Players that will Shoot Up/Down in Draft

ckoz24

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Lots of talk about Kolton Miller and his combine on this board, but where do people expect Brian O'Neil to get drafted? His combine was very similar to Millers and even Lane Johnson's. He's not Lane Johnson once the ball is snapped, but there is certainly a lot of athletic potential there, and he doesn't have character flags like Desmond Harrison. Is O'Neil a potential late 1st?

When you're a 6'7" OT who can move like him, you can't rule it out.

18 hours ago, ckoz24 said:

Every year players will drop in the draft or go higher than expected. For example, Tunsil dropped unexpectedly after a tweet showing him with a bong or Lattimore due to team needs.

Who do you expect will shoot up or down in the draft? Where do you think they'll land (range or team)? Why do you think they'll rise or drop?

:D I have never been so happy during a draft to see "team needs" play out like they did with this pick!

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

O'Neill is my top rated LT. He's so damn raw though. He lunges on like every snap in both the run and pass game. He's going to struggle early on, but eventually become one heck of a player methinks. If I need a LT and not a RT, O'Neill is my pick. 

I think the best overall OT is still Orlando Brown, followed up by McGlinchey. But if you want LT's, grab O'Neill. He doesn't have a very high floor, but he's got the most upside of anyone in this class. It's an extremely down LT class.

- I've always been on board with O'Neill, if his only flaw is that he is raw, that IMO is a good thing. A good OL coach can whip that in shape in no time 

- Also with Brown, I am very interested to see if the combine wasn't a personal wake up call for him. Its been about a month and a half from the combine, I would like to see the progress if he did get himself together. The perception is pretty low on him, but he could go from top OT prospect to goat and can turn into a steal is teams are scared off from him. He still has a lot of really nice tools to make him a long time starter

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Shaquem Griffin will drop.  Not because of his hand.  But because he's not a natural fit for a lot of teams due to his tweener size.

Opposite take; Griffin is going Top 100.

The most infectious personality in this Draft isn't going to be invited to Dallas for the event so the NFL can have him sit around in shame for falling to day three. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 2nd round at this rate.

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

I predict Rasheed Evans will fall into the 2nd round.  Serious groin injury(s).  Makes plays except when he must be more mobile. Crappy workout. Excuses.

I've never heard of Rasheed Evans. I think his cousin Rashaan Evans is the best ILB in the draft though.

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Lots of talk about Kolton Miller and his combine on this board, but where do people expect Brian O'Neil to get drafted? His combine was very similar to Millers and even Lane Johnson's. He's not Lane Johnson once the ball is snapped, but there is certainly a lot of athletic potential there, and he doesn't have character flags like Desmond Harrison. Is O'Neil a potential late 1st?

O'Neil is a good prospect who may be able to start in a year, but he is not strong enough to start as a rookie and will need time to build his body up and improve his knee bend. Even Kolton Miller is an unusual case, in some ways, his height actually works against him, especially in his ability to throw a solid punch and use his hands effectively.

I think Miller will go round 1, just for the reason that the LT is probably the weakest position in this year's draft and a desperate team may reach for him in round 1, but there is no way IMO, he goes before the 25th pick 

Archived