Rams 2018 schedule

NVRamsFan

http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Inside-the-2018-Rams-Schedule-Call/41112dd8-91ad-41ee-89de-22c625e562ef

A couple things I noticed:

Five prime time games!

First 8 weeks our biggest travel is to Denver.

Bye week 12 is then followed by @Detroit and @Chicago. If the past is any indication look for the Rams to stay in Chicago between those games.

Looks like the Niners get to play our backups again week 17 :D

It actually worked out as well as could be for us. Our four toughest games on paper are Philly, Minnesota, New Orleans, and Green Bay. Three of the four are at home. We only have two early games. And our two MNF games don't disservice us too badly. The Cards are beatable, and we have a bye after the Chiefs game in Mexico.

I’m predicting Rams will go 12-4 but I feel great about 11-5. Last year the difference was a dropped GW TD by Kupp in Week 5 or the Rams resting their starters in Week 17. They have a better team this upcoming season. So 11-5 is the floor, really 13-3 or 14-2 in the ceiling. My prediction though is 12-4.

I do like how the fact that the Rams don’t leave the West Coast until Week 9 when the travel to New Orleans. 3 of the first 4 games are in LA which is very nice. So people want to see how the new “big personalities” work, they will have the comfort of home to get off to a great start in the first month to build the confidence up and go from there. The Rams are going to take the throne in this upcoming season. Now let’s do some great things in the draft next week and then get to work.

I like the chance to start 3-1 out of the gate. That is my biggest take away from this schedule. If we slipped out of the gate, that is where the "personality' issue would come into play. Oak/Ari/LAC all look like potential wins going into a big week 4 vs Minn. Starting off strong is what will build this teams confidence in one another and keep the personalities at bay.

Love having a late bye week. Always helpful for a team trying to contend.

I dont understand how the NFL continues to let the streaks of 3 happen. We have back to back 3 home then 3 road games. Thankfully the 3 road games are all West Coast(-ish)

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I like the chance to start 3-1 out of the gate. That is my biggest take away from this schedule. If we slipped out of the gate, that is where the "personality' issue would come into play. Oak/Ari/LAC all look like potential wins going into a big week 4 vs Minn. Starting off strong is what will build this teams confidence in one another and keep the personalities at bay.

I’m starting to not like the word “personality” lol. Seriously Talib came to LA because of Wade, he isn’t going to do anything to divide the locker room at his age he is going to mentor guys like Peters just like he did Harris Jr. which btw was with Wade as the DC. Suh is going to go to work next to Donald who is quiet as you get. You think Suh is going to get loud when Donald is going to be quiet and keep grinding no matter what? That will make Suh look so bad it’s not going to be funny. And Cooks has never been loud he played on a Saints team that went 7-9 his first 3 straight seasons with them. So again I don’t get where the “personality” guys comes from. Rams will be fine as a tight group because last year they had some adversity like losing to Seattle the way they did then waiting seem like ages to finally play them again and destroying them. I thought being away from LA for a month was adversity and the Rams looked great in the midst of all that traveling. So again I think the Rams will be fine even if they have to face some adversity this season.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I’m starting to not like the word “personality” lol. Seriously Talib came to LA because of Wade, he isn’t going to do anything to divide the locker room at his age he is going to mentor guys like Peters just like he did Harris Jr. which btw was with Wade as the DC. Suh is going to go to work next to Donald who is quiet as you get. You think Suh is going to get loud when Donald is going to be quiet and keep grinding no matter what? That will make Suh look so bad it’s not going to be funny. And Cooks has never been loud he played on a Saints team that went 7-9 his first 3 straight seasons with them. So again I don’t get where the “personality” guys comes from. Rams will be fine as a tight group because last year they had some adversity like losing to Seattle the way they did then waiting seem like ages to finally play them again and destroying them. I thought being away from LA for a month was adversity and the Rams looked great in the midst of all that traveling. So again I think the Rams will be fine even if they have to face some adversity this season.

Let's say everything you said is true, although I'm still concerned with Peters, Talib, and Suh.

Suh stomps on one guy in the heat of the moment or gets a personal foul it's a bad look; how will Brockers or Donald react? Will they try to reprimand him? Is Suh used to not being the best player on his Defense?

Talib gets into any scuffles, like a Crabtree incident ( while Wade was still his DC). Who's going to check him? Joyner? Barron? Donald? How will that be perceived?

What happens when Peters throws a tantrum and Talib gets in his ear? He going to respond well to that? We don't know. There are strong personalities on this defense and we just lost a lot of leadership in Quinn and Ogleltree who normally would be the one handling it.

I think McVay and Wade will build a culture that keeps these incidents from spiraling out of control, but ultimately winning solves all. And getting off to a good start helps keep everyone focused on the big picture vs starting off 1-3 and now we are playing on our backs. Starting off strong is important because so many things can go wrong given the uncertainties. We are extremely talented on paper, but cohesion is key.  

@BStanRamFan I have no concerns about those guys. Suh has always played like that even back in college. I’m sure what he did to Colt McCoy was just flat out terrible lol.

Talib only scuffles with Crabtree lol. That’s no different than Norman and OBJ or even when OBJ came to St. Louis and got into a scuffle with Rams players on defense. I’d rather get a flag for a scuffle than a cheap flag Tru got on Jeffery which I still thought was a BS call. Wade will let those guys play and they won’t let him down. Trust me. 

As for Peters, people freaking out over him. What if we knew the reason Faulk got traded to the Rams was because the Colts front office got fed up with him being a selfish and a me first player. Like at least I didn’t know it until long after Faulk retired he talked about it. He was young and thought it was all about him and he was hurting the Colts and when he finally started to realize it was about the team first it was too late he was already traded. So Peters is young he has more growing to do. I’ll continue to say he lets his passion for the game become a negative sometimes but it’s nothing he can’t grow from.

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Love having a late bye week. Always helpful for a team trying to contend.

I dont understand how the NFL continues to let the streaks of 3 happen. We have back to back 3 home then 3 road games. Thankfully the 3 road games are all West Coast(-ish)

Our schedule has to be a little tough to plan too because they have to compensate the Trojans. 

Archived