7DnBrnc53’s Second 2018 Draft Projection (2 Rnd)

7DnBrnc53

TRADES

1. Patriots trade 23rd and 43rd overall picks to the Cowboys for the 19th overall selection.
2. Giants trade 66th and 108th overall picks to Bills for 56th overall selection.

First Round

1. BROWNS: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St.
2. GIANTS: Sam Darnold, QB, USC
3. JETS (from IND): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
4. BROWNS (from HOU): Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
5. BRONCOS: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
6. COLTS (from NYJ): Bradley Chubb, DE, NC St.
7. BUCCANEERS: Quenton Nelson, OL, Notre Dame
8. BEARS: Tremaine Edmunds, ILB, Va. Tech
9. 49ERS: Derwin James, S, Florida St.
10. RAIDERS: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
11. DOLPHINS: Roquan Smith, OLB, Georgia
12. BILLS (from CIN): Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
13. REDSKINS: Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
14. PACKERS: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio St.
15. CARDINALS: Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
16. RAVENS: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
17. CHARGERS: Leighton Vander Esch, MLB, Boise St.
18. SEAHAWKS: Marcus Davenport, DE, Tx-Sn Ant.
19. PATRIOTS (from DAL): Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
20. LIONS: Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
21. BENGALS (from BUF): James Daniels, C, Iowa
22. BILLS (from KC): Isaiah Wynn, OL, Georgia
23. COWBOYS (from NE thru LARM): Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
24. PANTHERS: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
25. TITANS: Sam Hubbard, OLB, Ohio St.
26. FALCONS: Will Hernandez, G, UTEP
27. SAINTS: Harold Landry, DE, Boston College
28. STEELERS: Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
29. JAGUARS: Mike Hughes, CB, UCF
30. VIKINGS: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
31. PATRIOTS: Brian O’Neill, OT, Pittsburgh
32. EAGLES: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

Second Round

33. BROWNS: Donte’ Jackson, CB, LSU
34. GIANTS: Billy Price, C, Ohio St.
35. BROWNS (from HOU): Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford
36. COLTS: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
37. COLTS (from NYJ): Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
38. BUCCANEERS: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
39. BEARS: Orlando Brown, RT, Oklahoma
40. BRONCOS: Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
41. RAIDERS: Hayden Hurst, TE, So. Caro.
42. DOLPHINS: Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
43. COWBOYS (from NE thru SF): Darius Leonard, LB, SC St.
44. REDSKINS: Tim Settle, NT, Va. Tech
45. PACKERS: Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama
46. BENGALS: Arden Key, DE, LSU
47. CARDINALS: Mason Rudolph, QB, Okla. St.
48. CHARGERS: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
49. COLTS (from NYJ thru SEA): Martinas Rankin, OT, Miss. St.
50. COWBOYS: Justin Reid, S, Stanford
51. LIONS: Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest
52. RAVENS: Malik Jefferson, ILB, Texas
53. BILLS: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn
54. CHIEFS: Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia
55. PANTHERS: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
56. GIANTS (from BUF thru LARM): Ronald Jones, RB, USC
57. TITANS: Braden Smith, G, Auburn
58. FALCONS: B.J. Hill, DT, N.C. State
59. 49ERS (from NO): Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
60. STEELERS: Dorance Armstrong, Jr, OLB, Kansas
61. JAGUARS: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
62. VIKINGS: Andrew Brown, DT, Virginia
63. PATRIOTS: Terrell Edmunds, LB/S, Virginia Tech
64. BROWNS (from PHI): Rasheem Green, DE, USC

not bad for the jags but its not good either.  round 1 i would look at Billy Price, frank Ragnow or one of the tackles like Miller and Brian O'Neil.  id probably go with Price tho ragnow wouldnt be bad.  CB isnt a 1st round need for the jags. 

in round 2 i dont like brown that much as a wr.  based on whos available ill take Mike Gesicki TE Penn State. i dont know why u didnt include him in the 1st 2 rounds but a TE that is that athletic will go early. 

