Pre-Draft Mock

Lil' Shorty

Final Mock before the draft:

Round 1:

1. Browns: Sam Darnold, QB / USC

2. Giants: Saquan Barkley, RB / Penn St.

3. Jets: Baker Mayfield, QB / Oklahoma

4. Browns: Bradley Chubb, DE / NC State

5. Broncos: Josh Allen, QB / Wyoming

6. Colts: Quinten Nelson, OG / Notre Dame

7. [TRADE from TB] Bills: Josh Rosen, QB / UCLA

8. Bears: Tremaine Edmunds, LB / Virginia Tech

9. 49ers: Roquan Smith, LB / Georgia

10. Raiders: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB / Alabama

11. Dolphins: Vita Vea, DT / Washington

12. [TRADE from Buf] Bucs: Derwin James, S / Florida St.

Future leader of the Bucs defense and enforcing S on the back end. He will be best used a an enforcer, blitzer, mismatch player covering the Gronks of the world. Center field responsibilities will be left to Justin Evans.

…..

22. Bucs: Sony Michel, RB / Georgia

Have the Bucs had a private visit with Michel? I don’t think that matters. College tape and undeniable game speed, agility, and strength have him atop the Bucs board but, his pass blocking is superior to other RBs in this draft and that is what has caught Koetter and Licht’s eye and caused them to make Michel the second RB taken.

Round 2:

33. [TRADE from Cle] Bucs: Will Hernandez, OG / UTEP

The team is high on Austin Corbett and Billy Price, but Hernandez is a true G and is an ironman of the position. Having a nasty streek and playing his entire career at LG, this is a plug and play for the Bucs that has very little risk. This allows Marpet to move back to his natural RG position. We made the trade up with concerns that with Hernandez still being on the board later than expected, the Giants would make the pick at 34.

Round 3:

96. [Trade from Buf] Bucs: Nyheim Hines, RB / NC State

Replaces Sims as the 3rd down back and forms a deadly combination with Michel. Plays with power and speed to become a matchup nightmare for defenses, especially considering the strength of Tampa’s interior line.

Round 5:

144. Bucs: Parry Nickerson, CB / Tulane

He’s a ballhawk and fits right into our defense. Undersized and in the mold of Brent Grimes with blazing speed. Not afraid to get his hands dirty and does a solid job on 50/50 balls and tracking deep passes.

Round 6:

180: Bucs: Kendrick Norton, DT / Miami FL

Could be off the board at the top of the 5th but for the purpose of this mock draft, I say he slips to the top of the 6th. We have worked out Norton and want him in a rotation with Beau Allen. He poses as a great run stuffer though doesn’t offer a lot of a pass rush.

184 [Trade from SF]. Bucs: Marcell Frazier, DE / Missouri

High motor and lots of productivity who’s skill set fit into a 4-3. He could be off the board in the 5th round so Tampa is ecstatic to get him in the 6th and didn’t think he’d last to their original 202nd pick.

Trade Summary:

1. Bucs & Bills: Bills get pick number 7 at a much lower cost than Denver or Indianapolis was charging for them to trade up. Bucs get pick 12, 22 and 96 (bottom of 3rd round).

2. Bucs & Browns: Browns get picks 38 and 102 (4th round) and Bucs get 33 to get their future OG solidifying their interior line.

3. Bucs & 49ers: 49ers get picks 202 and 255. Bucs get pick 184.

18 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

No way bills send us two first round picks and a 3rd to move up from 12 to 7. Not a chance.  

A top signal caller is still on the board about 5 picks longer than he should be, just based on talent. Your organization has no issues with his outspokenness and the other option is to stay put and possibly enter the season with Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron. I’m trading away the extra 3rd to make the move. A 3rd that’s at the bottom of the round mind you. The price to trade with Denver or Indy would be far more. By no means is it out of the realm of possibility.

