Your Most memorable draft moments of all time???!!

brownie man

In recent history, which I have to admit is more or less based on the context of FF reaction since I'm usually here for the draft, it had to be the AJ Jenkins selection. The mockery about how "Baalke had his name written on a card the night before" was pretty hilarious. Such an awful pick, even at the time. 

As a Steeler fan drafting Rod Woodson who many thought wouldn't be available when the Steelers selected at pick #10 that year. Noll told then defensive coordinator Tony Dungy not to even bother to write out a scouting report because there would be reason to since he wasn't going to be there when the pick came around.

Drafting Ben Roethlisberger. My friend, the next day, said he was ticked off because they didn't need a QB they had Tommy Maddox.xD

As a Giants fan, my most memorable Giants moment was when I was begging us not to take JPP as the pick came in and we took JPP. I threw my hat. Obviously, in hindsight, that was a pretty good pick. 

Soon it will be when we draft Saquon and i immediately order his jersey. B|

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Taking Aaron Maybin instead of Brian Orakpo.

Watching Leinhart and Cutler fall and thinking Buffalo should look at one of them because Lossman looked bad in his second year.

Trading up for Watkins and being scared it was for Khalil Mack.... yeah

Damn, I completely forgot Aaron Maybin even existed. xD I remember not being a fan of his coming into the league, so I'm not surprised he didn't stick around for long.

For the Browns, there's several memories that come to mind, but mostly bad ones. 2006 was the first year where I really paid attention to the draft, and I was so pissed we passed on Haloti Ngata. Not only did we pass on him, but we traded with the Ravens - our division rival - so they could take him and we ended up getting Kamerion Wimbley and Babatunde Oshinowo with the pick we got from Baltimore. Wimbley had a good rookie year for us, but declined after that. He then went to Tennessee where I think he was decent for them.

The following year, I was pretty stoked when we were able to get both Joe Thomas AND Brady Quinn. One of those picks obviously really worked out for us since Thomas is a future HOFer. Brady Quinn... not so much.

Selecting Brandon Weeden was a pretty bad and memorable pick. I actually liked Weeden, but not in the first round. I remember wanting Russell Wilson in the second round that year...

Archived