A Song of Ice and Fire

THE DUKE

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. He's already come out and say that if he goes, that's it. He's not letting anyone finish the story. 

I could easily forgive this if it was clear he is interested and working on finishing the books. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yep. He's already come out and say that if he goes, that's it. He's not letting anyone finish the story. 

100% his estate sells the rights to finish it though.  Someone will throw enough zeroes at it eventually.

19 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

100% his estate sells the rights to finish it though.  Someone will throw enough zeroes at it eventually.

His wife will likely inherit it all if he predeceases her, and she's likely to do what he wants, since she won't be strapped for cash.  The best hope (morbid as this is) is for her to die soon after him and have the rights go to someone who's more about the money at that point.

Chances are if she outlives him by a decade or so, the market will cool and there wouldn't be as much at stake, so the likelihood of anyone finishing it drops further.

They've been out of book info since Jon's death. But, somehow everyone is heated about only this season? What about the other seasons where they were freely writing not based off of Martin's books? Maybe I'm missing something.

19 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

They've been out of book info since Jon's death. But, somehow everyone is heated about only this season? What about the other seasons where they were freely writing not based off of Martin's books? Maybe I'm missing something.

People have been annoyed with lots of subplots such as dorne 

• Like 1

The writing has been inferior since John was stabbed (last of the book material), but the problem was compounded when they shortened the seasons and removed all the intrigue.  If seasons 7 and 8 we're both 10 episodes and the time was taken to flesh out the plot we got more, it would have solved some problems

• Like 5

5 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

I say we freeze his head and double our efforts to revive cryogenically frozen people

Now that sounds like a plan. We freeze him, and once we are able to bring him back to life. We put his head in a room constantly playing Nickleback music and tell him we will let him die when he finishes the books.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, biggio7 said:

Season 7 had the same kind of complaints, but for opposite reasons.  Whereas this season is checking off plot points without getting there believably, season 7 was loaded with filler.  I'm thinking that they were afraid to resolve anything before the final season, hence the pacing issues.  Beyond the Wall is still the worst episode of the show, ever IMO.

Seasons 5 and 6 had some similar issues, especially season 5, where the Dornish plot weighed down the other interesting stuff that happened (Dornish plot in the show is so different from the books it's practically original material), so the signs were there that this was gonna happen.  The likely reason it wasn't so bad in those seasons as it is now was proximity to what Martin has finished.  Great moments like The Door, The Battle of the Bastards, and The Winds of Winter are very close to happening in the books, so they have more details to work with to adapt.

All the garbage this season is still two long books away, so it's harder to work off of Martin, and the writing suffered tremendously.

21 hours ago, Daniel said:

Season 7 had the same kind of complaints, but for opposite reasons.  Whereas this season is checking off plot points without getting there believably, season 7 was loaded with filler.  I'm thinking that they were afraid to resolve anything before the final season, hence the pacing issues.  Beyond the Wall is still the worst episode of the show, ever IMO.

Seasons 5 and 6 had some similar issues, especially season 5, where the Dornish plot weighed down the other interesting stuff that happened (Dornish plot in the show is so different from the books it's practically original material), so the signs were there that this was gonna happen.  The likely reason it wasn't so bad in those seasons as it is now was proximity to what Martin has finished.  Great moments like The Door, The Battle of the Bastards, and The Winds of Winter are very close to happening in the books, so they have more details to work with to adapt.

All the garbage this season is still two long books away, so it's harder to work off of Martin, and the writing suffered tremendously.

Have you ever written anything?

I believe I missed this on reading through.

Someone just told me Ser Lyn Corbray intentionally drew his blade on Littlefinger because he was in cahoots with LF. Can anyone back that theory up?

This was the part where Yohn Royce fussed at him at the Eyrie during the meeting over LF being Protector of the Vale..

Edited by PARROTHEAD

58 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I believe I missed this on reading through.

Someone just told me Ser Lyn Corbray intentionally drew his blade on Littlefinger because he was in cahoots with LF. Can anyone back that theory up?

This was the part where Yohn Royce fussed at him at the Eyrie during the meeting over LF being Protector of the Vale..

It was. Sansa went and confronted him about it later and Baelish started laughing admitting he bribed him with gold, land, and boys.

• Like 1