2018 NFL Draft

Trade ?: Packers trade #14, #101, #138 with Miami #11

#11: Packers select Minkha Fitzpatrick DB from Alabama

#45: Packers select Sam Hubbard EDGE from OSU

#76: Packers select Michael Gallup WR from CSU 

#133: Packers select Brandon Smith OL from Auburn

#172: Tyler Conklin TE from Central Michigan 

#174: Jordan Lasley WR from UCLA

If we're trading up, I prefer it to be for Ward. Anyone else I'd rather wait to see if they fell to us and that says a lot because I have a huge crush on James but I also have a Crush on Ward and feel like that outside corner spot would be a huge get for us.

11 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

2018 NFL Draft

Trade ?: Packers trade #14, #101, #138 with Miami #11

#11: Packers select Minkha Fitzpatrick DB from Alabama

#45: Packers select Sam Hubbard EDGE from OSU

#76: Packers select Michael Gallup WR from CSU 

#133: Packers select Brandon Smith OL from Auburn

#172: Tyler Conklin TE from Central Michigan 

#174: Jordan Lasley WR from UCLA

Dont listen to me cause I've no clue - but I have a feeling Hubbard's gonna be JAG at the NFL level. Not a bad JAG mind you - but JAG none the less.

We need PLAYERS. Difference makers. Those with a talent thats just a cut above others - regardless of position IMO. Either somebody's gotta recognize what others dont or we go get them. Get difference makers and the character of your (defense in this regard) can evolve and change based on what they bring. JAG's dont move that needle. They give you healthy snap counts.

8 hours ago, Joe said:

Fitz is the better prospect than Ward. We need to solidify that Safety position now that Burnett is gone. Fitz gives us a better chance of success than Ward.

We have Dix and it's clear that the Packers envision Jones playing that Burnett role. They've already came out and said he will be in the Safety room this year. We can agree to disagree here. 

OMG, I hate this mock with a white hot passion. I am not a fan of Fitzpatrick. Hubbard in 2 is not terrible, but not as good as Davenport or Landry in 1 and a CB in two. People are falling asleep on Brice and Evans at safety. Jones is the real deal at safety IMO, just watch..................

BTW, we have 12 picks and you traded away 3 for 1 yet only selected 6 players. Why no 6th and 7th round picks? Inquiring minds............

9 hours ago, Joe said:

Fitz is the better prospect than Ward. We need to solidify that Safety position now that Burnett is gone. Fitz gives us a better chance of success than Ward.

We need to solidify the CB position. We are deep at safety hence why we let Morgan walk on a cheap deal. If Gute saw safety as a hole, then he would have brought Morgan back. When there was talk that Morgan may get 9million a year then it makes sense Gute lets him go and needs to fill the spot else where. BUT when there is no negotiations with Morgan and signs a deal for a tad less than 5 million a year, then that tells you we dont have a need at safety.

I  really don't like this draft.  I don't like giving up so much for another Damarious Randall-esk project.  We need a boundary CB and Fitz just simply isn't that.  He's a FS who MIGHT be able to play some in the slot.  

Conklin is the only pick I  can get behind.  Wouldn't have minded Gallup there IF we had made better investments into CB and OLB.  

6 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

I mean he's shown he's great in the slot. Not MIGHT.

Minkha Fitzpatrick was a FS who played on occasion in the slot in college.  I don't think that limited success in the slot automatically means he's going to be able to do the same in the NFL.  He was pretty clearly a FS and NOT a CB.  Some just assume that he's going to be the NFL's next Jalen Ramsey type of prospect and I just don't see it.  

I'm not super against drafting the guy, I  just don't want us to give up over 1/4 of our draft to do so.  I think the chances of him being just a  run of the mill starting caliber NFL FS is substantially better than him being a Jalen Ramsey caliber prospect that can play anywhere in a secondary.  

1 hour ago, Jaegybomb said:

I mean he's shown he's great in the slot. Not MIGHT.

Really? I didn't see the quickness one needs from him to be 'great' in the slot in the NFL. I think he's a jack of all trades and master of none type of player. We need a difference maker in this draft at #14. I respectfully submit he's not going to be that kind of guy in the NFL. 

5 hours ago, SSG said:

I don't think that limited success in the slot automatically means he's going to be able to do the same in the NFL.  He was pretty clearly a FS and NOT a CB.  Some just assume that he's going to be the NFL's next Jalen Ramsey type of prospect and I just don't see it.  

I'm just saying he showed he can excel at it in college. Sure projecting his performance to the pros is hit or miss just like everyone. Half these guys bust and a hell of a lot more than that on day 3. The hit or miss argument applies to everyone and is pointless when you are comparing prospects relative to each other.

Archived