Schedule released

Beck Bristow

16 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’m surprised we didn’t get at least a Sunday night game. Not that I’m disappointed we didn’t get any prime time games besides Thursday night. Love them 1 PM games

That is great.  If we somehow end up being good this season, I could see the Chargers/Steelers games getting flexed tho.

Also we have the Raiders and Broncos flying to PBS to play Noon games.  I like this schedule, what don't you like @Beck Bristow just the travel and the beginning and end? Colts isn't really traveling...

True. Week one at a potentially Luckless Colts is not so bad, or a colts team that has luck for the first time in two years.  I really don't like the season ending on two road games. I expect to be in the playoff conversation at that point, so that is a tough way to end it.

34 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

True. Week one at a potentially Luckless Colts is not so bad, or a colts team that has luck for the first time in two years.  I really don't like the season ending on two road games. I expect to be in the playoff conversation at that point, so that is a tough way to end it.

One is against the Browns tho...

43 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Haven't you heard? Browns are way better than us. 

Regardless.  Browns, Colts, and Steelers "travel" is as limited travel as possible.  All in the same time zone (I believe) and what 4-6 hours by bus?  Playing in Pittsburgh will be tough, but if we're going to be a playoff team we need to be able to get a victory like that...

9 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Regardless.  Browns, Colts, and Steelers "travel" is as limited travel as possible.  All in the same time zone (I believe) and what 4-6 hours by bus?  Playing in Pittsburgh will be tough, but if we're going to be a playoff team we need to be able to get a victory like that...

SI did a study a long time ago that showed home field advantage was more about the refs and how they're influenced by the crowd than anything else.  The actual amount of travel didn't mean anything.

So for the Bengals, they'll be playing 16 road games this year anyway.  The schedule shouldn't affect that one bit.

21 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Cleveland has almost knocked them off in Pitt the last two years in week 17.  Assuming they are locked into the playoffs, we might best them.  Now if that game means something, things aren't looking anything more than bleak.

I actually like playing in Indy week 1. We rarely open at home for one reason.  The Reds are home that weekend.  And they are home that weekend a lot because of Riverfest the weekend before.  Indy is a 90 minute bus ride. Then there's Oktoberfest in late September.  The Bengals never have a home game that weekend.  So having three out of the first four on the road is sort of hard to complain about when those things are factored in.  I wish the Browns road game was esarlier, but if they continue to really struggle, I might make that trip this year.

Archived