Your Most memorable draft moments of all time???!!

brownie man

Mine would have to be when Tyson Alualu got drafted in the first round by Jacksonville 

that moment was hilarious 

The weed scandal of Lamery Tunsil was huge too 

When my Browns trading up for Brady Quinn man was that like we had won the Superbowl. 

Randy Moss sliding to #21.

A kicker (Sebastian Janikowski) being selected in the first-round.

Charles Rogers being asked about his diluted sample after his selection and looking into the camera with shame saying he never smoked is grand.

Mike Ditka putting everything on the line for Ricky Williams.

Antonio Cromartie becoming the first player in history to be selected in the first-round without playing a full season prior to the draft.

Amobi Okye being selected in the top-10 at 19-years-old.

Darrius Heyward-Bey becoming the first WR off the board.

5 OL selected in the top-10/E.J. Manuel shocking the sports world by being the first and only QB selected in the first-round from his draft class.

For me, it was when Adrian Peterson was drafted.  I was hoping and praying he would fall to us at #7, and he did.  When the pick was announced, I jumped out of my chair and yelled so loud I scared my dog.  He looked at me like I was crazy. 

The moment the pick was announced, I knew that the Vikings had just drafted the best running back in the history of their franchise.  That was a good day.

In case anybody missed these moments of High Drama: Jets' fans present at the draft howl with derision and disbelief at their team's first-round picks over the years. The selections of "Jeff Lageman" (?), and later Kyle Brady, when the fans were chanting "WE WANT SAPP!", are perhaps the most fun. See also the Jets choosing QB Ken O'Brien over another QB, Dan Marino :x. Jets fan interviewed in the cheap seats: "Obviously, da Jets know somet'ing dat da people, ya know, up here, don't!"- Guess, as it turned out, dey didn't.

I remember being livid when we drafted Trae Waynes over Marcus Peters. I hated it. I nitpicked every single thing he did wrong in his rookie preseason. I was confident that Peters would become a 15 year starter in the league.

Turns out that Trae Waynes isn't all that bad!

I was happy when the Vikings drafted Teddy Bridgewater and Dalvin Cook, but I wanted us so badly to draft Derek Carr and Joe Mixon. 

2007 when the Vikings took AP one pick a head of us. I was crushed. I wanted no part of Jamaal Anderson and knew that's who we'd be taking with AP off the board. Man did that suck. 

2008 I was so choked at taking Matt Ryan. I wanted Glen Dorsey and then a trade up from Brohm. Thought we set ourselves back 5 years lol. 

The year Mike Mitchell was taken in the 2nd round (09?) and Mike Mayock had no idea who he was. 

Julio Jones trade. Couldn't believe we moved from 26 to 6. Loved the move just for the excitement Julio would bring to the team.

Finally last year when we drafted Takk. The whole grandma picture and swearing on national TV fiasco. It was legendary. I'll never forget that. By far the memory that stands out the most for me. 

Oh god, where do I start....

Eli refusing to play for the chargers and saying that he would rather go back to school than to play for them is without a doubt #1 on my list.

The pre-draft comments from Eli, Archie and Eli's agent had already made this "little drama" worth watching all on it's own as alot of people actually thought that this his dad (Archie) was in cahoots with GM Acorssi(sp?)at the time and that this whole speil was simply just a draft strategy ploy to throw off the Giants and Raiders boards.
Add all of this to draft day when the Chargers ACTUALLY selecting him and watching Eli's interviews after the fact, his body language, how he walked off, what this meant for other teams, etc, etc.......made it VERY awkward and uncomfortable to watch. 

It was definitely a draft that I will never forget. 

The 95 draft is another one. The league expansion, workout warrior Mamala "changing the game", Sapp failing a drug test and falling hard, Stedt taking a RB FB in the first and a punter in the 2nd round( ), the Bucs "being stupid" for trading up for an undersized and undeveloped Brooks --all made it very interesting. 

The moment of the DHB pick always sticks out to me for some reason.

The surprise of the pick, the reaction from the fans in Radio City, Crabtree and his family laughing/breathing a sigh of relief that he wasn't picked by the Raiders, Heyward-Bey looking disappointed...just everything about that moment is what I love about the draft.

Archived