Just now, Lil' Shorty said:

A top signal caller is still on the board about 5 picks longer than he should be, just based on talent. Your organization has no issues with his outspokenness and the other option is to stay put and possibly enter the season with Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron. I’m trading away the extra 3rd to make the move. A 3rd that’s at the bottom of the round mind you. The price to trade with Denver or Indy would be far more. By no means is it out of the realm of possibility.

The fact they would be sending 2 top 25 picks is steep enough which is more than fair. Moving up from 12 to 5 would probably cost an extra 4th or maybe 3rd. 

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

The fact they would be sending 2 top 25 picks is steep enough which is more than fair. Moving up from 12 to 5 would probably cost an extra 4th or maybe 3rd. 

Ehh. Agree to disagree. Trading up for a perceived franchise QB has a trade value chart all it’s own.

6 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Ehh. Agree to disagree. Trading up for a perceived franchise QB has a trade value chart all it’s own.

When have you seen a team move up 5 slots outside of the top 5 even give up two first round picks for a qb? 

What did the jets give up in 09 for Sanchez? 1st second and three scrubs to the 5th or 6th pick ? 

I get it. The redskins set the tone when they over paid drastically to get to 2. 

The fact that the bills in this instance giving up 2 first round picks is a hefty price. To give up a day two on top of that is not realistic. 

18 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

6 to 3 vs. 7-12 is different on the value chart. We’re talking #12 and 23rd overall. 

I know. And three seconds and a first to move up three spots is ~800 points over the trade value chart we all reference. 800 points is the 21st pick in the first round. So we really don't know jack when it comes to the actual value teams have for draft picks. ?

That, and at that point, you're not trading for a draft pick. You're trading for an actual player. Which I'm sure changes things drastically.

34 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I know. And three seconds and a first to move up three spots is ~800 points over the trade value chart we all reference. 800 points is the 21st pick in the first round. So we really don't know jack when it comes to the actual value teams have for draft picks. ?

That, and at that point, you're not trading for a draft pick. You're trading for an actual player. Which I'm sure changes things drastically.

I mean we’ll see. It all depends on who’s there. 

I am for a trade down if the top 3 are off the board but it all depends if Rosen is highly coveted by the bills. I thought they liked josh Allen so if they pay that price point to move to 7 they may shell out 12, 23, and their 3rd and a pick next year to Cleveland at 4. 

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I mean we’ll see. It all depends on who’s there. 

I am for a trade down if the top 3 are off the board but it all depends if Rosen is highly coveted by the bills. I thought they liked josh Allen so if they pay that price point to move to 7 they may shell out 12, 23, and their 3rd and a pick next year to Cleveland at 4. 

It's impossible to really tell what's gonna happen. Cleveland could shake up the top of the draft if they take Allen over Darnold. The Giants can change the top of the draft by taking Barkley/Chubb/Darnold/another QB. The Jets are really the only safe bet for Mayfield, in my opinion.

And I agree. I'd like to trade down too.

On 4/21/2018 at 6:34 PM, Lil' Shorty said:

Final Mock before the draft:

Round 1:

1. Browns: Sam Darnold, QB / USC

2. Giants: Saquan Barkley, RB / Penn St.

3. Jets: Baker Mayfield, QB / Oklahoma

4. Browns: Bradley Chubb, DE / NC State

5. Broncos: Josh Allen, QB / Wyoming

6. Colts: Quinten Nelson, OG / Notre Dame

7. [TRADE from TB] Bills: Josh Rosen, QB / UCLA

8. Bears: Tremaine Edmunds, LB / Virginia Tech

9. 49ers: Roquan Smith, LB / Georgia

10. Raiders: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB / Alabama

11. Dolphins: Vita Vea, DT / Washington

12. [TRADE from Buf] Bucs: Derwin James, S / Florida St.

Future leader of the Bucs defense and enforcing S on the back end. He will be best used a an enforcer, blitzer, mismatch player covering the Gronks of the world. Center field responsibilities will be left to Justin Evans.

