2018 Dolphins Schedule, Season Predicition thread!

TheKillerNacho

2018 NFL Schedule!  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What record will the 2018 Miami Dolphins achieve this year?

2. 2. PLAYOFFS?

• Yes
    • Playoffs???! Don't be talking about playoffs! Playoffs?
  3. 3. Will another regime change happen at the end of this season?

NFL Schedule was released last night... Here's our schedule:

vs Titans, Sunday 1pm
@ NY Jets, Sunday 1pm
vs Oakland, Sunday 1pm
@ New England, Sunday 1pm

@ Cincinnati, Sunday 1pm
vs Chicago, Sunday 1pm
vs Detroit, Sunday 1pm
@ Houston, Thursday 8:20pm
vs NY Jets, Sunday 1pm
@ Green Bay, Sunday 1pm
BYE
@ Indianapolis, Sunday 1pm
vs Buffalo, Sunday 1pm
vs New England, Sunday 1pm
@ Minnesota, Sunday 1pm
vs Jacksonville, Sunday 1pm
@ Buffalo, Sunday 1pm

Interesting that we only have ONE primetime game, a TNF matchup, the others all being at 1pm. I don't mind this at all - we were routinely embarrassed last season in prime time! The last five games look brutal on paper - five games against 2017 playoff games (Bills twice, Patriots, Vikings, and Jaguars).

I know predictions are meaningless considering the draft hasn't even happened yet, but here's my pre-draft take:

vs Titans, Sunday 1pm W
@ NY Jets, Sunday 1pm L
vs Oakland, Sunday 1pm W
@ New England, Sunday 1pm L

@ Cincinnati, Sunday 1pm L
vs Chicago, Sunday 1pm W
vs Detroit, Sunday 1pm L
@ Houston, Thursday 8:20pm L
vs NY Jets, Sunday 1pm W
@ Green Bay, Sunday 1pm L
BYE
@ Indianapolis, Sunday 1pm W
vs Buffalo, Sunday 1pm L
vs New England, Sunday 1pm W
@ Minnesota, Sunday 1pm L
vs Jacksonville, Sunday 1pm L
@ Buffalo, Sunday 1pm W

Another completely average 7-9 season, woooo! Hope I'm wrong. :P

I’m going in at 9-7.  I’m basing this off of Tannehill returning to his 2016 form.........in truth I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s even better than his 2016 form provided we can get him a TE that can get open and hold onto the ball.  I know we lost an awesome receiver in Jarvis Landry, and Tannehills favorite target, but IMO Landry takes away some TE production based on the routes he excels at.

I think our OLine is better on paper and I expect to see us much improved in the run game as long as we can stay healthy up front.

i still have some questions on the back end of our Defense and on the SOLB spot, but I expect to see an improved pass rush with Harris second year and the addition of Quinn. 

On 4/20/2018 at 7:59 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

vs Titans, Sunday 1pm W
@ NY Jets, Sunday 1pm W
vs Oakland, Sunday 1pm W

@ Cincinnati, Sunday 1pm L
vs Chicago, Sunday 1pm L
vs Detroit, Sunday 1pm W
@ Houston, Thursday 8:20pm L
vs NY Jets, Sunday 1pm W
@ Green Bay, Sunday 1pm L
BYE
@ Indianapolis, Sunday 1pm L
vs Buffalo, Sunday 1pm L
vs New England, Sunday 1pm L
@ Minnesota, Sunday 1pm L
vs Jacksonville, Sunday 1pm L
@ Buffalo, Sunday 1pm W

Outsider perspective.

The Dolphins don't really seem like a very talented team to me but their first few games are favorable and maybe they can carry that momentum forward. Maybe the cards don't fall as I've predicted them, but on paper this team strikes me as a 6-10 team. No hate, only love. But I call it as I see it.

• 1 month later...

