Le'Veon Bell Draft Day Trade scenarios...make your proposal

JustPlainNasty

Im never quite sure on current player values but recently the Rams gave New England their 23rd overall pick their 6th round #198 for Brandin Cooks & New Englands 4th round #136 who was also in a negotiating phase of his contract and not signed long term. 

Propose a trade involving Bell with Indianapolis or Tampa, as Minkah Fitzpatrick is still on the board. Tampa has Peyton Barber and nothing else really in their RB stable, they do have some cap constraints in that they only have about 10 mil available. Indy on the other hand has a ton of money available but seems to need a lot more than just a RB, but having him with a healthy Luck could change the landscape a good bit there in the South. 

In your trade offer a solution as well for replacing Bell. 

Bell to Indy for their 2nds would be ideal...

Draft best available RB-ILB-S-other position(no specific order) with their 1st and 3 2nds...

Something like  Malik Jefferson/Jessie Bates/Guice/Anthony Miller???

Use cap room from Bell for Boswell extension and more cap space rollover for next year.

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Bell to Indy for their 2nds would be ideal...

Draft best available RB-ILB-S-other position(no specific order) with their 1st and 3 2nds...

Use cap room from Bell for Boswell extension and more cap space rollover for next year.

You dont think we could get a top 10 pick somehow to grab Fitzpatrick? (who is the only player Id want to move up in this draft for)

1 minute ago, JustPlainNasty said:

You dont think we could get a top 10 pick somehow to grab Fitzpatrick? (who is the only player Id want to move up in this draft for)

Doubtful cause of the monster deal Bells going to have to sign after being traded...agreed on the Fitzpatrick statement.

Plus not much we could add to a deal save for draft picks...unless they wanted Bryant since they don’t have much at WR after TY...but how much does he sweeten deal with him being last year of deal?

2 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Ok , how bout we send Bell and Bryant , hell Id even throw in Artie Burns, Coty Sensabaugh and Dan McCullers . for their 1st and a 2nd. 

JPN, 

how can we refer you to the FO for colbert's jobxD I suppose you are tired of Bell after what has occurred in recent years too. 

Who do you take with the colts 1st and 2nd? 

Ship off Burns and sign Grimes UFA?  wait, he signed with he bucs for 1 year >:( 

2 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Ok , how bout we send Bell and Bryant , hell Id even throw in Artie Burns, Coty Sensabaugh and Dan McCullers . for their 1st and a 2nd. 

1) Too soon to give up Burns

2) With trading Burns and Bryant, you create 2 holes on roster which more than likely have to be filled with those 2 picks...hell even trading McCullers forces the Steelers to use a mid or late rd pick on a NT.

I'm going to throw one out there:

Tampa is dying for an elite running back and maybe some OL help.  So I would call them first and go with -

Le'Veon Bell, Ramon Foster, 1-28 for 1-7, 4-102, Noah Spence, 2018 4th, 3rd, or 2nd conditional (yards and contract)

So with this one Tampa fortified their OL, get's the RB they covet to add to the offense (not player but elite RB status), and don't lose the 1st to add to their defense.  We get a young pass rusher who has been rotational, a top 10 pick to get a stub player, and in 2018 the pick - 4th if less than 1200 yards and no contract; 3rd if he hits 1200 yards or gets a new contract; 2nd if he gets 1200 yards and a new contract.

In my mock of this, we take Tremain Edmunds in the 1st at 7, Arden Key in the 2nd, Dante Pettis in the 3rd, Poona Ford in the 4th.

My next -

Indianapolis Colts: Le'Veon Bell, Ramon Foster, 2-60 for 1-6, 2-37, 2019 4th

For the Colts, they get to add to their line, add an elite offensive talent, and get a 2nd.  Bell essentially is their 1st round pick.

For us: We jump to 6.  Moving from 2-60 to 2-37 and the 1st is the price for Bell in this trade.  The 2018 4th is the price for Foster.  Now I'm going to compound this one with another trade: We send 1-6, 2019 2nd, 2019 5th to the Browns for Pick #4.

In my mock of this trade, we take Bradley Chubb at #4, Rashaan Evans at #28, Ronald Jones at 2-37, Terrell Edmunds  at 3-92.

My last call -

Green Bay Packers: Le'Veon Bell, Bud Dupree, 2-60 for Clay Matthews, 1-14, 4-101

For the Packers they get the elite running back to take pressure off of ARod, a pass rusher/LBer to replace Clay, and a 2nd there to add for losing Clay.

For us, we add a 1st, we get a help now pass rusher/OLB, and we recoup a 4th for Dupree.

My mock in this scenario: 1-14 we take Vita Vea, at 1-28 we take Derrius Guice, our next pick isn't until 3-92 Gernard Avery (LB Memphis), and at 4-101 Duke Ejiofor as a developmental OLB behind Matthews.

Reason I go in that order is I think Tampa might be the most desperate to make a move like this.  The Colts one....I think they want more immediate help and they know that they need more than just one or two guys though, so overall they don't want to lose out on too much.  This one also gives us the ability to move up a tad bit more and get 2 potentially elite defenders in the 1st round, and a Bell replacement in the 2nd.  The last one is an absolute pipe dream, but I think you can talk Green Bay into the fact that Clay hasn't been himseld for swapping Clay and 14 for Bell and 60 actually helps them more since defensive talent in the 2nd round is there, and they get the younger player out of Bell.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I'm going to throw one out there:

Tampa is dying for an elite running back and maybe some OL help.  So I would call them first and go with -

Le'Veon Bell, Ramon Foster, 1-28 for 1-7, 4-102, Noah Spence, 2018 4th, 3rd, or 2nd conditional (yards and contract)

So with this one Tampa fortified their OL, get's the RB they covet to add to the offense (not player but elite RB status), and don't lose the 1st to add to their defense.  We get a young pass rusher who has been rotational, a top 10 pick to get a stub player, and in 2018 the pick - 4th if less than 1200 yards and no contract; 3rd if he hits 1200 yards or gets a new contract; 2nd if he gets 1200 yards and a new contract.