…..

22. Bucs: Sony Michel, RB / Georgia

Have the Bucs had a private visit with Michel? I don’t think that matters. College tape and undeniable game speed, agility, and strength have him atop the Bucs board but, his pass blocking is superior to other RBs in this draft and that is what has caught Koetter and Licht’s eye and caused them to make Michel the second RB taken.

Round 2:

33. [TRADE from Cle] Bucs: Will Hernandez, OG / UTEP

The team is high on Austin Corbett and Billy Price, but Hernandez is a true G and is an ironman of the position. Having a nasty streek and playing his entire career at LG, this is a plug and play for the Bucs that has very little risk. This allows Marpet to move back to his natural RG position. We made the trade up with concerns that with Hernandez still being on the board later than expected, the Giants would make the pick at 34.

Round 3:

96. [Trade from Buf] Bucs: Nyheim Hines, RB / NC State

Replaces Sims as the 3rd down back and forms a deadly combination with Michel. Plays with power and speed to become a matchup nightmare for defenses, especially considering the strength of Tampa’s interior line.

Round 5:

144. Bucs: Parry Nickerson, CB / Tulane

He’s a ballhawk and fits right into our defense. Undersized and in the mold of Brent Grimes with blazing speed. Not afraid to get his hands dirty and does a solid job on 50/50 balls and tracking deep passes.

Round 6:

180: Bucs: Kendrick Norton, DT / Miami FL

Could be off the board at the top of the 5th but for the purpose of this mock draft, I say he slips to the top of the 6th. We have worked out Norton and want him in a rotation with Beau Allen. He poses as a great run stuffer though doesn’t offer a lot of a pass rush.

184 [Trade from SF]. Bucs: Marcell Frazier, DE / Missouri

High motor and lots of productivity who’s skill set fit into a 4-3. He could be off the board in the 5th round so Tampa is ecstatic to get him in the 6th and didn’t think he’d last to their original 202nd pick.

Trade Summary:

1. Bucs & Bills: Bills get pick number 7 at a much lower cost than Denver or Indianapolis was charging for them to trade up. Bucs get pick 12, 22 and 96 (bottom of 3rd round).

2. Bucs & Browns: Browns get picks 38 and 102 (4th round) and Bucs get 33 to get their future OG solidifying their interior line.

3. Bucs & 49ers: 49ers get picks 202 and 255. Bucs get pick 184.

There is no way the Buffalo would move to 7 virtually guaranteeing they do not the get the QB.  By 7 he is gone and there is zero value to them.  Here is a question from a Bronco fan.  There is a good chance that the Broncos do this deal with Buffalo, because at 5 it is likely that two of the QBs are there.  So we are the team with 12 and 22 and in my scenario an additional 2nd Rounder in exchange for a couple of our picks.

If you were in fact dealing with us, we could provide 1.12 (1,200) and 2.40 (500) and a 4th next year (90) for 1.7 (1700). 

You essentially get the fair value to move back and get one of 3 very good DB's in Derwin James, Denzel Ward and Minkah Fitzpatrick. And 1.22 for Sony Michel is too high.  He, or Chubb will for sure be there at 2.40.

Thoughts?

On 4/22/2018 at 1:23 PM, REDandPEWTER said:

In Bronco Country, it would look like this:

Broncos get 1.12, 1.22, 2.56  Buffalo gets 1.5, 3.99 and a future 3rd or 4th. 

Then, you have a team that can work with you at 7 fairly.  You would go from 7 to 12 for a DB and pick up 2.40.

Doubt we get that extra third in that Bills trade. I also hate the idea of spending two high picks on RB. If we spend a first on a RB he needs to be the workhorse. Michel has the frame to sustain 18-20 carries a game. Use that third round pick on a CB. I do like the draft though other than that 3rd rnd selection.

Archived