BYE

@ Chargers

Steelers

@ Begals

@ 49ers

Browns

@ Raiders

Chargers 

Week 10 bye, no 3-game road trips, can’t complain. No Sunday Night Football for us either. Surprising considering the non-playoff making Cowboys and Packers each have 3 Sunday night games. 

31 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Seahawks

Raiders

@ Ravens

Chiefs

@ Jets

Rams

@ Cardinals 

@ Chiefs

Texans 

BYE

@ Chargers

Steelers

@ Begals

@ 49ers

Browns

@ Raiders

Chargers 

Week 10 bye, no 3-game road trips, can’t complain. No Sunday Night Football for us either. Surprising considering the non-playoff making Cowboys and Packers each have 3 Sunday night games. 

We'll learn a lot about this team real fast. We could just as easily start 0-4 as we could 4-0.

I haven't got a clue. If we play like we did last year we'll be 2-7, 3-6 at our bye week.

10 hours ago, AKRNA said:

We'll learn a lot about this team real fast. We could just as easily start 0-4 as we could 4-0.

I haven't got a clue. If we play like we did last year we'll be 2-7, 3-6 at our bye week.

9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I think 10 wins is obtainable

SEA, OAK, CLE, HOU, @CIN and @NYJ games we should be favorites at home the first 4 being at home.   We’ll be dogs for the others (or even odds simply because we are at home).   Thing is being a favorite we won’t cover 100 percent either obv.   I actually see a 6-10 to 8-8 season.  

I look at that schedule I get the same feeling @AKRNA gets - September / October determines our fate.   Like last year we have to be winning early to have a shot.   I don’t see it because teams in transition and who aren’t well coached struggle early.   That’s us.   If we are 3-1 we  have a shot but I think we are more likely to be 1-3 by the time October rolls around. Having Vance as HC only assures we will look great in practice lol.  

Honestly, I really like our schedule. I think we caught quite a few good breaks. For one, we have a bye later in the season which hasn't been the case the last few years. On top of that, we get a short-trip for a Thursday night game two weeks before, so it kind of acts as a double bye which is favorable. We begin and end at home, our east coast travel is mostly early on, no brutal away stretches, and our final 5 games or so could all be winnable.

On a personal note, I'm stoked about how everything worked. I'm in Philly, so I can easily get to the Meadowlands or Baltimore, and since those games are early season games, they should be good weather and easy trips lol.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Honestly, I really like our schedule. I think we caught quite a few good breaks. For one, we have a bye later in the season which hasn't been the case the last few years. On top of that, we get a short-trip for a Thursday night game two weeks before, so it kind of acts as a double bye which is favorable. We begin and end at home, our east coast travel is mostly early on, no brutal away stretches, and our final 5 games or so could all be winnable.

Agreed. This schedule is much more favorable to us than last year's was. We only have two real trips to the East Coast, Baltimore and New York and both are in September when the weather is tolerable. 

41 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Agreed. This schedule is much more favorable to us than last year's was. We only have two real trips to the East Coast, Baltimore and New York and both are in September when the weather is tolerable. 

Maybe we will luck out and get the 2:25 games instead of the 11:00 and really have a favorable schedule but I doubt it

I always like to classify it into three categories when predicting the record before the season: Definitive Win--Definitive Loss--TBD. 

Definitive Win = A game that we could lose - but even the most pessimistic of observers wouldn't predict a loss. 

Definitive Loss = A game that we could win - but even the most optimistic of observers wouldn't predict a win.

TBD = Largely dependent on factors unknown at this point (i.e. injuries, surprisingly effective newcomers/developing players, schematic changes from last season, etc).

When I look at this schedule I see 4--6--6.

The four games that we should expect a win: OAK, @NYJ, @ARI, CLE.

The six games that we should expect a loss: LAR, @KC, HOU, @LAC, PIT, @SF.

Too early to tell: SEA, @BAL, KC, @CIN, @OAK, LAC.

So in my estimation (if each TBD is 0.5 wins) we should be a 7 win team with a deviation of ~3~ games -- meaning that we could reasonably expect to finish anywhere from 4-12-to-10-6 with the most likely outcome being between between 6-8 wins.

Hypothetically, if everything goes right (i.e. Keenum is a hit, 1-or-2 of Butt/C Henderson/D Henderson turn into productive players, we draft multiple effective players in the draft, coaching improves, etc) we could be as good as 10-6.

