QB at 1 AND 4...Ha ha ha ha...No, Seriously

JoshBooty

1 hour ago, JoshBooty said:

Thanks all for the lack of constructive feedback.  I'm able to gather this is a bad idea because it may affect their confidence, and we should trust our scouting.  

I look forward to us limiting our lottery ticket (last decade, around 36% of first rounders were successful) and cling to the belief that our scouts should 100% be able to identify the best pick, rather than use our picks to better our odds of striking gold.

You are about to walk off a cliff while texting in 3....2..................

One of my concerns is that going into next off season we will have 3 legit franchise tag options. 

1. Tyrod if he plays very well. 

2. JG if he plays equal to his talent. 

3. Though least valuable of the lot, Duke's tag number would be the lowest and he is a genuinely great football player. 

I hope we extent Duke. 

Another option is to extend JG on  short term contract 2 years 24 million which bumps his pay this year and we get a reasonable feal for 2019. 

By then we will know if we want Landry or JG to stick around. 

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

One of my concerns is that going into next off season we will have 3 legit franchise tag options. 

1. Tyrod if he plays very well. 

2. JG if he plays equal to his talent. 

3. Though least valuable of the lot, Duke's tag number would be the lowest and he is a genuinely great football player. 

I hope we extent Duke. 

Another option is to extend JG on  short term contract 2 years 24 million which bumps his pay this year and we get a reasonable feal for 2019. 

By then we will know if we want Landry or JG to stick around. 

Tyrod won’t be a Brown in 2019

Duke isn’t important enough to get the franchise tag

39 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

But remember Tyrod was our most important offseason acquisition for only a measly pick 65 in a deep draft?...

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Franchise tag on a running back will be exceptionally reasonable like 6-7 million per season unless someone gets a big extension between now and tagging time. 

Otherwise id agree. I think we would of been better off using the tag more. Pryor is one example and on Mack instead of the transition tag.

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Franchise tag on a running back will be exceptionally reasonable like 6-7 million per season unless someone gets a big extension between now and tagging time. 

Otherwise id agree. I think we would of been better off using the tag more. Pryor is one example and on Mack instead of the transition tag.

Only 6-7m? That changes it somewhat if that’s the case as I thought the tag for backs was around 12m.

4 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Only 6-7m? That changes it somewhat if that’s the case as I thought the tag for backs was around 12m.

ill do some math. 

cap hit of a one year franchise tag would be 7.1 this year. Obviously more next. 

21 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

ill do some math. 

cap hit of a one year franchise tag would be 7.1 this year. Obviously more next. 

12 ish was last year and likely about that this year.

Bell will be due 14.5 for 2018

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/231112/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-nfls-2018-franchise-tag

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/231112/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-nfls-2018-franchise-tag

Weird i got the number way lower.

It is meant to be the average of the top 5 at the position. My own calc got it to 8 million. (7.1 being the average x805 which was an error in my calc).

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bells number might have been 125% higher than his previous year. Rather than the average of the top 5.

The ERFT is 125% of you last year or the average of the top 5 players at the position.

Dukes won't be 125% it will be the average of the top 5. 

Bell 14
freeman 8.25
shady 8
mcKinnon 7.5
Leo F      6.7

the average is 8.89 x 1 million.

ESPN got it wrong. 

So we are worried about which player we would franchise??  Seems like a weird new GOOD problem.  It means guys did well this year.

However, seems incredibly unlikely.  We should be able to extend Duke pretty easily (unless he is a total bonehead like Leveon Bell is). 

I see almost no way we would need to franchise Taylor.  For one, he likely would not be valuable enough to even have to franchise him.  Two, we probably wont even care if we have him past this season (although I would like to extend him an extra year for like 15 million right now if he would take it, which he probably would).

Gordon?  Wouldnt need to franchise him cause NOBODY is gonna sign him to a big deal, and we could easily outbid people to keep him.  

Archived