Rival perspective

vs Titans, Sunday 1pm W
@ NY Jets, Sunday 1pm L
vs Oakland, Sunday 1pm W
@ New England, Sunday 1pm L

@ Cincinnati, Sunday 1pm W
vs Chicago, Sunday 1pm W
vs Detroit, Sunday 1pm L
@ Houston, Thursday 8:20pm L
vs NY Jets, Sunday 1pm W
@ Green Bay, Sunday 1pm L
BYE
@ Indianapolis, Sunday 1pm W
vs Buffalo, Sunday 1pm W
vs New England, Sunday 1pm W
@ Minnesota, Sunday 1pm L
vs Jacksonville, Sunday 1pm L
@ Buffalo, Sunday 1pm L

8-8. In the hunt. 

The Chicago and Indy games are  the only games I can say at this time Miami should win...……………………….2-0

.500 in the division...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..3-3

Rest of the home games > Titans ,Oakland, Detroit, Jacksonville...…………………………………………………………………….2-2

Rest of the away games > Cincy, Houston, Green Bay, Minnesota...…………………………………………………………………..2-2

9-7 is about the best I see them being this year if Tannehill stays healthy the whole season.

• 2 months later...

Time to make some predictions. The offseason is over, the meaningful part of the preseason is past. The bottom of the roster might get mixed up after final cutdowns but we basically know what the team will look like.

vs Titans, Sunday 1pm W
@ NY Jets, Sunday 1pm W
vs Oakland, Sunday 1pm W
@ Cincinnati, Sunday 1pm W
vs Chicago, Sunday 1pm L
vs Detroit, Sunday 1pm W
@ Houston, Thursday 8:20pm L
vs NY Jets, Sunday 1pm L
@ Green Bay, Sunday 1pm W
BYE
@ Indianapolis, Sunday 1pm W
vs Buffalo, Sunday 1pm W
vs New England, Sunday 1pm W
@ Minnesota, Sunday 1pm L
vs Jacksonville, Sunday 1pm L
@ Buffalo, Sunday 1pm W

10-6.

Pats: 9-7
Jets: 5-11
Bills: 2-14

I voted 10-6, and I am sticking by it. Our WR core is legit. Our O-line is much better than I though they would be, we will see if they can handle heavy pressure, but both Drake and Gore are good in pass protection, so Gase has room to scheme there. Gesicki is much better than we thought he would be. On defense, we have allot of speed. Baker is going to have to learn to play beyond his size, but it can be done. We should be in every game this season. The only thing that can derail our season is if Tannehill goes down, but almost every NFL team is in the same position.

8 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

On June 3rd I felt 9-7 would be tops and I am still thinking that but, 8-8 is  more realistic. I like this team better than last years and I like the schedule better ( dates and times ) than last years.

I'm not so sure about that - we lost a lot of talent between last season and this. Of course, Tannehill is definitely better than Cutler so we have that working for us. But I think the loss of Suh will hurt us a lot. Not having a security blanket like Jarvis Landry will also hurt.

Suh is the only move I have any question about and that will have to be seen as the season progresses and the biggest effect I feel will be in the run defense. Miami has plenty of guys to get after the passer but can they stop the run between the tackles now.   I think losing Landry will be a non factor as long as the tight end position becomes relevant this season and with the edition of Amendola and Wilson these guys will produce more YAC, and less personal fouls on big plays then Landry ever did. I am concerned that Parker is again proving to be Parker, a non reliable big play big game receiver. A solid big play, big receiver has got to be a draft/free agent priority next season.

My thinking is that if this years opening day team could play last years opening day team I think this years team would win and that is why I base my thoughts that this team is better then last years. I am talking about Miami though and after being a fan for 40 plus years I am used to them disappointing more often then surprising me the last 15 years.

Stop the run, commit less penalties, convert 3rd downs, and score in the red zone. If we can do these 4 things a bit better, this is a team that will compete for a playoff spot in December. If these same issues last all year, it's at worst 6-10. There's a lot of youth and question marks. It screams a 7-9 or 8-8 season. This team is a total wildcard. 

Archived