Lucky’s Final Mock Draft

LuckyIrish23

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That would blow my mind. When I did a quick dive into Wonderlics weeks ago, a score of 15 was your average warehouse worker. Couple that with the communication issues that I can't be the only one to notice, and desperation doesn't even cover what I think of picking that guy

Except Wonderlic scores really have no correlation between NFL success.

On 4/21/2018 at 9:19 AM, Nick_gb said:

We have Dix and it's clear that the Packers envision Jones playing that Burnett role. They've already came out and said he will be in the Safety room this year. We can agree to disagree here. 

Did I say Jones wasn't going to be a Safety? We've got all these mocks with a Safety early and some question Kentrell Brice and others at the Safety position. So....yeah, we should solidify that position when we have an underachieving CB on one side, a 35-year-old "slowpoke"(wherever that came from) on the other side if King isn't the starter, and younger players all around.

*scratches head* Not sure we're disagreeing here.

On 4/21/2018 at 10:36 AM, Kenrik said:

We need to solidify the CB position. We are deep at safety hence why we let Morgan walk on a cheap deal. If Gute saw safety as a hole, then he would have brought Morgan back. When there was talk that Morgan may get 9million a year then it makes sense Gute lets him go and needs to fill the spot else where. BUT when there is no negotiations with Morgan and signs a deal for a tad less than 5 million a year, then that tells you we dont have a need at safety.

Don't disagree with CB but I do have to say that it's better to let a guy go a year or two early before a year or two too late. I didn't like Burnett walking, but with our cap space and other needs, we may have had to bite the bullet on that one. 

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Except Wonderlic scores really have no correlation between NFL success.

I'll agree to disagree at the QB spot. Yea, there are always gonna be exceptions (not really in this case), but risk / reward on that guy is horrible. I want my QB to be able to spell cat and annunciate the english language in a discernible fashion. I set the bar high. From Walters, below is a list of QB's drafted in the last 15 years with a Wonderlic below 15. Roll the dice and take your chances. I definitely see a correlation

• Josh Booty
  • Nate Davis
  • Josh Johnson
  • Zac Robinson
  • Troy Smith
  • Tyrod Taylor
  • Seneca Wallace
  • Andre Woodson
  • Vince Young

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

I'll agree to disagree at the QB spot. Yea, there are always gonna be exceptions (not really in this case), but risk / reward on that guy is horrible. I want my QB to be able to spell cat and annunciate the english language in a discernible fashion. I set the bar high. From Walters, below is a list of QB's drafted in the last 15 years with a Wonderlic below 15. Roll the dice and take your chances. I definitely see a correlation

• Josh Booty
  • Nate Davis
  • Josh Johnson
  • Zac Robinson
  • Troy Smith
  • Tyrod Taylor
  • Seneca Wallace
  • Andre Woodson
  • Vince Young

Outside of Young they were all pretty meh to crap prospects.... Off the top of my head like half went undrafted. And not just because of that. Also Nate Davis had a learning disability and you made fun of his wonderlic. That's mean lol.... Kidding. Kind of.

Here's a list of guys with 15 or below for you.

Jim Kelly

Terry Bradshaw

McNabb

Cunningham

McNair

18 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Outside of Young they were all pretty meh to crap prospects.... Off the top of my head like half went undrafted. And not just because of that. Also Nate Davis had a learning disability and you made fun of his wonderlic. That's mean lol.... Kidding. Kind of.

Here's a list of guys with 15 or below for you.

Jim Kelly

Terry Bradshaw

McNabb

Cunningham

McNair

http://walterfootball.com/combine2018QB.php

According to this, they were all drafted. I didn't make the list

21 minutes ago, cannondale said:

http://walterfootball.com/combine2018QB.php

According to this, they were all drafted. I didn't make the list

Jesus. I didn't think Woodson or Zac were at all.

Starting from the top

Round 6

Round 5

Round 5

Round 7

Round 5

Round 6

Round 4

Round 6

Outside of Young. Pretty much all pretty meh prospects. Wonderlic didn't push any of those guys way down imo. Watched all those guys in school. There wasn't a ton too and of them. Always did like tyrod though

16 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Luckily for me I'll probably keep my architects license, but thanks

Didn't you just prove that kind of testing isn't important? Lol

And you have a real job. These guys run into each other with protective gear on for a living.

7 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Jesus. I didn't think Woodson or Zac were at all.

Starting from the top

Round 6

Round 5

Round 5

Round 7

Round 5

Round 6

Round 4

Round 6

Outside of Young. Pretty much all pretty meh prospects. Wonderlic didn't push any of those guys way down imo. Watched all those guys in school. There wasn't a ton too and of them. Always did like tyrod though

That in itself makes the point even further. You just don't progress even to the college level and get drafted without the brains. Jackson obviously did because of his wheels, but that's not enough for the NFL

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Didn't you just prove that kind of testing isn't important? Lol

And you have a real job. These guys run into each other with protective gear on for a living.

I guess taking a jab at me makes Jackson smarter. The irony comment makes me want to dump my whole life and start over

Archived