A Song of Ice and Fire

THE DUKE

On 5/18/2019 at 7:17 PM, Calvert28 said:
On 5/18/2019 at 6:17 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

I believe I missed this on reading through.

Someone just told me Ser Lyn Corbray intentionally drew his blade on Littlefinger because he was in cahoots with LF. Can anyone back that theory up?

This was the part where Yohn Royce fussed at him at the Eyrie during the meeting over LF being Protector of the Vale..

It was. Sansa went and confronted him about it later and Baelish started laughing admitting he bribed him with gold, land, and boys.

It took me a reread to figure out exactly what happened in that chapter, because GRRM thrusts like 8 new characters on us all at the same time and expects us to know who is who and pick up on the subtleties lol 

Basically Little finger knows that anyone who wants to plot against him will go to Corbray first to gain his alliance. Its rather genius, really. 

LF also then intends to marry Sansa to the Heir of the Eyrie (Harry Hardyng) so that they will move to winterfell and he can continue to rule the eyrie? At least, he hints of a betrothal between the two of them. I cant see how that benefits LF, unless he plans on seating them on the iron throne so that he can become the hand? 

Just like it took me a reread to figure out that the pious masked man in the Salt Pans in sandor clegane, born again. What are the chances that pious Sandor destroys the abomination that his brother became? I think it would be fitting. 

No twow announcement tonight, its official. GRRM is never.going.to.finish

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, N4L said:

LF also then intends to marry Sansa to the Heir of the Eyrie (Harry Hardyng) so that they will move to winterfell and he can continue to rule the eyrie? At least, he hints of a betrothal between the two of them. I cant see how that benefits LF, unless he plans on seating them on the iron throne so that he can become the hand? 

I think the plan there is that since he only holds power while Robert Arryn is the lord, and since even that power is tenuous, he knows that he also needs to have Hardyng in his pocket too.  He essentially wants to put Sansa in a good situation to control (or at least have a big influence on) two of the seven kingdoms, thanks to him.  That and his controlling (in name, at least) the Riverlands would put him in an extremely powerful position.

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think the plan there is that since he only holds power while Robert Arryn is the lord, and since even that power is tenuous, he knows that he also needs to have Hardyng in his pocket too.  He essentially wants to put Sansa in a good situation to control (or at least have a big influence on) two of the seven kingdoms, thanks to him.  That and his controlling (in name, at least) the Riverlands would put him in an extremely powerful position.

Yes it would, but if you think that he would stop there then you are as foolish as Eddard Stark lol

LF is too ambitious to stop there with just two of the seven kingdoms 

I think his endgame is to try and seat Sansa on the throne and then put his bastard in her belly. That way his son would be king. 

George posted on his "not a blog" tonight.

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

And me?  I’m still here, and I’m still busy.    As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO (some having nothing whatsoever to do with the world of Westeros), two at Hulu, one on the History Channel.   I’m involved with a number of feature projects, some based upon my own stories and books, some on material created by others.   There are these short films I am hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers our genre has ever produced.   I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan.   And then there’s Meow Wolf…

And I’m writing.   Winter is coming, I told you, long ago… and so it is.   THE WINDS OF WINTER is very late, I know, I know, but it will be done.  I won’t say when, I’ve tried that before, only to burn you all and jinx myself… but I will finish it, and then will come A DREAM OF SPRING.

8 shows, number of feature projects, short films...

Just when I think it cant get less than a 0% chance getting A Dream of Spring. He sure knows how to make it feel like it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

This thread is sad

7 years ago... wow

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

George posted on his "not a blog" tonight.

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

8 shows, number of feature projects, short films...

Just when I think it cant get less than a 0% chance getting A Dream of Spring. He sure knows how to make it feel like it.

How about this?  I’ll write it.   You read it.  Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet.

I'll believe it when I read it. Until then, words are wind, and the fat man's flatulence is the only wind he is producing atm

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

How often do you see people of George's weight in their 80's? Can't think of a single one off the top of my head.

He's 70 now. Can he really get DoS out in 8 years or so? Doubtful.

My grandpa is 90 at that weight and every time I see him I look at him and I'm like, "How you still alive?" 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Yes it would, but if you think that he would stop there then you are as foolish as Eddard Stark lol

LF is too ambitious to stop there with just two of the seven kingdoms 

I think his endgame is to try and seat Sansa on the throne and then put his bastard in her belly. That way his son would be king. 

I'm not saying that's the end of his ambition, I'm saying that's just the next step.  I don't know how he plans on moving from there, but my guess would be make an alliance between the Riverlands, the North, and the Vale against the Lannisters, since that alliance was most of what brought down the Targaryens.  I would assume his ambition is to sit the Iron Throne himself, but I don't know how he plans to get there exactly.

What I think will be different/the same:

I think the Night's King will be killed by someone else.
I think Azor Ahai will be a real prophecy, I think it will be John, and I think he will kill Dany before the battle with the Night King. 

Therefore, I think the King's Landing battle will come first in the books. 

I think the major deaths will be similar. 

I think Dany's descent into madness will be better.
I think Dorne is completely different and will have a much more significant role, but with a similar (yet better conceived) major turning point. 

What else do I think?  I had a lot more thoughts, but they all kinda escaped me as soon as I started writing this post. 

As for finishing my book… I fear that New Zealand would distract me entirely too much.   Best leave me here in Westeros for the nonce.   But I tell you this — if I don’t have THE WINDS OF WINTER in hand when I arrive in New Zealand for worldcon, you have here my formal written permission to imprison me in a small cabin on White Island, overlooking that lake of sulfuric acid, until I’m done.   Just so long as the acrid fumes do not screw up my old DOS word processor, I’ll be fine.

GRRM put on his Not A Blog today.

Looked it up.

78th World Science Fiction Convention will begin on

Wednesday
July 29, 2020

So at least theres some hope for 1 book.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

GRRM put on his Not A Blog today.

Looked it up.

So at least theres some hope for 1 book.

To have the WOW in hand by July 2020, wouldn't he have to give the finished version to his publishers like... now?

Edited by HTTRG3Dynasty

3 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

To have the WOW in hand by July 2020, wouldn't he have to give the finished version to his publishers like... now?

I think that there was a report that he took a new jacket photo not too long ago? IF that is the case and it was for WOW, it could be that it's in the hand of publishers...maybe undergoing final edits or something, etc etc. 

• Like 1