But...if everything goes wrong (i.e. Vance Joseph continues to stand on the sideline like a freshman who walked into the wrong classroom on the first day,  Keenum doesn't play up to his new contract, the defense continues to regress, Elway flubs another draft, etc) we could be as bad as 4-12.

Either way, I'm excited for the journey of this season. 

25 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

I always like to classify it into three categories when predicting the record before the season: Definitive Win--Definitive Loss--TBD. 

Definitive Win = A game that we could lose - but even the most pessimistic of observers wouldn't predict a loss. 

Definitive Loss = A game that we could win - but even the most optimistic of observers wouldn't predict a win.

TBD = Largely dependent on factors unknown at this point (i.e. injuries, surprisingly effective newcomers/developing players, schematic changes from last season, etc).

When I look at this schedule I see 4--6--6.

The four games that we should expect a win: OAK, @NYJ, @ARI, CLE.

The six games that we should expect a loss: LAR, @KC, HOU, @LAC, PIT, @SF.

Too early to tell: SEA, @BAL, KC, @CIN, @OAK, LAC.

So in my estimation (if each TBD is 0.5 wins) we should be a 7 win team with a deviation of ~3~ games -- meaning that we could reasonably expect to finish anywhere from 4-12-to-10-6 with the most likely outcome being between between 6-8 wins.

Hypothetically, if everything goes right (i.e. Keenum is a hit, 1-or-2 of Butt/C Henderson/D Henderson turn into productive players, we draft multiple effective players in the draft, coaching improves, etc) we could be as good as 10-6.

But...if everything goes wrong (i.e. Vance Joseph continues to stand on the sideline like a freshman who walked into the wrong classroom on the first day,  Keenum doesn't play up to his new contract, the defense continues to regress, Elway flubs another draft, etc) we could be as bad as 4-12.

Either way, I'm excited for the journey of this season. 

I think you can probably add Houston to the win category. They're pretty bad.

The "too early to tell" list looks viewed through "rose colored glasses"

At Baltimore, KC, Oak and LAC should definitely fit in the loss column. Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, we won't really have a clue until about the 4th or 5th week.

Try it a different way, figure we go 1-5 in the AFC West. I don't see any way we can beat KC or the Chargers and we're not good enough to sweep Oakland.To reach 10-6 we've got to win 9 of the other 10. I figure 5-5 at best. That leaves us with another top 10 draft pick next year.

23 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I think you can probably add Houston to the win category. They're pretty bad.

The "too early to tell" list looks viewed through "rose colored glasses"

At Baltimore, KC, Oak and LAC should definitely fit in the loss column. Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, we won't really have a clue until about the 4th or 5th week.

Try it a different way, figure we go 1-5 in the AFC West. I don't see any way we can beat KC or the Chargers and we're not good enough to sweep Oakland.To reach 10-6 we've got to win 9 of the other 10. I figure 5-5 at best. That leaves us with another top 10 draft pick next year.

It's not obvious to me that any of the AFC West teams are better than they were last year. I think 1-5 is very pessimistic. Houston is going to be a lot better w/Watson for a full season and Watt coming back. Houston is going to be a force the next few years while they have Watson on a rookie contract. I anticipate that we see them play in the AFC Championship before he inks his big contract.

But I will try it a different way -- I'll rate each game on a 1-10 scale, with 1 being extremely unlikely, 10 being extremely likely (being given 1/10th of a win/likelihood, or 0.1 wins) -

See below: (total = 7.1 wins)

SEA  - 0.4 wins

OAK  - 0.6 wins

@ BAL - 0.4 wins

KC  - 0.5 wins

@ NYJ - 0.6 wins

LAR - 0.2 wins

@ ARI - 0.6 wins

@ KC - 0.3 wins

HOU  - 0.3 wins

BYE

@ LAC - 0.3 wins

PIT - 0.3 wins

@ CIN - 0.6 wins

@ SF - 0.3 wins

CLE - 0.7 wins

@ OAK - 0.4 wins

LAC - 0.6 wins

3 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Depends on how Watson recovers, too bad it's not earlier in the year while he's still rusty

I forgot about him. So maybe not a win.

I still think our problem is in the AFC West. I can see a split with Oakland, we might even win 'em both. Chargers and KC are a different story. Chargers I think win the division this year.

Archived