2018 NFL Draft Scouting Reports

klawler

Hey fellow Steelers Fans,

I would like to share with you my 30 page NFL Draft prospect scouting report pdf.  I spend quite a bit of time on different draft websites, doing mock drafts, watching tons of college football etc... So this document is a compilation of spider plots from https://www.mockdraftable.com/, pSPARQ ratings from https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/, scouting reports from http://walterfootball.com/index.php, player comparisons from various sources including myself and lastly the player rankings by position, all of which are how I view the prospects.  Feel free to save a copy of the pdf and review it over the next few days before the draft.  I've printed a few copies (11"x17") to have handy around the house.  Discussions are welcome although I may not be very active in posting.  I always appreciate everyone's input and will read your posts.  Thanks and Go Steelers!

klawler

Direct Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K3E3y-doBmFaywn_3AU6u5GJC7HF3f8E/view?usp=sharing

53 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Very nice. What percentage of your grading relies on your own game evaluation?

I'd say I watch about 50 or so college games per year plus I watch another 30-40 individual player Youtube highlight videos to get a better feel of impact plays and players.  My ratings will be very similar to a composite board (I'm no expert) but there's always a few players that stand out to me that have a 2-3 round grade and I think they kind of suck and vice versa.  You can see from the pdf some of the Walterfootball projections and how they differ from my ratings.  To answer your question I might change 15% up or down based on my own evaluation.  So much of my ratings rely on a player going to a system that they will excel in, which is definitely not always the case.  A lot of it is just me believing in a player too.

Top Prospects Love List

Josh Rosen

Josh Adams

Eq St. Brown

Christian Kirk

Kolton Miller

Braden Smith

Harold Landry

Da'Ron Payne

Harrison Phillips

LVE

Oren Burks

Shaun Dion Hamilton

Jack Cichy

Carlton Davis

M.J. Stewart

Derwin James

Marcus Allen

Top Prospects Hate List

All the other quarterbacks

Ronald Jones

Akrum Wadley

Calvin Ridley

James Washington

Michael Gallup

Martinas Rankin

Chukwuma Okorafor

Arden Key

Tim Settle

Darius Leonard

Mike Hughes

Kevin Toliver II

Ronnie Harrison

Jessie Bates

DeShon Elliott

1 hour ago, klawler said:

I'd say I watch about 50 or so college games per year plus I watch another 30-40 individual player Youtube highlight videos to get a better feel of impact plays and players.  My ratings will be very similar to a composite board (I'm no expert) but there's always a few players that stand out to me that have a 2-3 round grade and I think they kind of suck and vice versa.  You can see from the pdf some of the Walterfootball projections and how they differ from my ratings.  To answer your question I might change 15% up or down based on my own evaluation.  So much of my ratings rely on a player going to a system that they will excel in, which is definitely not always the case.  A lot of it is just me believing in a player too.

Top Prospects Love List

Josh Rosen

Josh Adams

Eq St. Brown

Christian Kirk

Kolton Miller

Braden Smith

Harold Landry

Da'Ron Payne

Harrison Phillips

LVE

Oren Burks

Shaun Dion Hamilton

Jack Cichy

Carlton Davis

M.J. Stewart

Derwin James

Marcus Allen

Top Prospects Hate List

All the other quarterbacks

Ronald Jones

Akrum Wadley

Calvin Ridley

James Washington

Michael Gallup

Martinas Rankin

Chukwuma Okorafor

Arden Key

Tim Settle

Darius Leonard

Mike Hughes

Kevin Toliver II

Ronnie Harrison

Jessie Bates

DeShon Elliott

One player we agree on is Braden Smith. Somehow I see him being an Eagle.

Archived