Small School Mock

Armsteeld2

RD1. Yale ILB Foye Oluokon 6'1 230 4.48: Modern day NFL Inside Linebacker who has blazing speed.  Explodes through the LOS to lay big hits.  Switched between Safety & LB.  Would be a perfect Dime/Moneybacker.

RD2. Jacksonville St OLB Darius Jackson  6'3 242 4.87: James Harrison-like.

RD3. CB Alabama CB Ronnie Scott 5'11 175 4.38: Small school Donte Jackson.  Cerebral and aggressive.  Solid tackler.

RD5. Virginia St RB/KR Trenton Cannon 5'10 185 4.40: STer and COP RB who returns kicks.

RD5. Jacksonville St ILB Joel McCandless 6'0 230 4.65: If he were at a power 5 school, he'd be a 2nd rounder.  Pure Mike.

RD7. Slippery Rock OLB Marcus Martin 6'1 250 4.69: 52 college sacks but NFL wants him to play FB.  Nah.  Situational passrusher.  ST maven.

RD7. Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta 6'3 215 4.81: Because I'm sleepy!!

I know you dont have him listed here but I just watched PJ Hall - DT -Sam Houston State play. He must be the definition of workout warrior in this class because he couldn't get off a block for anything. He was manhandled by just about everyone vs North Dakota State. He did make an impressive reaction interception at the line though. 

4 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I know you dont have him listed here but I just watched PJ Hall - DT -Sam Houston State play. He must be the definition of workout warrior in this class because he couldn't get off a block for anything. He was manhandled by just about everyone vs North Dakota State. He did make an impressive reaction interception at the line though. 

Thank you ??!! I’ve watched about 4 games and I’m left wondering how in the hell did he get those stats?  Like you said, he couldn’t get off blocks and didn’t have the lower leg strength to bull through.  Such a disappointment!  I was expecting something similar to what Javon Hargrave did while at South Carolina State. Yeah I’m not a fan of PJ.

Watched Foye Olukon last night vs Columbia. Id like to watch more on him but probably wont get the time before the draft. He is an interesting find, I guess his pro day was the alert that got everybody's attention.

From what I saw he'd have his struggles as a safety as anything deep he typically ended up trailing quite a bit. He does however cover and close very well in the 10 yard range which would suggest that he'd be good in that aspect as a LB. He primarily plays like a WLB or SS and is in slot coverage quite a bit, so getting a good read on how he will handle getting off blocks is the main thing Id need to see a lot more of. He does close well and is explosive as suggested by that 37" vert. Based off of what I saw his 40 time is probably more on the high side at the 4.56 range as its the explosion that keeps him close in short areas but he loses ground the longer the distance. It happened vs 3 different receivers vs Columbia. 

He has a bit of nastiness to him and is very competitive. 

6 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Watched Foye Olukon last night vs Columbia. Id like to watch more on him but probably wont get the time before the draft. He is an interesting find, I guess his pro day was the alert that got everybody's attention.

From what I saw he'd have his struggles as a safety as anything deep he typically ended up trailing quite a bit. He does however cover and close very well in the 10 yard range which would suggest that he'd be good in that aspect as a LB. He primarily plays like a WLB or SS and is in slot coverage quite a bit, so getting a good read on how he will handle getting off blocks is the main thing Id need to see a lot more of. He does close well and is explosive as suggested by that 37" vert. Based off of what I saw his 40 time is probably more on the high side at the 4.56 range as its the explosion that keeps him close in short areas but he loses ground the longer the distance. It happened vs 3 different receivers vs Columbia. 

He has a bit of nastiness to him and is very competitive. 

Agreed.

Archived