Vander-Esch vs. Evans--Who you got?

Steelers22

This was addressed a while ago. The Combine medical gave him a passing grade with no concerns (4 out of 5). The report concludes that it was a "Stinger" and no significant damage was done. Perhaps some teams won't go by the positive medical report but I think most teams will have faith in it. Read for yourself...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/04/16/way-we-hear-it-combine-medical-report-disputes-leighton-vander-esch-concerns/a45fktj/

33 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

This was addressed a while ago. The Combine medical gave him a passing grade with no concerns (4 out of 5). The report concludes that it was a "Stinger" and no significant damage was done. Perhaps some teams won't go by the positive medical report but I think most teams will have faith in it. Read for yourself...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/04/16/way-we-hear-it-combine-medical-report-disputes-leighton-vander-esch-concerns/a45fktj/

I am not a draft expert. However, two "journalist" / "analyst" types, who are very well connected, have indicated a cervical issue. Regardless of the combine report, the  issue is out there, and I think teams will take notice.  Again, it could be all smoke by one team that wants him to fall.

As for the combine, I thought each team's doctor poked and prodded players during the medicals -- not just one.  Maybe they don't do that anymore?

30 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

I am not a draft expert. However, two "journalist" / "analyst" types, who are very well connected, have indicated a cervical issue. Regardless of the combine report, the  issue is out there, and I think teams will take notice.  Again, it could be all smoke by one team that wants him to fall.

As for the combine, I thought each team's doctor poked and prodded players during the medicals -- not just one.  Maybe they don't do that anymore?

Are you suggesting teams are going to put more stock into what Mike Mayock says and what Walter Football reported then what trained Doctors who performed medical tests on the injured area concluded? Tests that conclusively showed it was a pinched nerve in the cervical area. An injury that is common and was cleared up by a chiropractor that adjusted him and relieved the pain? I know which way I'd lean. 

8 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Are you suggesting teams are going to put more stock into what Mike Mayock says and what Walter Football reported then what trained Doctors who performed medical tests on the injured area concluded? Tests that conclusively showed it was a pinched nerve in the cervical area. An injury that is common and was cleared up by a chiropractor that adjusted him and relieved the pain? I know which way I'd lean. 

Not at all. What I am simply stating is that Mayock, King, and others are hearing from teams about this issue and reporting it.

35 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

That doesn't mean that teams can't have differing opinions than the NFL doctors and think it could be a degenerative issue.  And that Mayock and other are hearing teams say they have an issue.

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

That doesn't mean that teams can't have differing opinions than the NFL doctors and think it could be a degenerative issue.  And that Mayock and other are hearing teams say they have an issue.

What I'm saying is whatever "info" they're getting from teams isn't supported by what Doctors have concluded. What GM is going to think he has more medical knowledge then a Doctor? It was a common "Stinger" and there isn't any reason to think it will become an issue moving forward. Sure maybe there is an overly cautious team out there. The OP asked if this report was going to hurt his status. The link provided tells me no. 

I've been torn on which one I prefer.  Went back and watched the bowl games again.  Give me Vander Esch.  He's such a big, physical specimen with long meat hooks.  I was concerned that he wasn't as aggressive as Evans, but I don't think that's a problem after re-watching.  Evans is pretty special going N/S, going E/W, not as much imo.  

3 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

I've been torn on which one I prefer.  Went back and watched the bowl games again.  Give me Vander Esch.  He's such a big, physical specimen with long meat hooks.  I was concerned that he wasn't as aggressive as Evans, but I don't think that's a problem after re-watching.  Evans is pretty special going N/S, going E/W, not as much imo.  

Remember that Evans played 34!ILB so he had more bodies to navigate through. Just saying.

Archived