Jump to content
Mid Iowa

2018 Schedule announced

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Am I the only one that is looking at the schedule and thinking it's very reasonable that we end up 9-7 even without slumps from our 2nd year players or poor performances from our rookies?  The 1st place schedule in the NFC is a murderer's row this year for each and the only slight consolation is that we have the AFC North which seems to be a down conference compared to years in the past.  I mean we have to face Philly, Minny, and St. Louis based on the #1 schedule, Cowboys still from the NFC East that will likely be a real challenge with Washington possibly being a threat, then you have Pittsburgh and possibly Baltimore from the AFC North, then we play the NFC South which none of the teams look to be bad this year again.  Optimistically I think we got 11-5, realistically I think 10-6 or 9-7.

I hate to say it, and last year people doubted me when I said I thought we would go 11-5, but I just feel like we might end up at 9-7.

I think what you're proposing is entirely possible and maybe even likely. But if you were a Philly fan, or Minny fan, or LA Rams fan you would be thinking the same thing. It's possible that one or two of those teams 'fall off' this year and some other team takes their place as the dominant NFC team.

So my guess is that one or two of these NFC powerhouses are going to fall this year...let's hope it's not the Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BossierWhoDat said:

I think what you're proposing is entirely possible and maybe even likely. But if you were a Philly fan, or Minny fan, or LA Rams fan you would be thinking the same thing. It's possible that one or two of those teams 'fall off' this year and some other team takes their place as the dominant NFC team.

So my guess is that one or two of these NFC powerhouses are going to fall this year...let's hope it's not the Saints.

Our schedule is very much back heavy, our first 5 games are Bucs, Browns, @Falcons, @Giants, and Redskins before heading into our bye week, if we are able to go 5-0 to start the season I think 11-5 is definitely possible.  But after teh bye week we have @Ravens @Vikings, Rams, @Bengals, Philly, Falcons, @Cowboys, @Bucs, @Panthers, Steelers, and finally Panthers at home to finish the regular season.  We could easily end up going anywhere from 2-9 and 6-5 in that last stretch of games, and 6-5 is kind of stretching it for me if Brees has the same sort of pattern as last year where games after he's leaned on to win his arm is poor.  

If we take just the games we played against the same teams as last year recording the same results, we'd be 5-4 (4-2 in division), so we'd have to go 6-1 against Philly, Dallas, Giants, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, and Browns just to reach 11-5 again... realistically it looks more like a 4-3 record against those 7 teams, especially with how the schedule is arranged.  Maybe if we had the Browns and @Giants swapped with the Rams and @Cowboys would I feel more confident as the strength of the schedule would be spread out more evenly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you guys make me not want to watch. Cloudy day where you're at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Raves said:

Am I the only one that is looking at the schedule and thinking it's very reasonable that we end up 9-7 even without slumps from our 2nd year players or poor performances from our rookies?  The 1st place schedule in the NFC is a murderer's row this year for each and the only slight consolation is that we have the AFC North which seems to be a down conference compared to years in the past.  I mean we have to face Philly, Minny, and St. Louis based on the #1 schedule, Cowboys still from the NFC East that will likely be a real challenge with Washington possibly being a threat, then you have Pittsburgh and possibly Baltimore from the AFC North, then we play the NFC South which none of the teams look to be bad this year again.  Optimistically I think we got 11-5, realistically I think 10-6 or 9-7.

I hate to say it, and last year people doubted me when I said I thought we would go 11-5, but I just feel like we might end up at 9-7.

Yes, I believe we could very easily wind up 9-7.  It's a tough schedule, every team in the NFC is dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Well you guys make me not want to watch. Cloudy day where you're at?

Actually it's been pretty nice.  I think this season is definitely worth watching as just because things could go wrong, they could also go very right.  It all hinges on Brees and our 2nd year players really for how great this season will be.  I'm probably more excited to watch this season than I was last year and that's even with my pessimistic view on how we end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would rather have a back heavy season, it will get us prepared for the playoffs. Gives us a few games against lighter competition and slowly escalates to Vikings and Eagles, finish off with Panthers and Steelers. It'll be good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Raves said:

Actually it's been pretty nice.  I think this season is definitely worth watching as just because things could go wrong, they could also go very right.  It all hinges on Brees and our 2nd year players really for how great this season will be.  I'm probably more excited to watch this season than I was last year and that's even with my pessimistic view on how we end.

Suddenly, literally over night, I agree with the 9-7 forecast. But not due to Brees and the Sophomores, this time due to Ingram getting caught juicing. What a dumbass!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Suddenly, literally over night, I agree with the 9-7 forecast. But not due to Brees and the Sophomores, this time due to Ingram getting caught juicing. What a dumbass!!

I don't think this really has any change on my predictions for the season.  The first 5 games I expected to be 4-1 or 5-0 and this doesn't really change anything in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Raves said:

I don't think this really has any change on my predictions for the season.  The first 5 games I expected to be 4-1 or 5-0 and this doesn't really change anything in that regard.

I actually think that Ingram is a bigger part of this offense than many give him credit for, and he's literally in his prime right now. He sees the field, he's in peak physical shape (even if it's fake), and he knows how to work with this O, and the entire O knows how to work with him.

He's not a guy you pull and plug someone else in, and expect similar results. It just isn't gonna happen that way.

I'm feeling like we'll be lucky to be above .500 at the bye.

Lose to Tampa, Atlanta, Cleveland
Win vs. New York and Washington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I actually think that Ingram is a bigger part of this offense than many give him credit for, and he's literally in his prime right now. He sees the field, he's in peak physical shape (even if it's fake), and he knows how to work with this O, and the entire O knows how to work with him.

He's not a guy you pull and plug someone else in, and expect similar results. It just isn't gonna happen that way.

I'm feeling like we'll be lucky to be above .500 at the bye.

Lose to Tampa, Atlanta, Cleveland
Win vs. New York and Washington.

See the Atlanta game is really the only one I think we might lose.  I'm not worried about Tampa, Cleveland, New York, or Washington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ingram appealed. From what I've read...things are back in his favor. Hopefull that I'm reading this right but I think this might be a moot point now.

My notification reads: "This just in: Saints RB Mark Ingram's suspension upheld by arbitrator; agents say positive test not for PEDs or illegal substance" --courtesy ESPN iPhone App.

Question is, positive for what though? My answer is: If he plays then IDC.

Edited by jcvoodoo
I NEED GLASSES I GUESS >.<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×