Eagles Release First Unofficial Depth Chart

nlesthought

Not really any surprises but I'll say some interesting notes:

- Ryan Mathews listed last for RBs - in case you weren't sure that he's getting cut.

- Marcus Johnson listed ahead of Shelton Gibson  - They listed 3 starting WR spots so Johnson is with the twos behind Alshon, Torrey and J Matt but right with Agholor, and Hollins

- Seumalo officially given the LG spot - Again, in case you were unsure before the Barbre trade.

- Dillon Gordon listed over Matt Tobin for back-up LT - Looks like Tobin is on his way out

- Starting CBs are Mills and Robinson with Douglas and Brooks listed as the 2s. (No slot/Nickel listed)

- Smallwood listed as the starting KR with Agholor as his back-up.

- Corey Graham listed over Jaylen Watkins

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Why isn't Nelson also doing punt returns? he is good at that as well. 

Based on what? He hasn't had a single punt return in the NFL, and as Maclin proved, doing it well in NCAA doesn't mean he'll do it well in NFL. His 18.4 yards per return on kickoffs doesn't exactly spell out return stud.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Based on what? He hasn't had a single punt return in the NFL, and as Maclin proved, doing it well in NCAA doesn't mean he'll do it well in NFL.

Based on college. Just saying it's weird they aren't trying him out at both. 

43 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think Byron Marshall should get a shot at returns. Wasn't he supposed to be one of the fastest dudes at Oregon before injuries?

No, he wasn't/isn't as fast as Barner, LaMichael James or Thomas Tyner.  He has a much thicker/bigger built and his stronger then those guys tho. 

3 hours ago, Phire said:

I'd like to see plenty of Marcus Johnson on Thursday.

I think we will. 

It sounds like all signs point to Jeffery sitting out and Johnson has pretty much always been the guy who fills in for him with the first unit in practice.

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This depth chart is meaningless. 

It's compiled by the PR staff.

That's why I originally put that post in the TC thread. Figured there's not a ton of weight to it yet. 

I don't want to see Agholor returning kicks though. Last year he was hesitant as H3ll. Only way Gibson makes this 53 is if he can. 

23 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Robinson listed as a starting CB is disgusting.

Cut that bum already.

He has to get cut, hes been awful in camp. I wonder if they just want to see how bad he will get abused so it will make it easier to get rid of him after just signing him. 

Archived