1 Round Quick Mock no Trades

badgers0821

6 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Mahomes was also mad accurate. 

11 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Allen as makes Mahones look like Luck as a prospect 

Both of these things are false.  I want Sam Darnold, but I'm good enough at watching tape to know that these two things aren't true. Josh Allen is not nearly as bad as people think he is, nor is Sam Darnold as amazing as people think he is. Sam is my #1, but Browns fans are obnoxiously overrating the suck of Allen and the godliness of Darnold.

14 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

well for starters we are locked into 2 Years of Bortles and we are essentially starting to get into some "cap problems" so the window is closing sooner then later unless we keep replacing expensive guys with cheaper guys.  you also have the Proven fact Tom Coughlin doesnt draft Underclassmen QBs.   a Better RG will make Fournette that much better and takes more off the Bortles Passing Attack. 

Sounds reasonable...the funny thing is no one wants to take Jackson in the 1st but I'd be surprised if he slipped to the 2nd

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Both of these things are false.  I want Sam Darnold, but I'm good enough at watching tape to know that these two things aren't true. Josh Allen is not nearly as bad as people think he is, nor is Sam Darnold as amazing as people think he is. Sam is my #1, but Browns fans are obnoxiously overrating the suck of Allen and the godliness of Darnold.

So you’re telling me Allen is just as accurate as Darnold or Mahomes?  Come on man I’m actually one of the few in here that has stuck up for Allen but that simply wouldn’t be true. 

Im good at watching film too.   **As I pat myself on the back**

25 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

So you’re telling me Allen is just as accurate as Darnold or Mahomes?  Come on man I’m actually one of the few in here that has stuck up for Allen but that simply wouldn’t be true. 

Im good at watching film too.   **As I pat myself on the back**

Darnold's way more accurate. But Mahomes? No. Mahomes had a better completion percentage in college playing in a wide open QB-friendly spread system not dissimilar from Mayfield's Oklahoma scheme. But when it comes to making accurate throws, Mahomes is not better than Allen. Maybe the same, but I wouldn't put Mahomes over Allen in terms of accuracy.

I'm taking Josh Allen over Pat Mahomes 100x out of 100.

My response was more me saying, "Mahomes isn't as good as people apparently believe" rather than saying Allen is accurate btw. Accuracy is a big red flag for Josh, but it's not nearly as damning as the completion percentage numbers make it seem.

7 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Absolutely, he traded up to get him and gave up a future 1st round pick...not seeing how you are missing the logic here.

That is not at all obvious, he traded up but that doesn't mean he'd have taken Mahomes over other QB's that were also available in that draft.   BTW this is still not an apples to apples comparison Mahomes was graded more highly. 

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Darnold's way more accurate. But Mahomes? No. Mahomes had a better completion percentage in college playing in a wide open QB-friendly spread system not dissimilar from Mayfield's Oklahoma scheme. But when it comes to making accurate throws, Mahomes is not better than Allen. Maybe the same, but I wouldn't put Mahomes over Allen in terms of accuracy.

I'm taking Josh Allen over Pat Mahomes 100x out of 100.

My response was more me saying, "Mahomes isn't as good as people apparently believe" rather than saying Allen is accurate btw. Accuracy is a big red flag for Josh, but it's not nearly as damning as the completion percentage numbers make it seem.

I still disagree about Mahomes, but you’re spot on with Allen. I reference his 58% completion percentage of his bowl game all the time. He played far better than the numbers. But it is a flaw and hopefully he shows out in the nfl. 

9 hours ago, The OUTLAW said:

That is not at all obvious, he traded up but that doesn't mean he'd have taken Mahomes over other QB's that were also available in that draft.   BTW this is still not an apples to apples comparison Mahomes was graded more highly. 

Mahomes was the 2nd QB taken, the only other one to move up for was Trubisky, so at the very least he was his second rated QB if not #1...

Archived