Day 1 NFL Draft Discussion - NO SPOILERS

zelbell

45 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:
1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Really?!?!

Over Tyrod?

Yes. IF he gets used to the nfl speed. I’m worried about that coming from his schemed wide open offense. 

"IF" Baker is the pick, I would want him to start right away.  He's 23 and has had 3 1/2 years of starting experience.  If I'm not mistaken, he is supposedly the most "ready" of all the QB's to play.  If he can digest a playbook as quickly as advertised, he should be able to get the Browns playbook down quickly and overtake Tyrod like Russell Wilson did in Seattle over free agent signee Matt Flynn.

Peace!!!

1 minute ago, cortes02 said:

"IF" Baker is the pick, I would want him to start right away.  He's 23 and has had 3 1/2 years of starting experience.  If I'm not mistaken, he is supposedly the most "ready" of all the QB's to play.  If he can digest a playbook as quickly as advertised, he should be able to get the Browns playbook down quickly and overtake Tyrod like Russell Wilson did in Seattle over free agent signee Matt Flynn.

Peace!!!

I don’t disagree, but it would go against everything they’ve said thus far.

Which, on a side note, makes me think it was, and still is, Darnold.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t disagree, but it would go against everything they’ve said thus far.

Which, on a side note, makes me think it was, and still is, Darnold.

Dude... everyone on the planet knows it's Baker now... it's leaking out b/c the organization has to do PR control...

Allbright says it's Baker, Daniel Jeremiah, Joe Thomas, Mayock, even Kiper switched up.... all because they heard that's going to be the pick...

John Dorsey was the worst hire we've ever made... all he had to do was turn in the paper with Darnold's name on it... instead he used his meathead brain together with McCloughan's destroyed liver to pass on first ballot HOFer Sam Darnold...

19 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Peace!!!

Digesting the playbook isn’t the key. I’m confident any of the big 3 will easily digest it. When Mayfield goes up against nfl defenses without his college offense will be the key. See his Georgia game. 

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Dude... everyone on the planet knows it's Baker now... it's leaking out b/c the organization has to do PR control...

Allbright says it's Baker, Daniel Jeremiah, Joe Thomas, Mayock, even Kiper switched up.... all because they heard that's going to be the pick...

John Dorsey was the worst hire we've ever made... all he had to do was turn in the paper with Darnold's name on it... instead he used his meathead brain together with McCloughan's destroyed liver to pass on first ballot HOFer Sam Darnold...

lol wow you are special

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Yeah all smoke still. Mayock mocked Darnold to us and he’s the most accurate mocker. :P

This may seem like a silly observation but from 1970 - Present, (22) QB's have won the Heisman and only one has won a Super Bowl. Coincidence? Heisman Curse?  Who knows.  Like I said, it was a silly observation.  Take it with a large grain of salt.  Below are the QB's who in my opinion have had some success in the NFL.

Jim Plunkett - 1970

Vinny Testaverde - 1986

Carson Palmer - 2002

Sam Bradford - 2008

Cam Newton - 2010

Jamies Winston - 2013

Marcus Mariota - 2014

Below are other Heisman winners:

Pat Sullivan - 1971

Doug Flutie - 1984

Andre Ware - 1989

Ty Detmer - 1990

Gino Torretta - 1992

Charlie Ward - 1993

Danny Waurfell - 1996

Chris Weinke - 2000

Eric Crouch - 2001

Jason White - 2003

Matt Leinart - 2004

Troy Smith - 2006

Tim Tebow - 2007

Robert Griffin III - 2011

Johnny Manziel - 2012

Peace!!!

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

instead he used his meathead brain together with McCloughan's destroyed liver to pass on first ballot HOFer Sam Darnold...

Unhi...

3 hours ago, Keylargobrownie said:

Not sure about mind character, but I'm having heart palpitations, but it could just be the gas station sushi I had.

We are not allowed spoilers in here, so I won't spoil it for you that you ate spoiled fish.

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

I don't.  If that would  say "playing Fortnite and eating tacos", it would be more accurate.

True story: Mayfield was asked a question asking if he was into some plebian show--forget which one--and he said, "More like Fortnite". That was an obvious Wink in your direction, ditch. It's clear that Mayfield is the pick and it's time to come home.

2 hours ago, Keylargobrownie said:

Here is a thought, Allen, Darnold, and now Mayfield have all been linked to us. Is it possible that Dorsey has pulled the wool over the entire NFL nation and is going to take Josh Rosen?That would be some David Copperfield/Chris Angel type of trick

image622.jpg

11 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

This may seem like a silly observation but from 1970 - Present, (22) QB's have won the Heisman and only one has won a Super Bowl. Coincidence? Heisman Curse?  Who knows.  Like I said, it was a silly observation.  Take it with a large grain of salt.  Below are the QB's who in my opinion have had some success in the NFL

And what percentage out of all the other quarterbacks drafted have won Super Bowls?

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

all he had to do was turn in the paper with Darnold's name on it... instead he used his meathead brain together with McCloughan's destroyed liver to pass on first ballot HOFer Sam Darnold...

When you say stuff like this, is there no voice in the back of your head that says, "huh, maybe I've lost rationality on this one and have become emotionally invested in the guy, thus losing my ability to objectively view his good and know that there is still bad mixed in?"

Just asking for a friend.

On the Heisman: IMO, it's because for many years it was the "best QB on the best regular season team" award. That's why guys like Weinke and White got it in years when they were clearly no better than okay college QBs.

Archived