Guion cut

ugLymayNe

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Only thing that makes sense is cutting him to let him catch on with another team. Unless there was an incident we didn't hear about. 

Agreed.  TT knows from the veteran players view that getting a chance with another team is highly valuable for veterans in a young man's game.

I can only hope and somewhat assume that the younger players were showing enough in camp for GB to move on from Guion and give him a chance elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.  TT knows from the veteran players view that getting a chance with another team is highly valuable for veterans in a young man's game.

I can only hope and somewhat assume that the younger players were showing enough in camp for GB to move on from Guion and give him a chance elsewhere. 

Agreed but do guys sitting on 4 games with maybe more get signed often? Ya know?

Idk what's going on but it didn't move the needle for me either really.

55 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Agreed but do guys sitting on 4 games with maybe more get signed often? Ya know?

Idk what's going on but it didn't move the needle for me either really.

I dont know.  I just see it as a possibility that TT sees the DL group performing well in camp thus far.  

Daniels, Clark, Lowry, RJF, Ringo, Price, Adams (pre injury) and Guion might have been the odd man out, TT being a high character guy and having played, respects the players dsire and ability to get into another camp and compete now vs after the cutdown to 53.  

In the end, there is likely more to this than we know...or will ever know.  (Sitton situation part 2)

I think he is a good football player.  I also think he is better than RJF, but not so much so that he is worth taking the 4 week hit for (again).

This allows for more practice and preseason reps for Price, who I will say once again, will be on an NFL roster this season.  

5 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Went to TC today because I had the day off. 

Price looked great. 

He is my pick for the fifth/sixth guy while Adams heals. I think Mac typically carries five on the 53 but you need at least five with Adams missing the first couple of weeks right?

9 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Did the league extend his suspension or something?

No announcement on that yet but that was my first thought when they cut him today tbh. Maybe they got word that his 4 game suspension was gonna be 8 or 10 games due to the recent DUI he got

Anyway, about time. Guy had been given multiple chances

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

No announcement on that yet but that was my first thought when they cut him today tbh. Maybe they got word that his 4 game suspension was gonna be 8 or 10 games due to the recent DUI he got

Anyway, about time. Guy had been given multiple chances

Ahh I forgot about the DUI. I would put my money on this.

Archived