+All around athleticism 40: 4.64,
Vert: 36', Broad: 119'

2nd(45): CB Carlton Davis
+Extreme length: 6'1 32'3/4 Arms
+Press ability
+Productive passes defended
+Solid athlete for size/length: 40: 4.53, Vert: 34', Broad: 124'

2nd(63): S/Star Jessie Bates
(We trade our 3rd (76) and 4th (101) for NE's 2nd (63))
+Strong athleticism: 40: 4.50, Vert:35.5'
+Ball skills
+3-Cone is CB-like: 6.78
+Man cover abilities in slot

4th(120): OL Brandon Parker
(We trade our 5th (138) and our 6th  (186) for Seattle's 4th (120))
+Height/length 6'7 
+3 year LT starter
+Good agility 3-Cone 7.82

4th(133): WR Cedrick Wilson
+Good athlete: Vert: 37', Broad: 121', 3-Cone: 6.89
+Size: 6'3
+Production
+Route running
+Return ability
+Relatively new to the position (former QB)
+Bloodlines(Father played WR in NFL 7 years)

5th(172): TE Tyler Conklin
+High end timed athlete: 40: 4.80, Vert: 38', Broad: 120', 3-Cone: 7.13
+2016 film reflects timed numbers
+Former Basketball player
+Hands Catcher

5th(174): CB Greg Stroman
+Height/Length: 6'0
+Solid athlete
+Man cover ability
+Ball skills
+Return ability

6th(207): EDGE Jacob Martin
+Athleticism/Bend: 40: 4.59, Vert: 34'1/2, Broad: 10'01, 3-Cone: 6.90
+Team leader
+Pass rush production

7th(232): OL Elijah Nkansah
+Size: 6'5 34' arms
+LT in college
+Athleticism: 40: 5.09, 3-Cone: 7.51

7th(239): WR: Keith Kirkwood
+Size: 6'02 221 lb
+Atheticism: 40: 4.45, Vert: 35', Broad: 10'05, 3-Cone: 6.94
+Team leader
+Strong hands/Body control: Former Basketball player
+Took some snaps at LB: Special Teams?

10 minutes ago, Lieker said:

Let's hear some feedback guys. Good fits? Realistic picks? 

Worst mock ever!!

I'd love the first two picks. I flat out don't know jack this year beyond most top 50 guys

47 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Worst mock ever!!

I'd love the first two picks. I flat out don't know jack this year beyond most top 50 guys

Thanks for the feedback. We still have 5 days until the draft. Plenty of time to catch up on the rest. I just research players that fit the packer size/athletic profile. 3-Cone is my main filter for most positions.

3 minutes ago, Lieker said:

Thanks for the feedback. We still have 5 days until the draft. Plenty of time to catch up on the rest. I just research players that fit the packer size/athletic profile. 3-Cone is my main filter for most positions.

I'm gonna be alone all week in our building at work and we have a Chromecast. I think I'm gonna watch breakdown videos as much as I can, cuz why not. Time to cram.

Love your 3 cone theory. Not just because we use it just because it flat out seems to work, and I normally hate that kind of **** honestly. Part of me wishes none of the measurement stuff existed lol. I'm not saying it's smart but I just think it goes way too far. It tricks me and others into thinking good athletes are better football players than they are 

8 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm gonna be alone all week in our building at work and we have a Chromecast. I think I'm gonna watch breakdown videos as much as I can, cuz why not. Time to cram.

Love your 3 cone theory. Not just because we use it just because it flat out seems to work, and I normally hate that kind of **** honestly. Part of me wishes none of the measurement stuff existed lol. I'm not saying it's smart but I just think it goes way too far. It tricks me and others into thinking good athletes are better football players than they are 

Change of direction might be the most important athletic skill at the combine honestly. It doesn't guarantee you're a good football player. But it's tough to be a high end player without at least solid COD. 3-Cone and size thresholds are probably the most important predictors when trying to figure out Packer picks. But who knows, new GM could mean new thresholds and preferences in player types. That's what makes this draft that much more interesting than previous years. That and picking as high as we are. 

7 minutes ago, Lieker said:

Change of direction might be the most important athletic skill at the combine honestly. It doesn't guarantee you're a good football player. But it's tough to be a high end player without at least solid COD. 3-Cone and size thresholds are probably the most important predictors when trying to figure out Packer picks. But who knows, new GM could mean new thresholds and preferences in player types. That's what makes this draft that much more interesting than previous years. That and picking as high as we are. 

