6. IND- Roquan Smith
7. TB- Saquon Barkley

***Bears trade 8 to Buffalo for 12 and 53***

8. BUF- Josh Rosen
9. SF- Minkah Fitzpatrick
10. OAK- Vita Vea
11. MIA- Derwin James

12. Tremaine Edmunds, ILB/EDGE, Virginia Tech
---The options here are really Davenport or Edmunds, IMO. I think Pace has fallen in love with Edmunds, whether it be his age (19), length & athleticism, and/or the potential that Fangio can mold him not only into a great ILB but a threat off of the edge.

39. Billy Price, G/C, Ohio State
---This fits the norm for Pace- big time athlete in round 1, safe & established football player in round 2. Price would have been a top 25 pick if it wasn't for his injury at the combine, and this obviously fills a huge need on the iOL for the Bears.

53. Arden Key, EDGE, LSU
---My guy! Key can be a dominant edge rusher. He is dynamic. Questions about his character are concerning, but nobody has questioned his love of football. With a growing, young leadership presently in place on the defensive side of the ball (Amukamara, Trevathan, Hicks), Fangio and the aforementioned leadership could be just the locker room that keeps him in line & allows him to realize his potential.

105. PJ Hall, DL, Sam Houston State
---What's a Ryan Pace draft without a small school stud? Hall had 14 career blocked kicks, and as a senior alone, he had 19 TFL, 6 sacks, and 6 PBU's. He ran a 4.7 40 AT 308 POUNDS and his vertical was 38". He can squat SEVEN HUNDRED POUNDS. A great player who can immediately fill in anywhere on the DL (except nose) and can contribute right away on special teams. IMO, he has a lot of Aaron Donald in him.

115. Uchenna Nwosu, EDGE/ILB, USC
---Nwosu was nothing but a playmaker at Southern Cal. Not only was he a true leader, but he backed up his talk on the field- tackled everyone, forced turnovers, and deflected passes better than maybe anyone in college football. His H/W came back better than expected (6'3, 255) at the combine. Nwosu, Key, Hicks, Goldman, Hall and Floyd. If that doesn't strike fear into opposing OC's, nothing will.

145. Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa
---Where there's smoke, there's fire. While I don't believe Howard will be traded yet, I do believe he isn't long for this offense. Wadley isn't a 20-30 carry guy by any stretch, but neither is Cohen, so one injury to Howard and they'll need a somewhat between-the-tackles runner. Also, I believe Cohen is destined for a lot of work out of the slot, and so Wadley makes a ton of sense as an occasional RB but also has tremendous value as a pass catcher; his hands are great for an RB.

181. JC Jackson, CB, Maryland
---Physical, yes, but Jackson's athleticism wasn't as impressive in workouts as it seemed to be on tape. Off the field issues don't help his cause. He can also stand to grow and get stronger, but for now, he's going to be CB depth and ST help.

224. Robert Foster, WR, Alabama
---Foster never became the player people thought he would coming out of high school. I wanted a WR higher, but after the Fowler signing, they can afford to wait and take a flier on a late round guy who didn't produce much, perhaps due to small opportunity at the best football program in the nation.

The Bears better hope that lack of instincts can be taught. From watching Edmunds he is very much a boom or bust prospect. If he plays up to the skills he could be an all-pro. Overall a good mock draft for the Bears. i wouldn't be shocked if the Giants take Barkley.

1 hour ago, TB 1 said:

The Bears better hope that lack of instincts can be taught. From watching Edmunds he is very much a boom or bust prospect. If he plays up to the skills he could be an all-pro. Overall a good mock draft for the Bears. i wouldn't be shocked if the Giants take Barkley.

I doubt they take a QB, but that’s what I’d do. They’ll never pick this high again.

If the Bears did trade with the Bills I would hope that Pace would get the #22 pick as well. That would allow him to double down on a defensive player or maybe a wr that he likes while addressing the OL in the second round. Solid mock IMO.

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Man, everyone else posts a mock and gets atleast a few responses, if not onto page 2. I do one and I get one comment directly O.o

Half of those posts are tangential to the mock anyway. 

Nice work. Realistic trade. Like the guys you have us taking. Not a huge fan of Wadley because I don’t see him profiling as a guy who could handle starter reps, but 100% agree with the need for another RB and where you’re taking one. 

I like it, especially the first several

Edmunds is my number 2 behind Davenport, and that fluctuates

Price obviously I'm high on

Key has the talent of a top 10 pick, if Fangio can work with him he can be a threat on the edge

Hall is a 3T to me. I think he is a mismatch in the defense, but in nickel he is ideal to onegap. Then and he and Bullard can let Hicks and Goldman get a breath.

I like Nwosu as an ILB more than a full-time EDGE. He can occasionally rush the passer or be an OLB in the Acho role.

Wadley and Jackson I have no idea of really.

I remember wanting Foster to go to Florida, forgot about him entirely. Worth a shot in the 7th even if he is just a returner.

7 hours ago, Pdogg said:

If the Bears did trade with the Bills I would hope that Pace would get the #22 pick as well. That would allow him to double down on a defensive player or maybe a wr that he likes while addressing the OL in the second round. Solid mock IMO.

Be careful, @beardown3231 yelled at me over my trade... :D

I like this draft. Decent value for a trade back, and we still land a solid player who has a chance to develop into something great. I have a feeling Pace is also taking a long look at Harold Landry with their first pick. Very polished pass rusher. Aside from the first pick being up in the air the rest of this mock address some key areas with good positional value.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I’d be fine with 8 and 105 for 12 and 22, but you also had the Bears giving up a 3rd next year too.

Bud I was playing. That was a tongue-in cheek kind of comment from me. lol

I like the debating on this forum, nothing wrong with us having a different view on the picks' values.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Bud I was playing. That was a tongue-in cheek kind of comment from me. lol

I like the debating on this forum, nothing wrong with us having a different view on the picks' values.

Hey I didn’t cuss or anything! I know it was a fun jab

I do like to look at the personnel possibilities. 

Our all out pass rush could be 

Floyd - Lynch (3T) - Key - Nwosu

Sucks vs the run but on 3rd and 9+ that is a lot of speed and explosiveness. Add in Edmunds being able to rush if the HB stays into block and there is going to be a ton of pressure. Or RRH,  Goldman, or Hall can rotate around as well. 

Archived