AnAngryAmerican

Who Wins the QB Battle?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the QB Battle?

• Trevor Siemian
    • Paxton Lynch

7 hours ago, PFM18 said:

There's bias and there's BIAS!

I imagine these 49er beat writers haven't been watching Siemian and Lynch all throughout training camp, so can they really make a judgment like the above after one day of joint practice?

I don't think anyone is decreeing that either Siemian or Lynch is the absolute future of this franchise right now, but Siemian is in his 3rd year (2nd as a starter/active player) and Lynch is in his 2nd. Maybe just maybe one of them will get there and be able to call themselves a franchise QB

I hear conflicting reports from how Lynch looked in the first day of joint practices. I heard local beat writers thought it was a good day for him. Threw two tds in the redzone drills which is big, and the only qb not to throw a pick in practice.

I don't listen to anything negative about the Broncos. I ignore it. It's all FAKE NEWS! AHH!! We're going to win the Super Bowl this year. 

Clearly, despite what entities on the radio (one of which is literally a subsidiary of the franchise) and local TV (who under the age of 65 watches that?) say, we're in for a long year. We made too many mistakes this last year. We could have hired a real head coach. We could have retained a Hall of Fame defensive coordinator. We could have filled real needs in free agency. We could have drafted the best player rather than reach for need in the 1st round. 

Things are going to get ugly around here real quick. It's going to be 2009-10 all over again. Sans the heartburn, nausea, insomnia and occasional vomiting,  I'm looking forward to it.

9 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don't listen to anything negative about the Broncos. I ignore it. It's all FAKE NEWS! AHH!! We're going to win the Super Bowl this year. 

Clearly, despite what entities on the radio (one of which is literally a subsidiary of the franchise) and local TV (who under the age of 65 watches that?) say, we're in for a long year. We made too many mistakes this last year. We could have hired a real head coach. We could have retained a Hall of Fame defensive coordinator. We could have filled real needs in free agency. We could have drafted the best player rather than reach for need in the 1st round. 

Things are going to get ugly around here real quick. It's going to be 2009-10 all over again. Sans the heartburn, nausea, insomnia and occasional vomiting,  I'm looking forward to it.

This team is almost impossible to compare to the 2009 2010 team. We were so top heavy back then in 08 with Jay Cutler, Marshall, Champ,. 

Vance Joseph in order to be Mac would have to be a dictator which he's not he more or so delegates. He'd also have to trade like 10 players for draft picks and less talented players. Elway would need a terrible draft mac esq not happening.

And it's early yet but Bolles is looking like the best player at,that spot.

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

This team is almost impossible to compare to the 2009 2010 team. We were so top heavy back then in 08 with Jay Cutler, Marshall, Champ,. 

Vance Joseph in order to be Mac would have to be a dictator which he's not he more or so delegates. He'd also have to trade like 10 players for draft picks and less talented players. Elway would need a terrible draft mac esq not happening.

And it's early yet but Bolles is looking like the best player at,that spot.

^Sarcasm is lost on this one. 

Luv ya, TBE6 

13 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Speaking of good Bronco sources, who should I follow/listen to? I've been listening to BSN podcasts and that's about it.

Renck & Klis are still the most plugged in for info and they get VJ/Elway insights.  I follow both on Twitter.  

Gotta plug one of our own - @champ11 contributes to a podcast (On The Rocks) that guys like @AnAngryAmerican vouch for.   I've listened seems very solid.  

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/on-the-rocks-sports/id1192823899

@Broncofan you're the man. I actually only listen to BSN as well. I think they are pretty unbiased and I appreciate their knowlege although I think Ryan is the only kinda entertaining one.

I think @AnAngryAmerican may know of a few more podcasts. But yeah I pretty much wanted to start mine because I think (BSN has been really good) that there isn't that much non-mainstream internet content when it comes to the Broncos. I mean, it's kinda crazy that this has been my go to spot for smart/fun broncos talk for a decade and we have like ~50 active members. 

19 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

On this podcast (at the 36:12 mark on the Wheel of Punishment segment), Dan Patrick and others discuss where Tom Brady may end his career:

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Dan-Patrick-Show---Hour-1---08-16-17

At the 37:51 mark, Patrick thinks that he may eventually end up in Denver. 

Why so he can improve his winning percentage in Denver? I mean by the time he's down, I expect him to be completely finished like PM finished.

14 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

On this podcast (at the 36:12 mark on the Wheel of Punishment segment), Dan Patrick and others discuss where Tom Brady may end his career:

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Dan-Patrick-Show---Hour-1---08-16-17

At the 37:51 mark, Patrick thinks that he may eventually end up in Denver. 

Considering we are the only team with a winning record against him, (I think?) I could honestly see it being more likely he goes to KC or SD just to try and beat us knowing his competitive streak.

Yeah I really like BSN, and not just BSN Broncos but all their coverage of Colorado teams, pro and college. 

I think the guys at Mile High Huddle, which is part of Scout.com which is somehow connected to CBS Sports, do an excellent job. I don't always agree with their analysis but they certainly approach from an unbiased, honest, professional perspective.

I second Troy Renck and Mike Klis, they're very well connected, and Sandy Clough on The Fan has been great for decades. I remember listening to him in the car when I was a little kid. All three aforementioned personalities are real journalists. 

Archived