Outside of QB and kickers. It's pretty damn fundamental to about anything. Even interior lineman. The only thing that skews it is maybe some guys don't have the right guys coaching them for it leading up. 

I've never done a 3 cone, obviously, but I guess it's not all pure natural ability. But these days you'd think most guys, even UDFAs are being shown how correctly.

Picking at 14 is more exciting but I honestly am a little scared at what's at that second tier. There's a touch of drop I don't like depending on what happens before us.

Gonna be fun though

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Outside of QB and kickers. It's pretty damn fundamental to about anything. Even interior lineman. The only thing that skews it is maybe some guys don't have the right guys coaching them for it leading up. 

I've never done a 3 cone, obviously, but I guess it's not all pure natural ability. But these days you'd think most guys, even UDFAs are being shown how correctly.

Picking at 14 is more exciting but I honestly am a little scared at what's at that second tier. There's a touch of drop I don't like depending on what happens before us.

Gonna be fun though

You can practice the 3-cone and other agility drills, athletic drills.  Coaching and refining technique can help, but you can't change the athleticism much.  You either have it or you don't.  

Now, there certainly can be players that test better than they really are, and become better athletes than football players.  But I think it is harder to be a good football player as a bad athlete.  

I like it a lot. We probably don’t have the ammo—if we stay at 14–to trade up far enough from our pick in the second to get another player from our first round tier. I think NE might make that trade and the resulting slot DB looks intriguing.

I can’t see Seattle wanting to move even that modest amount back for just a 5th.

In the end, I would be pleased if GB’s draft mirrored where you grabbed players positionally, and I would be stoked to study selected players and see a commitment to speed/quickness/size. 

Ehh...I looked at the trades again and I’ll bet their both pretty close on the chart. NE’s deal still seems more plausible given that 101 is coveted. 

That Kirkwood is kind of a tank. I wonder if he’s got a bit of Ty Montgomery to his game. 

12 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Ehh...I looked at the trades again and I’ll bet their both pretty close on the chart. NE’s deal still seems more plausible given that 101 is coveted. 

That Kirkwood is kind of a tank. I wonder if he’s got a bit of Ty Montgomery to his game. 

They were extremely close on the value chart. I looked for teams that were close in point value to what I was offering and who have very few picks in the draft. Both teams fit the criteria.

Yeah he's definitely an intriguing prospect from a H/W/S perspective. Productive at Temple too. Had a good amount of 20+ yard plays too (27% of catches). Could be a good downfield threat. Also was asked to play LB a bit. With that athleticism, size, and experience at LB we could have our new Janis.

I believe we met with Kirkwood and the DT Jullian Taylor at the Temple pro day. The EDGE Jacob Martin in my Mock is a Temple guy too.

Well I do know some things about some of the other guys and I don't think Wilson will last until the 4th. Great production in a pass-happy offense at BSU and was basically their go-to guy. If he's a tick quicker and maybe have played against slightly tougher competition, I think he's at least a top-50 player. That said, I wouldn't be trading my 3rd away to move up and pick 76 would be a good spot to take him. My one concern with this draft is drafting a guy to play the "star" role. Not sure if we're still going to have that type of role for out DB's necessarily. I think we will all have a better clue as to what Pettine will do a year from now.

That all said, I like the balance of this mock in regards to whose taken when and I think Conklin may be a sleeper as well from what I've read of him. Wouldn't mind taking a flier on Maclin either.

26 minutes ago, Joe said:

Well I do know some things about some of the other guys and I don't think Wilson will last until the 4th. Great production in a pass-happy offense at BSU and was basically their go-to guy. If he's a tick quicker and maybe have played against slightly tougher competition, I think he's at least a top-50 player. That said, I wouldn't be trading my 3rd away to move up and pick 76 would be a good spot to take him. My one concern with this draft is drafting a guy to play the "star" role. Not sure if we're still going to have that type of role for out DB's necessarily. I think we will all have a better clue as to what Pettine will do a year from now.

That all said, I like the balance of this mock in regards to whose taken when and I think Conklin may be a sleeper as well from what I've read of him. Wouldn't mind taking a flier on Maclin either.

Wilson definitely could go in the 3rd. Thing is, this draft is deep in WR's who are projected in the 2nd-4th round. Some will drop into the 4th round range. I based availability off of NFL.com's Lance Zierlein. 4th-5th was his projection.

Thanks for the feedback.

Archived