A Song of Ice and Fire

THE DUKE

I've read once it's ready to publish it's about a 3 month process to go through production and everything involved before it's available.

GRRM saying if I don't have it in another 14 months (after the already 8+ years waiting) then we can be angry doesn't instill much confidence in me.  Still won't believe it until I see it.

• Like 1

I imagine WOW, if Martin's draft was finished, would fly through the publication process.  Too much money stands to be made.

Not saying it'd be a week, but I'd feel confident saying it'd be way less than the average time it takes to get through editors.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He's missed a prime window. This is the most anticipated book release since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows because of the TV series and the longer after the series is done he waits to publish it, the less impact it will have.

Thing is, I don’t think he cares. He has more than enough money and fame... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Forge said:

I think that there was a report that he took a new jacket photo not too long ago? IF that is the case and it was for WOW, it could be that it's in the hand of publishers...maybe undergoing final edits or something, etc etc. 

He did have a new jacket photo, but that was before his typewriter broke and he decided to rewrite tyrion Lannister as a gender fluid dominatrix who runs off with illyrio and is eventually forced to become a whore in a lysine pleasure house.

I also heard that he accidentally spilled coffee on his only copy 

also...people talk about S8.

but what disappointed me the most about the show is that there was only 1 ship on the Battle of Blackwater bay with the trap.

In the book, Tyrion explicitly thought that they couldnt just put 1 ship out there with the wildfire. It was an obvious trap, and he knew that it would have been a red flag.

That undermined Davos in the show too because an experienced guy like him would have sensed the trap

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

but what disappointed me the most about the show is that there was only 1 ship on the Battle of Blackwater bay with the trap.

In the book, Tyrion explicitly thought that they couldnt just put 1 ship out there with the wildfire. It was an obvious trap, and he knew that it would have been a red flag.

That undermined Davos in the show too because an experienced guy like him would have sensed the trap

In the books I thought it was someone else leading them into Blackwater and they didnt take his council for crap. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Yeah, I actually thought the chain Tyrion designed was far more ingenious than the Wildfire. Really annoyed they left that out of the show. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

starting a reread.

its so good!

Its only my first reread, so i have already picked up on alot of things that went over my head the first time, and im only quarter way through book 1

I wanted to start a book club on here when so many questioning reading a unfinished series, some havent started and others wanting rereads.

Now I feel I should have put effort in to doing such with WOW coming out sometime within a year. Could wrap up and roll right into WOW with everything fresh on mind.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I wanted to start a book club on here when so many questioning reading a unfinished series, some havent started and others wanting rereads.

Now I feel I should have put effort in to doing such with WOW coming out sometime within a year. Could wrap up and roll right into WOW with everything fresh on mind.

There are so many questions. But so many possibilities with the books with how open it is. For example, one of them which I havent seen anyone on the internet bring up is would Dorne still support Dany after they learn what happened to Quentyn? These people are notorious for overreacting and holding grudges. What are the chances they try and assassinate her to just keep Aegon and Arienne on the throne?

21 hours ago, Malfatron said:

21 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

In the books I thought it was someone else leading them into Blackwater and they didnt take his council for crap. 

21 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yeah, I actually thought the chain Tyrion designed was far more ingenious than the Wildfire. Really annoyed they left that out of the show. 

Yeah, the show's version doesn't make much sense.  There would be scouts, a single ship would be an obvious trap, how did it sail with no one on board, etc.

But it's forgivable because filming it on a river with the chain and all that would probably be way more expensive, so I imagine that's the reason it changed.

On 5/25/2019 at 1:28 PM, Calvert28 said:

There are so many questions. But so many possibilities with the books with how open it is. For example, one of them which I havent seen anyone on the internet bring up is would Dorne still support Dany after they learn what happened to Quentyn? These people are notorious for overreacting and holding grudges. What are the chances they try and assassinate her to just keep Aegon and Arienne on the throne?

I doubt it, drinkwater and the big knight (forget his name) would be able to vouch for Danny and tell them that she was blameless for Q's death.