Texans @ Panthers

amazingandre

I'm interested to see RB D'Onta Foreman get some carries. An inside presence in the run game would do wonders for this offense.

I'm of the belief that Foreman takes the starter role this time next season.

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

All take from camp, be it coaches or players, sounds like Savage is the guy. But we've heard that before, QBs anointed in TC only to be usurped in the RS. 

I think if Savage plays average or below average, then it will open the door for Watson. The only way to shut the door the rest of TC is for Savage to go out there and play great. I have to imagine OB will want to give Watson more reps with the 1s if Savage doesn't look good. So the pressure is on Savage tonight IMO

Did a ton of work on Watson this past off-season, I thought he looked really good for ya'll tonight. I was a bit surprised to see him rip it 66 yards in the air, bigger arm than I anticipated seeing him in college. I thought he was collected in the pocket, had a great internal clock and took off for positive yardage a couple of times, one for a TD. Seemed accurate for the most part save for two throws. Arrow's pointing up!

So glad to finally be able to post. I think the most pressing problem from last night was the OL. We need Duane to come back since Clark/Lamm d not look like good options. While the Panther's 1st D was on the field, Savage had little time and our offense had no chance. Watson looked dynamic but his awareness and reading through progressions needs work as would be expected of a rookie. The 1st team defense was weird as I sincerely hope that in a regular season game Mercilus does not drop back to cover as much as he did last night.

Archived