A Song of Ice and Fire

THE DUKE

3 hours ago, N4L said:

GRRM came out and shot down the rumor that the Barriston actor was floating out there about being done with one book, let alone both books. The actor that plays barriston needs to be tarred and feathered for floating that out there.

Its been a nice run George, but now, my watch has ended. 

Im glad he said it and George had to respond. I needed to hear him say he hasnt started on ADOS, and wont until WOW is done. So I dont have to hope anymore of seeing the saga complete. Cause it wont be.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

You guys will just have to wait until Brandon Sanderson finishes them.

Don’t know much about him but from what I hear I’d at least let him write the battle scenes and have someone else do the creative writing. 

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t know much about him but from what I hear I’d at least let him write the battle scenes and have someone else do the creative writing. 

If he dies before it finishes. He wants all his notes and unfinished works burned.

Thats why its so gut wrenching he hasnt even started ADOS yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

If he dies before it finishes. He wants all his notes and unfinished works burned.

This would never happen, way too much money in GoT involved. They will find some kind of loophole and have someone finish his work. 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This would never happen, way too much money in GoT involved. They will find some kind of loophole and have someone finish his work. 

His heart rate monitor sends out a "Dracarys" message to a dude at his cabin like

Bscap0124.jpg?resize=740,463

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Probably because he doesn't really outline, he just writes as he goes, which is why it's taking him so long to write, and why the series has become bloated.  His process is what's screwing the series being finished.  It's also the problem with letting someone else finish it.  Jordan had outlines and notes that could be used, whereas Martin's notes are likely to be thrown away or burned by him as much as used even if he finished his own series.

It's also why the showrunners had the broad strokes of his ending, but are deviating so clearly from where the books seem to be going.  Those broad strokes are really broad, and Martin hasn't figured out how the characters will get there himself.

Man I can't stop thinking about how the show butchered Euron so hard. He has such a small role in the books so far and yet we know so much about him. I always liked the Euron = Daario theory, even if the likely hood of it being true was basically 0%. There actually was enough compelling evidence to support it yet none of that fascinating character building from the books made an appearance in the show. Instead we just got a horny Jack Sparrow who's a sniper with an oversized crossbow. Even referring to his ship in the show as The Silence feels like such a disservice to him. 

Reading the ASOIAF subreddit, I agree with the idea that the show does actually give an idea for what's in-store for the (F)Aegon plot. There's too many unresolved story lines from the books that we'll never get resolved and it just sucks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Man I can't stop thinking about how the show butchered Euron so hard. He has such a small role in the books so far and yet we know so much about him. I always liked the Euron = Daario theory, even if the likely hood of it being true was basically 0%. There actually was enough compelling evidence to support it yet none of that fascinating character building from the books made an appearance in the show. Instead we just got a horny Jack Sparrow who's a sniper with an oversized crossbow. Even referring to his ship in the show as The Silence feels like such a disservice to him. 

Reading the ASOIAF subreddit, I agree with the idea that the show does actually give an idea for what's in-store for the (F)Aegon plot. There's too many unresolved story lines from the books that we'll never get resolved and it just sucks. 

My theory on Euron is he's about to become the closest analogue the books have to the Night King.  He's almost certainly a warg, and maybe even a greenseer, and he's gearing up for some big magical ritual of some kind, though I've yet to see a convincing theory on what that is.  I don't buy that he's summoning krakens.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:10 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Yep. He's already come out and say that if he goes, that's it. He's not letting anyone finish the story.