• 9-7
    • 10-6
    • 11-5
    • 12-4
    • 13-3
    • 14-2
    • 15-1
    • 16-0 Yeah Baby!

Not excited about that stretch from week 11 to week 17. Travel and teams just kinda suck. I mean we play NO in week 16 away right after playing Tom Brady which is after a west coast trip? Seed deciding week and we travel out of conference against a NFL playoff team? Not fun. Then we finish with Cinci. If we have our seed locked for playoffs going into week 17, is it possible to bring in a replacement team? Hate what Burfict will do to anyone in a game that doesnt matter to us and ends his season. 

I do think there is at least a good chance we could go 9-0 going into that Jags game, but the schedule gets so much harder after that (oh, and we suck at living up to expectations). 

I voted 12-4, but I think it entirely depends on how hot we start up to the Bye. Its really a tale of two halves, but we need to make sure we take care of the first half so we can keep pushing through the second. 

I love that we are getting Mahomes early in the season before he can get his feet wet.  But there will be at least one game on tape to prepare the feast. 

Nice to see two revenge games against JAX and NE (at home again)  ---  Actually missed the NE game last year, I was at LEGO Land with my kids.  (saw most of the first half on a lunch break)  Late in the game, saw that we were ahead by 5 with 3 minutes to go or something.  Then a few minutes later, I look and see we lost.  I was like "OH WHAT THE F***!!  So anyway, I will not miss this one and hopefully we finally get them this year.  

Of course I'm glad to see the Steelers coming to Colorado this year.  No Ryan Clark to slow us down this time.  B|   Again, I will make the offer:  IF anyone makes it out to Denver, beers are on me. 

The Raiders game scares the hell out of me.  That truly is a Black Hole for the Steelers.  

Should be interesting to see if SD (Edit: LAC)  builds on that good season from last year or takes a step back.  Glad we've got them at home. 

Hopefully that last Bungle game is just another Landry Jones showcase.

If we can get the middle of our defense figured out, I think this schedule is favorable to us.  

all I want is a good draft and some UFA help and then play our best or near best. Let everything fall into place accordingly and I still don't expect the existing D to hold up vs the really good teams. Achieving would be appreciated or overachieving, but I can't recall the last time we achieved other than 2008.  2010 was close but we wasted the SB despite having 2 weeks to get ready for it.

18 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Interesting that 12-4 is the only vote getter. 

I voted 11-5.  It's one of the more difficult schedules, and while I didn't think Haley was a good OC, I think there will probably be growing pains in switching away from an OC they've had for 5 years.

the last half of the season looks tough. We don't know how all these teams are going to be, but we need to be healthy and play well from what I see of the schedule. I wouldn't say this is a guarantee into the playoffs like some years especially if the Browns played better than they did in the finale and if the bungles turn into bengalso.O

on paper most of these teams on this schedule can beat us tbh don't see any "locks" in the W column outside the brown games(WK 1 could be tricky tho)

I see 10-6 but things could go south with injuries and bad luck..so 8-8 is also possible

11 hours ago, Bobikus said:

I voted 11-5.  It's one of the more difficult schedules, and while I didn't think Haley was a good OC, I think there will probably be growing pains in switching away from an OC they've had for 5 years.

You're just a contrarian.  (kidding)

Good point on growing pains with the offense, even though the constant is there with Ben and Fichtner.  

I went with 11-5, but I can see 10-6 just as easily.  Steelers won 9 games by less than a TD last year and 5 by a FG or less.  While I was pleased that the Steelers won those games instead of losing them like past years, I think the overall 13-3 record was an illusion.

Bell is not coming to camp, the Steelers have a newish OC, and the D is suspect at best.

Week 1     Sep. 9     at Cleveland Browns         W
Week 2     Sep. 16     Kansas City Chiefs         W
Week 3     Sep. 24     at Tampa Bay Buccaneers     W
Week 4     Sep. 30     Baltimore Ravens             W
Week 5     Oct. 7     Atlanta Falcons             L
Week 6     Oct. 14     at Cincinnati Bengals         W
Week 7     Oct. 21     BYE         
Week 8     Oct. 28     Cleveland Browns             W
Week 9     Nov. 4     at Baltimore Ravens         L
Week 10     Nov. 8     Carolina Panthers (Thurs.)    W
Week 11     Nov. 18     at Jacksonville Jaguars     L
Week 12     Nov. 25     at Denver Broncos         W
Week 13     Dec. 2     Los Angeles Chargers         W
Week 14     Dec. 9     at Oakland Raiders         L
Week 15     Dec. 16     New England Patriots         W
Week 16     Dec. 23     at New Orleans Saints         L
Week 17     Dec. 30     Cincinnati Bengals         W

I think the Steelers can go 4-0 despite Bell coming in rusty, but they can lose one or two of those games.

I don't think Ben has ever beaten the Raiders in Oakland, Atlanta is going to smoke this D, they always seem to gack one away in Baltimore, JAX is in their heads, and the Saints on the road after NE? Yeah no.

You can flip a W/L here and there, but I just don't see less than 5 losses.

On 4/20/2018 at 12:08 PM, JLambert58 said:

I love that we are getting Mahomes early in the season before he can get his feet wet.  But there will be at least one game on tape to prepare the feast. 

Nice to see two revenge games against JAX and NE (at home again)  ---  Actually missed the NE game last year, I was at LEGO Land with my kids.  (saw most of the first half on a lunch break)  Late in the game, saw that we were ahead by 5 with 3 minutes to go or something.  Then a few minutes later, I look and see we lost.  I was like "OH WHAT THE F***!!  So anyway, I will not miss this one and hopefully we finally get them this year.  

Of course I'm glad to see the Steelers coming to Colorado this year.  No Ryan Clark to slow us down this time.  B|   Again, I will make the offer:  IF anyone makes it out to Denver, beers are on me. 

The Raiders game scares the hell out of me.  That truly is a Black Hole for the Steelers.  

Should be interesting to see if SD (Edit: LAC)  builds on that good season from last year or takes a step back.  Glad we've got them at home. 

Hopefully that last Bungle game is just another Landry Jones showcase.

If we can get the middle of our defense figured out, I think this schedule is favorable to us.  

Lego land over Steelers..you should be ashamed of yourself!! :P

8 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Haha.  You're a family man, you know the drill.  9_9   To be honest, I wasn't thinking about the game when we booked the trip.  Oops.  

Amen to that. We are going to Disney World in November, ill miss 2 games. But its worth it my kids are gonna have a blast. 

Archived