Ravens sign Willie Snead to offer sheet, Saints don't match offer.

49erurtaza

22 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Is it passable though?

It seems like a typical Ravens' group. Names that people know because they were effective at one point, but the teams they flashed with have all passed on them. The Saints went after Meredith because they obviously preffered him to Snead. The approach is just dumpster diving.

Well Crab is still very good to be fair, but that team NEEDS to draft a WR who can make an early impact and has high potential

Snead’s a great example of how to NOT take advantage of an opportunity. It’s one you can actually teach to your kids. Snead was solid as a #3 his first two years for the Saints...and with the departure of Cooks he likely assumed he’d be a lock as the Saints #2. All they had don’t over the offseason was bring in Ted Ginn. 

So he proceeds to get out of shape over the offseason, and gets suspended. Even at training camp before his injury he wasn’t the same guy he was the previous two seasons...and I’m not a person who believes injuries are flukes. Some are, yes...but they also occur when you aren’t training. The Saints needed Snead last year and the guy went AWOL. There is zero chance the Saints match. Maybe Snead turns his life around...but the upside is pretty low...so I’d be hard press to assume he will be anything more than a #4. 

I honestly think the Ravens are lining themselves up to address their Secondary or Offensive Line.  The secondary is 'okay' it's not terrible but it's also not exactly booming.  That's not a knock against Weddle or any individual player, it could simply be improved greatly.   Additionally I think their Oline has to improve.  However, I'm also curious if they're going to be one of the teams to draft a RB in the first round.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I honestly think the Ravens are lining themselves up to address their Secondary or Offensive Line.  The secondary is 'okay' it's not terrible but it's also not exactly booming.  That's not a knock against Weddle or any individual player, it could simply be improved greatly.   Additionally I think their Oline has to improve.  However, I'm also curious if they're going to be one of the teams to draft a RB in the first round.

Given Alex Collins is cheap for 2 more years Ozzie would be nuts to spend a 1st on RB.   Day 2-3 is never a bad idea but Day 1 would be such a waste esp given the depth of the Day 2 tier.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Given Alex Collins is cheap for 2 more years Ozzie would be nuts to spend a 1st on RB.   Day 2-3 is never a bad idea but Day 1 would be such a waste esp given the depth of the Day 2 tier.  

Perhaps but when your biggest competition inside of the division is Le'Veon Bell at the position are you really that nuts to go round 1. The Baltimore Ravens are going down in the elevator right now not up. Right now they might very well be close to the 4th worst team in the division on paper

43 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Perhaps but when your biggest competition inside of the division is Le'Veon Bell at the position are you really that nuts to go round 1. The Baltimore Ravens are going down in the elevator right now not up. Right now they might very well be close to the 4th worst team in the division on paper

That’s also the reason to not take RB if it’s not a special talent.   Barkley is the only guy IMO in that cat this year.  I wouldn’t have drafted any RB last year Rd1 TBH so I’m admittedly a RB nihilist for Rd1.   

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

9 wins +92 PD... 0 wins -176 PD... yea, very close....

The wide receiver group still needs way way way more help then the secondary. The secondary is more than fine. We just got a hit at CB in round 1 along with young guys like Tavon Young and Canady and Jimmy is going to lock down one side of the field until he gets hurt and Carr comes in to replace him. Weddle and Jefferson are locked in starters at secondary.  We could use a heir to Weddle but secondary is basically the bottom of our positional groups in terms of need along with D-line.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Is Ray Rice with them in this elevator you speak of?

11 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

9 wins +92 PD... 0 wins -176 PD... yea, very close....

The wide receiver group still needs way way way more help then the secondary. The secondary is more than fine. We just got a hit at CB in round 1 along with young guys like Tavon Young and Canady and Jimmy is going to lock down one side of the field until he gets hurt and Carr comes in to replace him. Weddle and Jefferson are locked in starters at secondary.  We could use a heir to Weddle but secondary is basically the bottom of our positional groups in terms of need along with D-line.

I said on paper, as in roster look, not in reality. In reality cincy and cleveland is still worse.

Archived