Players that will Shoot Up/Down in Draft

ckoz24

Every year players will drop in the draft or go higher than expected. For example, Tunsil dropped unexpectedly after a tweet showing him with a bong or Lattimore due to team needs.

Who do you expect will shoot up or down in the draft? Where do you think they'll land (range or team)? Why do you think they'll rise or drop?

Riser

Kolton Miller - Not on the tape, but I feel some team will fall in love with that combine performance. I think he'll be the first tackle off the board.  Add in the lackluster tackle class and sort of like Corey Davis, Mike Williams and John Ross last year, some tackle needy team will feel like they have to reach if they want a tackle out of this class. I think he goes top 20 and wouldn't shock me in the top 15. 

Faller

Connor Williams - Bad tape last year combined with length issues.  I feel teams if they project him at guard, he could easily fall to the third round.   Doesn't sound like scouts are enamored with him as much as the draftniks and media project. If he projects to guard (a position he hasn't played) then he's gonna find himself behind Nelson, Wynn, Hernandez and probably some others. Combined with the de-valued guard position, he could be waiting awhile to hear his name called

9 hours ago, mr fluffles said:

Not first round guys but Tarvarious Moore and PJ Hall have been getting so much buzz lately that I expect them to both go Day 2. 

Second that Da'Ron Payne could slip.  Wouldn't be shocked if Vita Vea slipped a little as well.

Really high on Moore. He should be a top 50 pick imo. Huge upside at both FS/CB. 

Nathan Shepard will be a 2nd round pick

Mo Hurst will fall to the middle of the 2nd round. 

42 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Jessie Bates III and Mark Walton Jr. In the top 50.

What in the world would you make you suggest Mark Walton is going to crack top 50? In a loaded RB class, he has had arguably the second-worst off-season (next to John Kelly) in terms of workouts. I tried to warn people that he was similar to James White in that he isn't going test well and likely drop out of the top 100 for it. They have very similar testing across the board and Walton is coming off a serious ankle injury. 

14 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Connor Williams - Bad tape last year combined with length issues.  I feel teams if they project him at guard, he could easily fall to the third round.   Doesn't sound like scouts are enamored with him as much as the draftniks and media project. If he projects to guard (a position he hasn't played) then he's gonna find himself behind Nelson, Wynn, Hernandez and probably some others. Combined with the de-valued guard position, he could be waiting awhile to hear his name called

Teams will have him at different positions. I think enough teams will believe he can play tackle. I think he's a safe bet in the second round. If he goes in the 3rd or later, come back in here and rub it in my face.

Lots of talk about Kolton Miller and his combine on this board, but where do people expect Brian O'Neil to get drafted? His combine was very similar to Millers and even Lane Johnson's. He's not Lane Johnson once the ball is snapped, but there is certainly a lot of athletic potential there, and he doesn't have character flags like Desmond Harrison. Is O'Neil a potential late 1st?

1 hour ago, Da_Ducktator said:

What in the world would you make you suggest Mark Walton is going to crack top 50? In a loaded RB class, he has had arguably the second-worst off-season (next to John Kelly) in terms of workouts. I tried to warn people that he was similar to James White in that he isn't going test well and likely drop out of the top 100 for it. They have very similar testing across the board and Walton is coming off a serious ankle injury. 

I love Walton and think he's going to be a star, but after the combine, he has no shot of going in the top 50. He's more of a 4th-5th rounder because of the ugly 40 time. He's obviously better than the number suggested, but I can't see teams taking him ahead of some of the ht/wt/spd guys in this draft.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Lots of talk about Kolton Miller and his combine on this board, but where do people expect Brian O'Neil to get drafted? His combine was very similar to Millers and even Lane Johnson's. He's not Lane Johnson once the ball is snapped, but there is certainly a lot of athletic potential there, and he doesn't have character flags like Desmond Harrison. Is O'Neil a potential late 1st?

O'Neill is my top rated LT. He's so damn raw though. He lunges on like every snap in both the run and pass game. He's going to struggle early on, but eventually become one heck of a player methinks. If I need a LT and not a RT, O'Neill is my pick. 

I think the best overall OT is still Orlando Brown, followed up by McGlinchey. But if you want LT's, grab O'Neill. He doesn't have a very high floor, but he's got the most upside of anyone in this class. It's an extremely down LT class.

Archived