In my mock of this, we take Tremain Edmunds in the 1st at 7, Arden Key in the 2nd, Dante Pettis in the 3rd, Poona Ford in the 4th.

My next -

Indianapolis Colts: Le'Veon Bell, Ramon Foster, 2-60 for 1-6, 2-37, 2019 4th

For the Colts, they get to add to their line, add an elite offensive talent, and get a 2nd.  Bell essentially is their 1st round pick.

For us: We jump to 6.  Moving from 2-60 to 2-37 and the 1st is the price for Bell in this trade.  The 2018 4th is the price for Foster.  Now I'm going to compound this one with another trade: We send 1-6, 2019 2nd, 2019 5th to the Browns for Pick #4.

In my mock of this trade, we take Bradley Chubb at #4, Rashaan Evans at #28, Ronald Jones at 2-37, Terrell Edmunds  at 3-92.

My last call -

Green Bay Packers: Le'Veon Bell, Bud Dupree, 2-60 for Clay Matthews, 1-14, 4-101

For the Packers they get the elite running back to take pressure off of ARod, a pass rusher/LBer to replace Clay, and a 2nd there to add for losing Clay.

For us, we add a 1st, we get a help now pass rusher/OLB, and we recoup a 4th for Dupree.

My mock in this scenario: 1-14 we take Vita Vea, at 1-28 we take Derrius Guice, our next pick isn't until 3-92 Gernard Avery (LB Memphis), and at 4-101 Duke Ejiofor as a developmental OLB behind Matthews.

Reason I go in that order is I think Tampa might be the most desperate to make a move like this.  The Colts one....I think they want more immediate help and they know that they need more than just one or two guys though, so overall they don't want to lose out on too much.  This one also gives us the ability to move up a tad bit more and get 2 potentially elite defenders in the 1st round, and a Bell replacement in the 2nd.  The last one is an absolute pipe dream, but I think you can talk Green Bay into the fact that Clay hasn't been himseld for swapping Clay and 14 for Bell and 60 actually helps them more since defensive talent in the 2nd round is there, and they get the younger player out of Bell.

Definitely like the effort. Im not sure too many will love value with Foster at this point, perhaps they would though. Im just feel we will start seeing more obvious cracks in his game this year. 

What does everybody think straight up value for Bell is in regards to picks? Is he worth a 1st rounder and to what point even with the contract issue? I have to think if you are somebody advocating that he should be paid what he is asking for than you should agree he is worth at least a 1st rounder regardless of the contract situation. If you dont think he deserves the pay he is asking then perhaps hes not. 

1 minute ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Definitely like the effort. Im not sure too many will love value with Foster at this point, perhaps they would though. Im just feel we will start seeing more obvious cracks in his game this year. 

What does everybody think straight up value for Bell is in regards to picks? Is he worth a 1st rounder and to what point even with the contract issue? I have to think if you are somebody advocating that he should be paid what he is asking for than you should agree he is worth at least a 1st rounder regardless of the contract situation. If you dont think he deserves the pay he is asking then perhaps hes not. 

He's not worth the rumored $17mil.  He's worth the $13.5mil range.

I think he's still worth a 1st, but dependent on the team what else it takes to get their first can vary.  Like in my TB trade, it's going to take more to get up to their pick because they still have other needs.  For a team like Indy, they have enough picks elsewhere in the draft, so to them the cost to move up isn't quite as high as it would be if they didn't have those other picks.  For the GB trade the value is based on the offset of Bell/60 and Clay/14.

If we were trading Bell alone for picks, we aren't getting much more than a 2nd, and that's just one, which isn't worth it.  Unless you can get them to throw in some type of conditional pick in 2018 that moves up dependent on contract or performance.  3rd, 2nd, 2nd+3rd.

My dream scenario for a Bell trade would be something like this...

Pittsburgh trades Le'veon Bell and their 60th overall pick to Tampa for the #7 and #38 picks. 

Pittsburgh selects Minkah Fitzpatrick - FS - with the 7th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft,

RD 1 #7 Minkah Fitzpatrick - FS - Alabama

RD 1 #28 Sony Michel - RB - Georgia (Im not sure he's "the guy" but hes an intriguing replacement) Was a fan of Guice but sounds like there are some definite maturity concerns, Im not fond of drama. Colbert was at their pro day to check out the two backs. 

We can figure out the rest, but that would be a haul. 

I feel Minkah could change the fortunes of this team for the next 10 years easily and for hanging on to 2 or 3 years out of Bell is ridiculous if this opportunity existed. I would be almost as excited as I was when we moved up to get Troy. 

I dont currently feel we are strong contenders for the title this coming season unless there is some serious infusion of talent or good fortune through the draft. Yeah we can possibly make the playoffs in a weakened division but we're getting closer to getting knocked off our pedestal. I guess for everybodys sakes hope im wrong, but the embarrassment in the playoffs was no fluke. There were no excuses for that type of play, just not good enough. 

Archived