Broncos QB Battle - Siemian it is

AnAngryAmerican

Who Wins the QB Battle?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the QB Battle?

• Trevor Siemian
    • Paxton Lynch

28 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

That 2011 team was really a 5-6 win caliber team that made a run by winning almost every close game. That run really was miraculous. I'd hate to depend on that model again. 

Plus when we finally played an elite team, we got exposed badly. No thanks to that sort of team.

43 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

That 2011 team was really a 5-6 win caliber team that made a run by winning almost every close game. That run really was miraculous. I'd hate to depend on that model again. 

oh and our division was a joke that season and we now play in the best division in football 

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

And what's the Trevor Siemian model? At best its the Chiefs/Texans model the last 3 to 4 years?

I know this was Kubiaks offense last year and he didn't let the qb do much.

But, from my understanding McCoy gives more leeway and is qb friendly. Now if Siemian who has the mind owned the line of scrimmage, and checked into right plays, or called audibles, and just had long drives with his mark all over them. I'd be beating the table for him to start. 

Some what of a poor man's Peyton Manning I'd say start him no questions asked.

But last year for all the people having an issue with Paxton Lynch's personality I had a bigger issue with Trevor and his. Far too often last year I saw a complacent qb who was mellow all game long. After a 3 and out he just trotted back to the sideline, with the we'll get him next time look. 

I don't want that I want a qb that hold the offense as a unit accountable. I want a qb that is ultra competetive who hates 3 and outs who won't stand for them. Someone who it makes sick when there's a 3 and out. 

For as much as Siemian has mentally he should be so much further a long in the intangible traits for being the man of the offense.

There's nothing wrong with mellow and his teammates actually appreciate that level-headed demeanor. Getting all jazzed up on the sidelines doesn't get you first downs, understanding and executing the offense does. And there's no comparison there, Siemian for his limitations is miles ahead. 

And let's be honest, if we're going to honestly assess and compare their leadership qualities, it's probably even less close than  a comparison of their playing abilities. Siemian is already respected by his teammates. Any ideas of Paxton being this firy leader who teammates gravitate toward is purely hypothetical, nothing to really suggest that's in his makeup. I did see an article today where DT noted Paxton exhibits poor body language after bad plays and gets stuck on mistakes though....

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

There's nothing wrong with mellow and his teammates actually appreciate that level-headed demeanor. Getting all jazzed up on the sidelines doesn't get you first downs, understanding and executing the offense does. And there's no comparison there, Siemian for his limitations is miles ahead. 

And let's be honest, if we're going to honestly assess and compare their leadership qualities, it's probably even less close than  a comparison of their playing abilities. Siemian is already respected by his teammates. Any ideas of Paxton being this firy leader who teammates gravitate toward is purely hypothetical, nothing to really suggest that's in his makeup. I did see an article today where DT noted Paxton exhibits poor body language after bad plays and gets stuck on mistakes though....

I'm not comparing Paxton to trevor I'm evaluating Trevor in a vacuum. I think play on the field garners leadership. 

I'm comparing Trevor to Peyton in his last year. Even though Peyton had no tools left he still ran that huddle, he still had command at the line, he was still accustomed to getting the offense in the right play. He still hated 3 and outs.

Trev is entering his 3rd year and I just expect more from him commanding the offense. Maybe those expectations are ridiculous.

41 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm not comparing Paxton to trevor I'm evaluating Trevor in a vacuum. I think play on the field garners leadership. 

I'm comparing Trevor to Peyton in his last year. Even though Peyton had no tools left he still ran that huddle, he still had command at the line, he was still accustomed to getting the offense in the right play. He still hated 3 and outs.

Trev is entering his 3rd year and I just expect more from him commanding the offense. Maybe those expectations are ridiculous.

I think it's pretty safe to assume all QBs hate three-and-outs, showing the cameras how annoyed you are is not going to create more first downs for your team. This brings me to the larger point which is this analysis is nothing but speculation. Trevor is beloved by his teammates and was voted a captain in his first year starting, that's more credible to me than attempting to connect dots between a mellow personality and lack of passion for the game. 

17 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think it's pretty safe to assume all QBs hate three-and-outs, showing the cameras how annoyed you are is not going to create more first downs for your team. This brings me to the larger point which is this analysis is nothing but speculation. Trevor is beloved by his teammates and was voted a captain in his first year starting, that's more credible to me than attempting to connect dots between a mellow personality and lack of passion for the game. 

Totally agree with you BB. Trevor comes off as a cool and calm dude. I think even Sanders even mentioned that last year in a post game convo. I don't think we will ever see him throw his helmet on the ground or throw his arms up walking off the field or on the sideline. I actually prefer this than seeing someone whine or pout at the far end of the sideline e.g. Jay Cutler.

23 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

Plus when we finally played an elite team, we got exposed badly. No thanks to that sort of team.

That run, I think literally took a few years off of my life.  I smoked and drank a lot back then, and think that I went through a pack of cigarettes during the fourth quarters.  Yeah...Tebow owes me some points with the big guy...all Tebow's fault.  

2 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

This is encouraging.... From 49er beat writers and reporters

There's bias and there's BIAS!

I imagine these 49er beat writers haven't been watching Siemian and Lynch all throughout training camp, so can they really make a judgment like the above after one day of joint practice?

I don't think anyone is decreeing that either Siemian or Lynch is the absolute future of this franchise right now, but Siemian is in his 3rd year (2nd as a starter/active player) and Lynch is in his 2nd. Maybe just maybe one of them will get there and be able to call themselves a franchise QB

3 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

That run, I think literally took a few years off of my life.  I smoked and drank a lot back then, and think that I went through a pack of cigarettes during the fourth quarters.  Yeah...Tebow owes me some points with the big guy...all Tebow's fault.  

Haha is this true it gave you a heart attack. Did you really smoke like a chimney back then and drink like a German? I know you're sarcastic just have to confirm.

That season was amazing. I mean 2015 was also great nothing compares to the post season run. Denver was David Carolina was Goliath. 

But, that 2011 season I will remember forever. Because Tebow made all the media a pundits look right and stupid in the same game. And I know the d played out of its mind that season. But you can't tell me Tebow didn't contribute to that. You can't tell me that tebow wasn't a better draft pick than bradford he gave you more in a little bit of time won a playoff game. I'll never forget tebow telling dt its okay you dropped that pass because you're about to be the hero of the game.

If we put his heart and leadership abilities into Paxton Lynch or Sam Bradford they would be hall of famers. Because Tebow was a below average thrower and still got the best of his teamates in big moments. He was a phenomenal leader no other qb with his skill set will never make a run like that ever again.

Tebow showed up in big moments, was a tremendous leader always held his head up high. I think that's why DT tells paxton to do that.

It's Siemians job, unless Lynch makes almost impossible strides from now until they make a decision.  Though, I am almost certain the staff and Elway already know it's Siemians job.

Just watching him vs the Bears it was pretty evident he isn't close to being a starting NFL QB.  As I said in the GDT, it was very disappointing.

I think the rumor of Elway trying to get McCarron was true.  Siemian is Siemian, game manager type at best and considering the way Lynch played we all know Elway is probably disgusted.  I'm not all that fond of McCarron, but he's better than anything on the roster.

Archived