The 2018 schedule thread....How many wins ya got?

Bucketheadsdad

How many wins will we get?   

27 members have voted

1. 1. So, now that we know our schedule, how many wins will we get?

• 0-3
    • 4-7
    • 8-10
    • 11 or more
    • 19 (Build the John Dorsey Statue this February)

2 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

1. Pittsburgh        Loss    Too early for this young team to compete.

2. @ New Orleans    Loss    Too good of a team to win on the road.
3. New YorkJ        Win    Both young teams but homefield gets us the W.
4. @ Oakland        Loss    Compete but road was too much again.
5. Baltimore        Loss    Compete at home can't seal the deal. If later in year possible a W as the signs are pointing up.
6. Los AngelesC        Loss    Inexperienced OT cost us huge int his one.
7. @ Tampa Bay        Win    Tampa Bay is worse off than people believe and the Browns nab their first win 24 attempts. Amazingly bad run is over.
8. @ Pittsburgh        Loss    Couldn't pull out 2 in a row but they were again in the game from start to finish.
9. Kansas City        Win    Surprise win here but it is home field a growing ball of energy in Cleveland that aid the in victory.
10. Atlanta        Loss    Again battle from start to finish but fall short.
11. Bye
12. @ Cincinnati    Win    Two road wins in a year? Unheard of around here. Well I guess so is 2 wins in a season, but times, they are a changing.
13. @ Houston        Loss    Changing but not changing at record pace.
14. Carolina        Loss    Tough loss at home.
15. @ Denver        Loss    Young team on the road blows a lead late.
16. Cincinnati        Win    An AFC North sweep? Unheard of but the young team pulled it off after 3 hearbreakers just in time to get spirits back up heading into year 2 of the Dorsey era.
17. @ Baltimore        Win    A road win in the division to close out the season and the Browns have finally squeezed their way into the NFL's radar moving forward.
18. Haslam vs. Hue    Win    Biggest win of the year as Hue gets the can after a 6-10 season but many saw at least 3 more wins with a better game manager and leader.

Extension for Duke Johnson and a new head coach as well as momentum should aid in free agents wanting to come to Cleveland. Franchise QB already on board the future is on the up and up in Cleveland.

I dont know if I label this Browns team as being the young team.

Vet QB, Vet WRs, Vet OL, Vet secondary, and Vet linebackers. The youth of this team will be found in the defensive line, TEs, and RBs. With DL and RB, you want youth at those positions. Browns are in a weird situation of having a lot of well established talented and having good young talent. I really like the make up of this roster

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Idk man...I think taking Allen or Mayfield would be a quicker way to make an eye-catching statement.

Drafting a QB isnt making a statement. Its doing what has to be done.

Beating the reigning Division champs after going 0-16 and the team being lead by all the established vets that were brought in. That is a huge statement to Dorsey. Add that to the draft and it gives him even more credibility

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Why do you say this?

Looking at the schedule, I'd say we beat the Jets (although we said the same thing last year), the Bengals at home, and maybe 1-3 of games between Tampa, Denver, LAC, Houston and Baltimore. The thing is, fans of those teams are looking at their schedule thinking that games vs. the Browns will be easy wins for them.

I think we have the talent to beat those teams and maybe others, but we have to prove it on the field and gel as a team before I'm confident enough to predict more than 3-5 wins for the season. But when this team has gone 1-31 in the past two seasons, I'm generally going to give the edge to the opposing team.

I hope I'm wrong and they win more than five games. But hell, winning five games would feel like a huge improvement over the past two seasons.

If you think we're winning more than 6-7 games at the very best with that crazy schedule you're crazy imo...

Tyrod VS Big Ben (2), Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Derek Carr, Jameis Winston, and Deshaun Watson

That could very well be 9 losses.... plus if we split with Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton....that's 11 losses...

I see a highly competitive 5-11 season at best a 7 win season... I do think that not all 5-11 seasons are made the same... this one will be a competitive one filled with observed progress from many players pivotal for the future success of the team...

I'm thinking 6. My guess is we beat Bal,Cin,Nyj,Oak,TB and Hou. My hope is we can win these games and upset a few others to compete if Tyrod plays well but at this point I'll take 5-7 wins and feel good about process ecs if we pick the right QB at 1

I am pretty sure we should get at least 3 wins, even rotten NFL teams can usually pull that off. Anything past that will be gravy and unexpected.

After all, what kind of HC is Hu??? Haslam may have kept him on, but that does not mean he can be a good HC and if he stinks as badly as I think he will, well we will be lucky to get 3 wins.

All I will predict is that if the draft goes well and Hue or whoever replaces him turns out to be a solid hire, then by year 2, should see us at 8-8 and a playoff contender by 2020. If Haslam continues to keep Hue around after a 3 win season, then all bets are off and the reality is, none of us has a clue what Haslam will do???

Anybody who thinks we can win 7 games next year or more, is just whistling Dixie!!!

5 hours ago, bruceb said:

This is what scares me.

Because it means Hueball might remain.

Huebris keeps his job means Haley is the OC, Williams is the DC, and Zamp is the QB coach. Thinking about it, I’ll trade keeping Hue to keep those three guys. If you can promise me that the new HC would keep those three assistant, then let’s fire Hue yesterday...

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

If you think we're winning more than 6-7 games at the very best with that crazy schedule you're crazy imo...

Tyrod VS Big Ben (2), Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Derek Carr, Jameis Winston, and Deshaun Watson...

Your Buying into a lot of hype. Steelers game is very winnable going into week1. Chargers, you have to worry more about their defense than QB. Who knows how well Carr and Gurden mesh, Winston is polarizing, and Watson, you have no idea what you will get. Looked good but now DCs had an entire offseason to break down his game. 

Brees, Ryan, Newton, and Wk8’steelera scare me and I see those as loses. Those other games, I’m not writing off yet. Specially with how good the defense can be next year if they select Chubb at #4. 

Baseline for this team is 6-7 wins. Anything less should be a disappointment and anything more is overachieving IMO. This should be the best browns team we have seen in 10years, since that 07 squad IMO. If the browns get Chubb, I will say this might be the best defense since the return. 

Archived