Total disaster for Cleveland.  Barkley at #1...Dorsey will never draft a RB at #1.  The pick is simple and easy....Darnold all the way.  Josh Allen is downright horrible.  A 56% percent completion rate this year and 54% last year.  Yes he has a cannon of an arm and so did Jamarcus Russell.  Darnold is accurate, can move when pressured, creates plays.  Allen vs. even somewhat decent talent couldn't do a thing.  We draft his mirror image in Kizer and we seen what happened.

At 4 it will be Chubb or Barkley.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

OG isn't a need in Atlanta anymore. Can't see them going there in the fist.

Agreed although Hernandez and Hill would be 2 damn good round 1 quality players.  Plus if im not mistaken isn't Levitre a FA after this year if we don't extend him.  Thats a good way to save some cap space for our big defensive guys coming up in a year or 2 needing contracts.   If we could still get another DT, TE, and WR in the next few rounds or 1 of those 3 in FA.  I wouldn't be fully against a player of Hernandez caliber on the roster incase if injury like last year and to save cap space going forward.

9 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Agreed although Hernandez and Hill would be 2 damn good round 1 quality players.  Plus if im not mistaken isn't Levitre a FA after this year if we don't extend him.  Thats a good way to save some cap space for our big defensive guys coming up in a year or 2 needing contracts.   If we could still get another DT, TE, and WR in the next few rounds or 1 of those 3 in FA.  I wouldn't be fully against a player of Hernandez caliber on the roster incase if injury like last year and to save cap space going forward.

Good point about Levitre. And, isn't their other guard Brandon Fusco? He hasn't exactly been kicking butt lately, from what I hear. Hernandez would provide an upgrade.

3 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Good point about Levitre. And, isn't their other guard Brandon Fusco? He hasn't exactly been kicking butt lately, from what I hear. Hernandez would provide an upgrade.

Fusco has done better than people give him credit for though overall.  Every year in the league he has been healthy he finished as a top 20 guard in PFF.  His 1st few years he finished top 5 actually.  Then he had 2 down years with a torn pec and concussions which he didn't show well at all.  Last year he was back to being fully healthy and once again finished in the top 20 to 25 guards with almost the same exact ranking as Levitre.   For 4 mil a year he's really not a bad option at OG for any team and i personally would love to keep Levitre and extend him if the numbers are right.  So i hope we don't need a OG in this draft or any for the next few years but as said im not fully against it but i still much prefer other positions for us like a Maurice Hurst and B.J. Hill  2 DT's back to back but 2 different types 1 more of a SDE/DT to replace Clayborn and upshaw.  1 in Hill to replace Poe as more of a NT. 

total disaster for Dallas...im fine with the trade, hell i even love it, picking up a 2nd rounder for dropping down just 4 spots, but u REALLY blew the picks...WR CSutton is not a 1st round player or tallent, even ask Dallas what they think (yes, they have said he is not a 1st round guy) and Leonard certainly isnt worthy of #43...just go back and look at the picks and who was still on the board - I would of gone either DE Landry or LB Evans in the 1st and then come back with WR DJ Moore with the extra 2nd from the trade...think about it...CSutton and Leonard or Evans and Moore? Hands down Evans and Moore then throw in FS JRied at #50 and BOOM!!! Peace

On 4/19/2018 at 8:07 PM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

1. Patriots trade 23rd and 43rd overall picks to the Cowboys for the 19th overall selection.

That's a DRASTIC overpay by the Patriots.  IF Lamar Jackson is still on the board when the Cowboys pick, that means his value isn't there which means that QB premium doesn't have to be paid.  Probably more like 23, 63, and 198 for 19 and 81.

14. PACKERS: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio St.

Works for me.  They could opt to go EDGE with Harold Landry or Marcus Davenport though.

45. PACKERS: Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama

Pretty slim chance they take Harrison.  They're probably want more of a FS/SS tweener if they're going to grab another safety.  They already have Josh Jones who can fill that role of Harrison.  Quite frankly, I think the only safety they'd take in the first two rounds is Derwin James.

Archived