Team Schedules AND Win/Loss Predictions

stl4life07

2 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Lol, no.  I would hate it if we signed Dez. 

We need to fix our run defense.  Either we need to sign Hankins or draft Vea.  Jonathan Allen playing a full season would be a big help too.

The Redskins defense ranked 11th overall in DVOA last year, even with the 29th ranked run defense.  If we ignore fixing that issue in order to sign Dez or some other flashy signing, I will probably sit this season out.

I hear you. Yeah I never considered Dez to the Redskins. As soon as he said he wanted to stay in the NFC East I thought the Giants. Really he should be smart and go to the Packers or Colts.

I really like Vea and think he would be great for the Redskins. He should be there too if the Redskins choose to go that route.

If Watson and Watt can play a full 16 at a high level, I see 11-5. Maybe even 12-4.

It's a big if, but I've got a good feeling on those two, plus the additions we made. With RAC calling the defense and Watson/Hopkins/Fuller in the passing game (along with Dez, perhaps?) both sides of the ball could be very good.

On 4/20/2018 at 2:41 PM, Trentwannabe said:

6-10.

If whatever QB they get can be just as good as Tyrod was last year I'll say another 9-7 season. But I doubt it.

Good about the schedule:  No Thursday night games and fairly light travel schedule.

Bad about the schedule:  Not a fun start to the season.  Play the team you jumped over for the last playoff spot on the road, then the team that dropped 54 points on you last year, then Vikings and Packers on the road.  

Odd about the schedule:  First divisional game isn't until week 8 and 5/7 final games are divisional games.  I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing.  It didn't seem to hurt the Patriots last season that had a similar schedule.  

Overall though the Bills less talent than last year and it was a bit flukish to go 9-7 (not getting much points and giving up a lot).  I agree 6-10 sounds about right.  

Looking at the Patriots' schedule:

Week 1 vs. Texans: Win (1-0) - I expect Belichick and Brady to start the year on fire and win in a close game, maybe around last year's 33-30 game.

Week 2 @ Jaguars: Loss (1-1) - The Patriots usually lose an early game and this could be the one. The Jags will pour their heart and soul into revenge. My pick RIGHT NOW is 27-20.

Week 3 @ Lions: Win (2-1) - I don't expect Matt Patricia to beat Bill Belichick.

Week 4 vs. Dolphins: Win (3-1) - I think Miami is in for a rough season.

Week 5 vs. Colts: Win (4-1) - Andrew Luck has never played a good game against New England, and I don't expect that to stop with him coming back from a year off.

Week 6 vs. Chiefs: Win (5-1) - Belichick's team continues to stomp first-year-starting quarterbacks. I'd expect a 30-24 game or so at this point, but things will change.

Week 7 @ Bears: Win (6-1) - Maybe a trap game but I doubt it.

Week 8 @ Bills: Win (7-1) - Right now the Bills have nothing at QB.

Week 9 vs Packers: Win (8-1) - Without a true No. 1 receiver I don't know how much the Pack could do.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Week 10 @ Titans: Loss (8-2) - The Titans' offense could give the Patriots trouble. The run defense isn't great, Corey Davis could be a solid No. 1, and Mariota is a mobile QB. Also nearing the home stretch towards the bye.

Week 12 @ Jets: Loss (8-3) - The Jets added a lot of pieces and Teddy Bridgewater is better than people give him credit for. Trap game!

Week 13 vs. Vikings: Win (9-3) - Three losses in a row just won't happen, and I think the Patriots could mow down Cousins & co.

Week 14 @ Dolphins: Loss (9-4) - 3 out of 4 losses would be a shock but it's in Miami...

Week 15 @ Pittsburgh: Win (10-4) - I see them probably pulling this one out again, especially with no Ryan Shazier manning the middle to beat the Pats' pass-catching backs and Gronk.

Week 16 vs. Bills: Win (11-4) - I doubt they lose to Buffalo.

Week 17 vs. Jets: Win (12-4) - End last season just like they did this one.

Final Prediction: 12-4. Seems like the Patriots' record most years.

My current AFC Championship pick is Houston-New England but I don't know how I feel that game would go down.

5 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

Patriots start 0-2? Baltimore over Pittsburgh? Tennessee at 4-12 and 0-6 in the division?? Giants 3-13? I know Eli's not great but with Odell back and all I think 3-13 is a little low. Carolina 7-9? I doubt any of those really happen, maybe one. Other than that, pretty decent but I'd think differently about the winners of your playoff games (ex. I'd pick NO over MIN). 

6 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

So you have the Eagles losing to basically every good team we face?

Loss against the Vikings

Loss against the Jaguars

Loss against the Saints

Loss against the Rams (then another loss against them in the playoffs)

giphy.gif

Archived