NJNiners Final 4 Rd Mock

NJniners

Here goes nothing. Theres two scenarios for the first round. Just cant decide whats better. The rest stays the same.

Scenario 1 Rd1: Trade #9 with Pats for 23 & 31. Picks: Isaiah Oliver & Leighton Vander Esch. Isaiah Oliver to me looks like the #1 Pro Ready corner in the draft. Also have Jaire Alexander as #3 over Jackson for example. To me Jackson looks too stiff and Ward will have problems because of his size. Vander Esch is comfortably the 3rd best ILB in the draft after the obvious two, but at pro level has the potential to become the best. Reminds me of Kuechly.

Scenario 2 Rd1: Stay at #9. Pick: Tremaine Edmunds. Ive been flip flopping between Smith and Edmunds in recent weeks, but im edging towards Edmunds because of that young age and massive potential, whereas with Roquan, he'll probably be a probowler from Day 1, but Edmunds to me has DPOTY talent. Edmunds reminds me of a much younger Vontaze Burfict with his head on straight and even more talent.

Rd 2: Connor Williams. Protecting Jimmy G is one of our biggest priorities outside of ILB. And this kid is great. Would be a huge improvement for our OLine.

Rd 3: Duke Eijofor. To me could slide right into the pass rushing LB position in our 4-3 and do great, but if he packed on a few more pounds he could also be a great DE.

Rd 3 & 4: Quenton Meeks and Rashaad Penny. Penny i hold as one of the Top 4-5 backs in the draft and i see him dropping on a lot of draft boards for some reason that i dont understand. And Meeks is also one of my favorite corners. Still raw, but with a ton of potential and the size, speed, and frame to back it up. I bet he could even take Witherspoons spot as starter (depending on whether or not we draft Oliver), and im a Witherspoon fan saying that. Didnt know which of these two prospects would realistically need to be drafted first, so put them together.

4 hours ago, NJniners said:

Here goes nothing. Theres two scenarios for the first round. Just cant decide whats better. The rest stays the same.

Scenario 1 Rd1: Trade #9 with Pats for 23 & 31. Picks: Isaiah Oliver & Leighton Vander Esch. Isaiah Oliver to me looks like the #1 Pro Ready corner in the draft. Also have Jaire Alexander as #3 over Jackson for example. To me Jackson looks too stiff and Ward will have problems because of his size. Vander Esch is comfortably the 3rd best ILB in the draft after the obvious two, but at pro level has the potential to become the best. Reminds me of Kuechly.

Scenario 2 Rd1: Stay at #9. Pick: Tremaine Edmunds. Ive been flip flopping between Smith and Edmunds in recent weeks, but im edging towards Edmunds because of that young age and massive potential, whereas with Roquan, he'll probably be a probowler from Day 1, but Edmunds to me has DPOTY talent. Edmunds reminds me of a much younger Vontaze Burfict with his head on straight and even more talent.

Rd 2: Connor Williams. Protecting Jimmy G is one of our biggest priorities outside of ILB. And this kid is great. Would be a huge improvement for our OLine.

Rd 3: Duke Eijofor. To me could slide right into the pass rushing LB position in our 4-3 and do great, but if he packed on a few more pounds he could also be a great DE.

Rd 3 & 4: Quenton Meeks and Rashaad Penny. Penny i hold as one of the Top 4-5 backs in the draft and i see him dropping on a lot of draft boards for some reason that i dont understand. And Meeks is also one of my favorite corners. Still raw, but with a ton of potential and the size, speed, and frame to back it up. I bet he could even take Witherspoons spot as starter (depending on whether or not we draft Oliver), and im a Witherspoon fan saying that. Didnt know which of these two prospects would realistically need to be drafted first, so put them together.

Love the picks, and really love Penny as a RB this year. I thought long and hard about picking him in mine, but I just don't know how we split the playing time if we select him (a great problem to have).

Nothing in this one that would make me unhappy. I'd prefer Roquan Smith over Edmunds, and really wouldn't want Edmunds as a top 10 pick unless we are planning to install him as that LEO we are eager for. Even that would be quite the gamble. 

Good names in here, though. 5 days to go!  :) 

My question for you guys: Which of the two first round scenarios i put up would you prefer? Isaiah Oliver is probably my favorite prospect in this draft. But ILB with Fosters problems is easily the bigger need i think. Vand Esch is also great though. Still cant decide.

34 minutes ago, NJniners said:

My question for you guys: Which of the two first round scenarios i put up would you prefer? Isaiah Oliver is probably my favorite prospect in this draft. But ILB with Fosters problems is easily the bigger need i think. Vand Esch is also great though. Still cant decide.

Don't forget you could consider Evans as well as VDE

Archived