Ravens sign Willie Snead to offer sheet, Saints don't match offer.

49erurtaza

Ravens fans, know what you may be getting before you get too excited.

In 2015, Willie Snead had 69 catches for 984 yards and 3 TDs over 15 games.
in 2016, he had 72catches for 895 yards and 4 TDs over 15 games.
In 2017 he had 8 catches for 92 yards, 0 TDs over 11 games. 16 targets on the year. At least a couple drops in there too.

He was suspended to start the season after a DUI. 2016 and 2015 he showed very clean route running, great hands, and good separation. Coming back from the suspension, he showed none of his game skills. Couldn't get separation, dropped catches, and flat out disappeared for most of the year. I liked him a lot, but last season he fell hard. I don't think he is worth what the Ravens are offering, and I certainly hope the Saints don't match for that price. But I do hope he bounces back with you guys. He seemed like a good dude. Maybe a change of scenery will help him out.

11 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Ravens fans, know what you may be getting before you get too excited.

In 2015, Willie Snead had 69 catches for 984 yards and 3 TDs over 15 games.
in 2016, he had 72catches for 895 yards and 4 TDs over 15 games.
In 2017 he had 8 catches for 92 yards, 0 TDs over 11 games. 16 targets on the year. At least a couple drops in there too.

He was suspended to start the season after a DUI. 2016 and 2015 he showed very clean route running, great hands, and good separation. Coming back from the suspension, he showed none of his game skills. Couldn't get separation, dropped catches, and flat out disappeared for most of the year. I liked him a lot, but last season he fell hard. I don't think he is worth what the Ravens are offering, and I certainly hope the Saints don't match for that price. But I do hope he bounces back with you guys. He seemed like a good dude. Maybe a change of scenery will help him out.

Buddy, I understand the concern, but take a look at our WR group (sans our signings this year). 

Plus 2yrs 7mil base is a solid deal.

4 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Buddy, I understand the concern, but take a look at our WR group (sans our signings this year). 

Plus 2yrs 7mil base is a solid deal.

I just looked at your roster, and I don't recognize a single name past Crabtree xD Yeah, I guess Snead looks pretty solid in that company

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Is it passable though?

It seems like a typical Ravens' group. Names that people know because they were effective at one point, but the teams they flashed with have all passed on them. The Saints went after Meredith because they obviously preffered him to Snead. The approach is just dumpster diving.

You could apply this to any FA signing though. By virtue of being available, every FA’s team passed on them. That is unless you’re paying at the very top of the market. 

Hard to call these signings “dumpster diving” IMO. 

9 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

You could apply this to any FA signing though. By virtue of being available, every FA’s team passed on them. That is unless you’re paying at the very top of the market. 

Hard to call these signings “dumpster diving” IMO. 

exactly, signing Maclin late in the offseason last year was dumspter diving IMO. These signings this year are all low risk high reward signings. I still think they will go WR in round 1 or 2 as well in the draft.

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Is it passable though?

It seems like a typical Ravens' group. Names that people know because they were effective at one point, but the teams they flashed with have all passed on them. The Saints went after Meredith because they obviously preffered him to Snead. The approach is just dumpster diving.

It would be if Perriman develops into something. They could run 4 wide with those 4 and kill zones and 2 highs.

33 minutes ago, paraven said:

exactly, signing Maclin late in the offseason last year was dumspter diving IMO. These signings this year are all low risk high reward signings. I still think they will go WR in round 1 or 2 as well in the draft.

Round two if Lamar Jackson is there for them in the first.

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

I don't disagree with any of this. My point is that we are filling almost the whole position group with this approach. I'm suggesting we leave more slots open for draft picks which will have the potential to be guys that teams don't view as expendable.

An approach I would have preferred would have been to give Allen Robinson $14M per (or heck $16M) and having two more rookies, instead of $7M+5+5 for Crabtree, Brown, and Snead. 

It's not about the values of the signings themselves. We hit more than we miss with these. More have been on the Wallace, Boldin, Steve Smith, Mason side than the Maclin, Evans side. It's the quantity that bothers me. I feel like we should be adding multiple rookies at that position this year. But, these 3 are likely locks to make the roster, Perriman and Moore most likely will, and Tim White is going to be in the mix. I think we end up with only one rookie WR in the 53.

Archived