Ravens sign RFA WR Willie Snead to offer sheet

baltimoreRebel

Yes. I like it. That's a fairly decent price for Snead too seeing what the wide receiver market was/is like this offseason. I'm kinda neutral in the favoring Snead over Bryant debate, either was fine with me. Don't think it rules out the Ravens taking a wide receiver in the first three rounds but I'm still skeptical they were ever seriously considering one at 16 anyways. But whatever, if this is the depth chart:

Crabtree / Brown / Snead / Moore / (rookie) / White

Not bad. Lots of speed besides Crabtree and I think that lessens the need for a vertical TE. Which would still be nice though. 

And yeah, I don't think the Saints match. They have little cap room and bigger fish to fry. 

1 hour ago, gooselovechild said:

Snead was also a pretty solid special teamer both on returns and coverage in NO from what I remember, so there's some added value there too.

It could also make Moore's roster spot tenuous if he doesn't develop more or they draft more than one WR next weekend.

I really, really doubt Moore's roster spot is in jeopardy. He's produced when given a chance at wide receiver and is also a nice player on special teams. He's sticking around. The Ravens only have him, Crabtree, Brown, and Snead as locks/high chances of making the roster. It's more than worth keeping six if Chris is the 6th wide receiver.

Archived