Team Schedules AND Win/Loss Predictions

stl4life07

For me, the Rams schedule is obviously tough. I dont like the fact that they have two separate three game road stretches. Technically the Mexico is a home game but we all know its not so thats why I said its part of another three game road stretch. The plus side though is the Rams start the season off with three of the first four games at home. Three straight home games. Anyone who is curious to see how the Rams will fair with the new guys, well they have three straight home games to try to get off to a fast start which will help most people theory of "the Rams better get off to a fast start or those big personalities in the locker room will become a problem. Also the fact that the Rams dont leave the West Coast until Week 9 when they travel to New Orleans is a plus. I like the fact that the Rams play the Vikings, Chargers, Packers, and Eagles all at home. Those are the majority of the Rams toughest opponents so its good to have them come to the Colusiem as oppose to the Rams going to their stadium.

My prediction hasnt changed. I think the Rams will win 12 games. Again they do have a tough road stretch because of those two separate three game road trips but the Rams showed last year that they were especially great on the road going (7-1) and that doesnt include the win in London which makes them having eight wins away from the Colusiem. The only lost was to the Vikings. I am also pumped the Rams have five prime time games which is most in franchise history. The game I am looking forward to is Week 15 at home against the Eagles which is the game of the year already. It takes place in Week 15 is one week later from last year Week 14 where the Rams and the Eagles had an epic game in LA, unfortunately Wentz got hurt. Hopefully Goff v Wentz II in the same place will yield different results in Wentz not getting hurt AND the Rams win the game. Plus that game should have 1st or at least 2nd seed in the NFC ramifications on the line. Then everything can start lining up for Goff v Wentz III in the NFCCG.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

What are your thoughts about how their schedule laid out? What game(s) are you looking forward to the most?

Looking forward to? Every one against NFC playoff caliber teams.

If you want to know what games I have us losing? @Rams, @Jags (London), vs Cowboys, @Giants, @Saints

Most teams in the NFC have a touch schedule this season, in particular last years division winners have brutal schedules.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Looking forward to? Every one against NFC playoff caliber teams.

If you want to know what games I have us losing? @Rams, @Jags (London), vs Cowboys, @Giants, @Saints

Most teams in the NFC have a touch schedule this season, in particular last years division winners have brutal schedules.

Yeah I agree with that. After seeing the Rams schedule laid out I was tempted to say (11-5) for them too but I’m sticking with my first mind of (12-4). 

I do think it’s going to be harder for the Eagles just because they have that target on their backs from being the Superbowl champs. Wentz health to start the season to me is a question not to mention so is Jeffery. I do think for a team like the Eagles it’s not how you start it’s how you finish so (11-5) I could totally see that with the Eagles playing their best football late in the season as opposed to early.

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah I agree with that. After seeing the Rams schedule laid out I was tempted to say (11-5) for them too but I’m sticking with my first mind of (12-4). 

I do think it’s going to be harder for the Eagles just because they have that target on their backs from being the Superbowl champs. Wentz health to start the season to me is a question not to mention so is Jeffery. I do think for a team like the Eagles it’s not how you start it’s how you finish so (11-5) I could totally see that with the Eagles playing their best football late in the season as opposed to early.

Thing is, our first four games are our easiest stretch.

vs Falcons
@ Bucs
vs Colts
@ Titans

Despite all that I could easily still us walking out of that unscathed. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Thing is, our first four games are our easiest stretch.

vs Falcons
@ Bucs
vs Colts
@ Titans

Despite all that I could easily still us walking out of that unscathed. 

Oh I know. My thing is what if its Foles and no Jeffery that has to start the season? Possibly (2-2)?? Last season nobody saw the Patriots starting (2-2) and starting (0-2) at home. Plus one of their wins was a 3pt win against the Texans in which they trailed and Brady had to bring them back late. But I do get what you are saying. I dont think the Eagles go (4-0) in that stretch but they could go (3-1).

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Oh I know. My thing is what if its Foles and no Jeffery that has to start the season? Possibly (2-2)?? Last season nobody saw the Patriots starting (2-2) and starting (0-2) at home. Plus one of their wins was a 3pt win against the Texans in which they trailed and Brady had to bring them back late. But I do get what you are saying. I dont think the Eagles go (4-0) in that stretch but they could go (3-1).

We did upgrade across from Jeffery going from Torrey Smith to Mike Wallace. We still have Ertz, Agholor, Ajayi, Clement, and even Richard Rodgers now who ain't a slouch. 

You could say that they won't go 4-0 in that stretch, but you also have to consider they're likely to win a game here or there that you don't expect them to win either. It goes both ways. Either way, with the schedule we have, my official guess is 11 wins, no matter where or when they come.

27 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Really hard to do before the draft.  If we fix our glaring holes (running the ball and defending the run), I expect us to finish with a much better record than if we don't.

I see what you are doing. Waiting to see if the Redskins get Dez huh? :)

I hear he is still on the market and would like to stay in the NFC East to see the Cowboys twice.

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

I see what you are doing. Waiting to see if the Redskins get Dez huh? :)

I hear he is still on the market and would like to stay in the NFC East to see the Cowboys twice.

Lol, no.  I would hate it if we signed Dez. 

We need to fix our run defense.  Either we need to sign Hankins or draft Vea.  Jonathan Allen playing a full season would be a big help too.

The Redskins defense ranked 11th overall in DVOA last year, even with the 29th ranked run defense.  If we ignore fixing that issue in order to sign Dez or some other flashy signing, I will probably sit this season out.

Archived