Broncos QB Battle - Siemian it is

AnAngryAmerican

Who Wins the QB Battle?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the QB Battle?

• Trevor Siemian
    • Paxton Lynch

Consider Lynch's profile right now: slow to read the field, stares down targets, spotty accuracy/ball placement, instinct to tuck and run without elite speed, turnover prone (at least in practice)...right now you're looking at the total ineptitude and three-and-out prevalence of 2016 + turnovers of 2015 with Lynch leading the team. McCoy might actually have to draw from the old Tebow playbook to move the ball with the Lynch I've seen...

41 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Consider Lynch's profile right now: slow to read the field, stares down targets, spotty accuracy/ball placement, instinct to tuck and run without elite speed, turnover prone (at least in practice)...right now you're looking at the total ineptitude and three-and-out prevalence of 2016 + turnovers of 2015 with Lynch leading the team. McCoy might actually have to draw from the old Tebow playbook to move the ball with the Lynch I've seen...

Listen, it was one game I agree Trevor right not has looked better. But from last night I didn't see huge gap better.

I wanna see lynch next week with the starters. We said many times we're not 8 deep of nfl caliber players on the o line. Also we have some rookies at wr. And our wr core is unspectacular outside the first 2. or at least unproven. Our tes have been a weak link for 3 years now. 

So I wanna see Lynch get the start this week and truly see his level or where he's at. I wanna see this thing play out to the finish. 

17 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

16 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Listen, it was one game I agree Trevor right not has looked better. But from last night I didn't see huge gap better.

I wanna see lynch next week with the starters. We said many times we're not 8 deep of nfl caliber players on the o line. Also we have some rookies at wr. And our wr core is unspectacular outside the first 2. or at least unproven. Our tes have been a weak link for 3 years now. 

So I wanna see Lynch get the start this week and truly see his level or where he's at. I wanna see this thing play out to the finish. 

Except it hasn't been 1 game.  It's been 1 full season of evaluation in which now he was supposed to have improved.   OTA's are flag football no contact.   Full contact scrimmages and games are just way better at showing progress.   And frankly his struggles were against 2nd stringers playing a vanilla base.   

If Lynch had other signs of progress you could feel hopeful it was just a blip.  But read every piece on what Lynch's flaws were that needed to be  better at - D recognition read progression and accuracy.   None of those were good last year so to see it bad this past week logic says it's not progressed.  The most troubling part was the new weakness of eyes down with pressure - that's a huge sign the game is still way too fast for him.

It's way too soon for the bust label to stick - but if winning games now is the goal then it's not even a decision.   Even those who supported Lynch in OTA like Klis & Renck (and who still believe in his long term future) have come to this conclusion.  If our playoff hopes are in the tank or Siemian doesn't progress at all and Lynch shows more by all means it's a debate.  But the whole idea on a QB battle was based on Lynch taking "big steps" forward.     That's clearly not the case.   The time Lynch needs to get there (and again it's no guarantee he does) isn't measured with a clock or stop watch - it's more like a sun dial or by a lunar calendar at best. 

But what did Siemian do to make it a point that Lynch doesn't get his start with the ones? We've made it a point that this team is not deep on the line. It also isn't deep at skill position outside of running backs. You have a lot of rookies at,wrs. 

I wanna see how Lynch is with the starting offense, and despite what everyone says I don't think Siemian did anything to show there was a large gap.

I'm also not worried about last year because lynch was gonna take time to develop. I wanna see him with the ones to truly guage how much he has grown.

20 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I could see Elway looking at the free agent class for a QB next year. It's an unusually stacked group right now. The Lions aren't stupid enough to let Stafford hit the market, are they?

Even if they don't a trade would not be the worst thing in the world, he will only be 30.

31 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I just have zero faith in elway with Qbs I mean he kept Brock around for four years! You're telling me he looked like a franchise qb in practice?

Yeah how about we stop drafting tall and inaccurate projects to play QB for us. 

1 minute ago, BroncoSojia said:

Do we have 30 mil per to spend on a QB? Because that's how much it's going to cost.

I doubt it would reach 30 but theoretically they can create almost 45 million in space next year pretty easily. Roll over cap from 2017, cut CJ, Peko, Stephenson, Watson and Kerr. 

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

I doubt it would reach 30 but theoretically they can create almost 45 million in space next year pretty easily. Roll over cap from 2017, cut CJ, Peko, Stephenson, Watson and Kerr. 

It's going to be close. Cousins is getting 28 at the minimum, and Stafford is better so he's not settling for any less. Also, what would the price be in a trade? 2 first rounders? One of our good defensive starters? 

18 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

It's going to be close. Cousins is getting 28 at the minimum, and Stafford is better so he's not settling for any less. Also, what would the price be in a trade? 2 first rounders? One of our good defensive starters? 

They are more worried about guaranteed dollars. Give Stafford 75 million up front and he'll take 25-26.

15 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

They are more worried about guaranteed dollars. Give Stafford 75 million up front and he'll take 25-26.

Problem is the roster surrounding those QB's cannot compete for a Super Bowl.  Does Elway spend the money knowing the surrounding pieces will get him to mediocrity and a cap situation that will take years to fix?  Idk.

Archived