Broncos QB Battle - Siemian it is

AnAngryAmerican

Who Wins the QB Battle?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the QB Battle?

• Trevor Siemian
    • Paxton Lynch

I feel like Lynch's trade value drops a round every time evaluators see him play. He looks terrible and everyone around the league knows he looks terrible. 

My eyes lit up a couple times seeing him get a clean pocket off a PA and then almost every time he'd inevitably scramble. I actually see quite a bit of Tebow in him, with significantly more arm talent obviously. 

It almost seems to me that Lynch should be shut down for the rest of the preseason.

Trevor Siemian is the guy now and he'll go through the regular season dress rehearsal with the 1's against the Packers on Saturday night. That will span the first half of the game and maybe even into the third quarter. After that, the final 5-6 quarters of the season feel like the audition for Kyle Sloter to prove he should be on the 53 rather than the practice squad.

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

It almost seems to me that Lynch should be shut down for the rest of the preseason.

Trevor Siemian is the guy now and he'll go through the regular season dress rehearsal with the 1's against the Packers on Saturday night. That will span the first half of the game and maybe even into the third quarter. After that, the final 5-6 quarters of the season feel like the audition for Kyle Sloter to prove he should be on the 53 rather than the practice squad.

I disagree I think Lynch should get a quarter against greenbay and a half the final game. 3 quarters is enough to see Sloter either you want him on the 53 or you don't. You don't hinder Lynch's reps and development just because. 

Even though Lynch didn't look good enough to be the starter I still saw some good things. I wanna see Lynch play free. I think that will be a guage on how far he's truly come. I think so far this season he's locked onto guys because he wants to make safe throws and easy throws. He was worried about the competition. I wanna see lynch play free these last 2 games.

After 2 games we have seen exactly the same Siemian than last year. Safe play , one read , no risk. He is a better passer right now than Lynch....sure.

But the OL is not enough to perform at a higher lever for him.

Lynch with his legs can be a x factor in this offense. He need to play to learn and have exactly the same chance to win with him than Siemian.

The upside exist fot Lynch not Siemian.

At the final Siemian win the job but lose after the bye

8 hours ago, French Fan said:

After 2 games we have seen exactly the same Siemian than last year. Safe play , one read , no risk. He is a better passer right now than Lynch....sure.

But the OL is not enough to perform at a higher lever for him.

Lynch with his legs can be a x factor in this offense. He need to play to learn and have exactly the same chance to win with him than Siemian.

The upside exist fot Lynch not Siemian.

At the final Siemian win the job but lose after the bye

The problem with that scenario is that Lynch will have had to shown a lot more progress by then, or our season will have to already be judged to be in the tank (or both obv).  At week 5 (8 weeks from now) and only 4 games in the books it's hard to see that happening given how flat Lynch's learning curve has been.  And unless we are 0-4 or 1-3 the season won't look in the tank. 

Midseason or 2018 seems like the best-case scenarios with him TBH - and worst-case is the light never comes on.    I'm obviously not hoping for the latter and we all have to keep in mind this was always the possibility when he came out of the Memphis system.   

Right now Siemian needs as much time with the 1s as possible to gel with the OL so they know his tendencies for pass pro and so he can also develop reps with the RB/TE's and whoever wins the 3-4 WR spots. That's the top priority.  

Sloter has been a great story but I really don't see a plausible path to the 53-man roster.   As well as he has played it's been vs. 2H preseason D's.   Keep in mind that while QB overall is thin 4+ teams are deliberately tanking for next year's class.  Sloter seems very safe for the PS and that's his best fit - also buys a year of service time if he spends 11 weeks there like it did for Siemian and Paradis.   Besides Lynch's price alone means Elway will see the investment through at least another year with Lynch as the 2.   

Given the above barring injury that I think it's the Siemian show until our playoff hopes are done.  With 4 out of our first 5 games at home and the @ game vs. BUF, we have to get off to a fast start to make the playoffs happen this year. 4-1 is the ideal (except for 5-0 obv) and Siemian at the helm gives us our best shot.  

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Hopefully we end the debate for week 1 later today...

Mike Klis (@MikeKlis)
Vance Joseph presser at 115 pm tomorrow. It would be huuuge letdown if he didn't announce starting QB. #ItsTime #WeAllSawIt #9sports

If Vance announces the QB competition is over, what's going to become of The Fan? :D

Archived