretty brutal. But this is how I predict the season to go very early with no injury's/no draft/no preseason. I also don't expect Carolina to be a good team this year honestly.

1 - Jets -W

• 2- SF - W
  • 3 - NE - L
  • 4 - DAL - L
  • 5 - GB - L
  • 6 - BYE
  • 7 - MIA - W
  • 8 - SEA - W
  • 9 - MIN - L
  • 10 - CHI - W
  • 11 - CAR - W
  • 12 - CHI - W
  • 13 - LA - L
  • 14 - ARI - W
  • 15 - BUF - W
  • 16 - MIN - L
  • 17 - GB - L

3 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Well it's just a path. They had a pathway last year and blew it lol. Half of their "easy" games are away so... Idk take that for what it's worth...

The home schedule is pretty brutal. But this is how I predict the season to go very early with no injury's/no draft/no preseason. I also don't expect Carolina to be a good team this year honestly.

1 - Jets -W

• 2- SF - W
  • 3 - NE - L
  • 4 - DAL - L
  • 5 - GB - L
  • 6 - BYE
  • 7 - MIA - W
  • 8 - SEA - W
  • 9 - MIN - L
  • 10 - CHI - W
  • 11 - CAR - W
  • 12 - CHI - W
  • 13 - LA - L
  • 14 - ARI - W
  • 15 - BUF - W
  • 16 - MIN - L
  • 17 - GB - L

I think Dallas is being viewed more positively than how they'll play this season. I expect them to have an 8-8 season even with Zeke back. Carolina is always sneaky good. We have to steal a win from either the Packers or Vikings in order to have any shot. 

Something real liony will happen and we'll lose the first two games, win the next three... and still be out of the playoffs by 1 with a winning record by the end of it all and GB/NE will be playing for the Superbowl...and we beat both. lol.

And a guy like me will want someone fired! Fricken' fire'em!

I'd consider a 9-7 or a playoff birth next season really good with Patricia in his first season, with the GM not really going out and getting anyone for him to build with.

On 4/21/2018 at 1:33 PM, Karnage84 said:

I think Dallas is being viewed more positively than how they'll play this season. I expect them to have an 8-8 season even with Zeke back. Carolina is always sneaky good. We have to steal a win from either the Packers or Vikings in order to have any shot. 

Is it really "stealing a win" against teams we've split with the last five years? 

9-1 against Chicago

6-4 against Minnesota

5-5 against Green Bay

I could see the Lions sweeping the Bears and splitting with both the Packers and Vikings giving the Lions a 4-2 division record. 

Adding in home games against the Jets in prime time, Seattle with all the talent they've lost, Carolina who our guys will want pay back for for last year and road games against the 49ers, Dallas without Dez, Cardinals and Miami without Suh,  I have a hard time not seeing a .500 season or better at the bare minimum. 

Whether this is enough for a playoff spot is a different story and dependent upon the rest of the conference. 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Is it really "stealing a win" against teams we've split with the last five years? 

9-1 against Chicago

6-4 against Minnesota

5-5 against Green Bay

I could see the Lions sweeping the Bears and splitting with both the Packers and Vikings giving the Lions a 4-2 division record. 

Adding in home games against the Jets in prime time, Seattle with all the talent they've lost, Carolina who our guys will want pay back for for last year and road games against the 49ers, Dallas without Dez, Cardinals and Miami without Suh,  I have a hard time not seeing a .500 season or better at the bare minimum. 

Whether this is enough for a playoff spot is a different story and dependent upon the rest of the conference. 

I’m having a hard time really making a prediction on their record.

Everyone in the NFC North improved, on paper.

I think the Lions improved marginally but it’s hard to tell until they take the field.

Quinn has stated numerous times he feels the team is better than last years record so with the coaching change and an additional off season would it be fair to expect 10-6 or better?

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

9-1 against Chicago

6-4 against Minnesota

5-5 against Green Bay

The Vikings are much improved this year than they were last year or even the year before. A W over the Vikes would be a steal IMO. GB has been a challenge and Rodgers is back healthy. Packers aren't as complete a team as the Vikings. So I can see the series being split. I expect to sweep the Bears, even if they're tough games. Dallas is without Dez. He hasn't been the same Dez the last 2-3 years. They do get Zeke back and we were killed by the run last year.

Agree that 8-8 is very realistic. 10-6+ is what we'll need to get into the playoffs. It's still going to be a challenge with the schedule as it is on paper.

Archived