Division Rivals - Worst Case Scenarios

HTTRDynasty

What are the realistic worst case scenarios you fear your division rivals will do in the draft next week?

For me:

Giants: If the Browns idiotically draft Allen over Darnold, and the best QB in the draft falls right into their laps.  Equally unappealing is the Giants getting a huge haul (multiple firsts this year and high picks the next two years) in a trade back with the Bills.  I hope they take Chubb or Barkley.

Dallas: Somehow having Derwin James fall to them, or drafting Vea without trading up.

Philadelphia: Having Guice fall to them at #32.

49ers fan: 

Cardinals: Make a jump up in the draft and get Josh Rosen. It wouldn't be immediate (they'll go with Bradford to start), but long term, I would hate this. And if we do see some sort of slide by Rosen, I don't think that this is out of the realm of possibility at all. 

Seahawks:  I don't know. I don't think that there's a worse case here. Nelson is gone here, and they don't really have the firepower to trade up. They could use an offensive lineman here, but there's really none that stand out more than the others. Nelson isn't going to fall that far, and then after that you have a lot of guys you can make the justification for as the next best, and odds are that one if not all of them are available here. There's just nobody that really scares me...maybe Josh Jackson? That's a pretty picture perfect fit with regards to defensive scheme. 

Rams: They don't have picks in the first two rounds, so not much to be worried about in the immediate future, but I think the pick that I wouldn't want them to see made that could potentially happen would be Kemoko Turay? 

Chiefs - I don't believe they have a first rounder this year due to the Mahomes trade. But I would hate it if they continued to add more speed to that offense that Im already scared of. 

Broncos - They pick at 5 so Im already resigned to the fact that they're going to get a good player. Theres a very real possibility that they will end up with either the best offensive player in the draft (Barkley) or the the best defensive prospect.

Chargers - I would hate if they somehow ended up with Vea. Their dline is already a freaking handful to handle, I don't want to see them get Vea to free up Bosa and Ingram to make even more plays.

19 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Broncos - They pick at 5 so Im already resigned to the fact that they're going to get a good player. Theres a very real possibility that they will end up with either the best offensive player in the draft (Barkley) or the the best defensive prospect.

Would you prefer they get one of those two guys, or get two first rounders for the pick? 

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would you prefer they get one of those two guys, or get two first rounders for the pick? 

I would prefer they get the two first round picks. John Elway, IMO, is overrated as a GM and isn't a great drafter. His best pick was Von Miller and he was an obvious guaranteed-to-be stud in 2011. I would like it if they moved back and moved out of the obvious stud guys range.

This is a fascinating concept. I've thought about it each and every draft day. As a Browns fan, I often see the Steelers/Ravens/Bengals take guys that I had really liked. I think the big one for me would be the Steelers grabbing Mike Hughes. I'd definitely be upset if I saw that go down.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

49ers fan: 

Cardinals: Make a jump up in the draft and get Josh Rosen. It wouldn't be immediate (they'll go with Bradford to start), but long term, I would hate this. And if we do see some sort of slide by Rosen, I don't think that this is out of the realm of possibility at all. 

Where does Rosen rank in your QB rankings? 

19 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Where does Rosen rank in your QB rankings? 

I have him #4, but they are all pretty close relatively speaking. Obviously he's not like your typical #4 quarterback in any given draft. He's pro ready, but I do have a little concern that he's a bit maxed out. He doesn't have nearly the upside of the other three to me, and I think he may be a little more offensively limited schematically. He's not athletic, I don't love him in certain passing schemes. Injuries are a  little bit of a concern. I don't see a guy that has the potential to be a consistent top 5 quarterback in the league (maybe a season where he's a top 5 quarterback, but nothing consistent), and I wouldn't at all be shocked if his career trajectory is quarterback purgatory. For as much grief as we give Andy Dalton, it's actually not the easiest thing to draft an Andy Dalton, and nobody is happy with Dalton but you can't just replace that either. . It wouldn't be a shock at all to me if that's where Rosen's career ends up. 

I think he's the most likely quarterback to drop into that 7-10 range where Arizona may feel comfortable giving up the assets to acquire him as the cost wouldn't be crazy prohibitive, which is why I named him specifically. But he absolutely could be that franchise quarterback, and as a niner's fan, I'd rather not take that chance on a division rival lol

They all pick so low that it's hard to care that much lol.  I guess I'd be kinda frightened if the Titans got Harold Landry, and it would also suck if the Jags got a beast OL like Wynn or Hernandez.  Texans can take whoever they want in the third.  I guess I'd prefer it if they didn't get one of the top TEs.

Bears-Any Edge player we would need more anyway. Whether it be Landry Davenport or somehow Chubb. Ward would blow too.

Lions-I can’t really think of anything in the first round that would bother me too much with them. However I’d hate seeing them get Gesicki or Goedtert to replace Ebron in round 2. 

Vikings-They’re in great position to land one of Wynn or Hernandez, who would solidify their line as an upper echelon unit for the foreseeable future. Doing this would make them an extremely difficult team to beat (not that they’re not that already). I’m hoping they take another corner, preferably Josh Jackson if he falls that far.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I have him #4, but they are all pretty close relatively speaking.

I think he's the most likely quarterback to drop into that 7-10 range where Arizona may feel comfortable giving up the assets to acquire him as the cost wouldn't be crazy prohibitive, which is why I named him specifically. But he absolutely could be that franchise quarterback, and as a niner's fan, I'd rather not take that chance on a division rival lol

So if he's your #4 QB, and you think he has a chance to become a upper echelon Franchise type guy - is this the best QB class you've evaluated? 

Archived