A Song of Ice and Fire

THE DUKE

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I doubt it, drinkwater and the big knight (forget his name) would be able to vouch for Danny and tell them that she was blameless for Q's death. 

Unless they hold a grudge for her denying Quentin and back Arianne and fAegon instead once that comes to light.

Here are two of my better theories:

1) Roose bolton is really thousands and thousands of years old. He is actually the same Lord Bolton from the age of heros but he has male heirs, flays them, then wears their skins. There was a theon chapter in ADOD (the fake arya's wedding) where Theon is in the gods wood and remarks how eerie it is on that day. He then sees mist swirl up and make some of the guests look like animals. "Roose bolton's face was a pale, grey mask, with two chips of dirty ice where his eyes should be". I suspect the leaches do something to rid Lord Bolton of his heirs emotions. If you remember the time when arya wore a face, she put it on and felt what the person whose face she was wearing felt. Maybe when you wear someone's skin for a long time, these emotions intensify unless you constantly leech yourself. 

Its also why he didnt kill his bastard son, because Ramsey had the same eyes as Lord Bolton, which means he will easily be able to flay him and wear his skin, like he has numerous other times before, without anyone suspecting anything. 

2) Bran can speak through the trees in ways that no human has ever been able to. The first time he went inside the tree, he saw his father and tried to call out to him. His father reacted as if someone was there. He was the one who called out to Theon when theon was in the godswood at the end of ADOD. In fact, theon even saw Bran's face in the tree after he heard his name. Bran was also the one to alert Jon Snow of Ghost's presence in AGOT. Ghost is silent, and the only time he has ever made any sound was in that moment, when he was going to be abandoned for dead in the snow. I dont think that he actually made the sound that only Jon heard, but rather, Bran somehow got Jon's attention. I used to have other examples of when Bran contacted people through the trees but I cant remember them now. If you remember, bloodraven told bran that trees dont move through time the same way that humans do, which basically opens the door for Bran to make his imprint on the past. Bloodraven seems convinced that Bran cannot change what he sees, that he can only look through the eyes of the tree, but Bran can certainly do more than that. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 4