***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The Aliens line cracked me up.

Any moment where Peter brought up older movies was classic.

Drax: ...Like the time you saved the universe by dancing.

Peter: Like Footloose?

Quill: Yes, like Footloose! Is that still the best movie ever on Earth?

Peter: It was never the best movie on Earth...

• Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 3:30 AM, Manny/Patrick said:

I understand the reasoning behind the OG avengers staying alive, however why wasn’t RR taken? He must go on some sort of trip with Nebula next film. I know people keep saying it was random but the writers obviously have reasons for why certain characters didn’t ash away

Thanos decimated half the populations in the universe. Rocket is the only of his kind so perhaps he got a pass for that?

56 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Thanos decimated half the populations in the universe. Rocket is the only of his kind so perhaps he got a pass for that?

That’s not true.   Billions of rabbits in the universe.  :D

Edited by Broncofan

5 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Also this talk of humanity is a little self absorbed when talking about the entire universe.

Good job everyone speaks English too. Apart from Groot.

I'm sure this was said in jest, but all the Guardians have implants allowing to them translate other languages. I'm sure its a pretty common thing in space hence that Thanos and his henchman would have them as well.

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Any moment where Peter brought up older movies was classic.

Drax: ...Like the time you saved the universe by dancing.

Peter: Like Footloose?

Quill: Yes, like Footloose! Is that still the best movie ever on Earth?

Peter: It was never the best movie on Earth...

Tony: So wait, you're originally from Earth?

Quill: Earth!? I'm from Missouri!

Tony: Yea that's on Earth dumba$$!

Strange: Whom do you serve?

Quill: What you mean like Jesus?

Edited by Calvert28
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I'm sure this was said in jest, but all the Guardians have implants allowing to them translate other languages. I'm sure its a pretty common thing in space hence that Thanos and his henchman would have them as well.

Yeah it was. Still handy though! Especially since most civilisations pre date human kind.

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Also this talk of humanity is a little self absorbed when talking about the entire universe.

Good job everyone speaks English too. Apart from Groot.

To be fair, given Thor's take on Raccoon, there must be a fair amount of rabbits in the Universe too.

I was lightweight apprehensive about how Thanos’ Black Order would translate to the big screen but man they looked awesome.  Allowing them to actually kill in the movie made them much scarier opponents and the combat sequences between them and the Avengers+ were very enjoyable.  Esp when Cap, Widow and Falcon showed up with some incredible teamwork to save Vision and Wanda.  

Speaking of Wanda, they really have toned down her powers.  They’ve turned her more into a telekinetic than anything else.  Everything the reality Infinity Stone does, Wanda can do herself.  She could’ve turned all the invading creatures in Wakanda into butterflies with ease. Hopefully, we see a jump in power set in the next film.  

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I was lightweight apprehensive about how Thanos’ Black Order would translate to the big screen but man they looked awesome.  Allowing them to actually kill in the movie made them much scarier opponents and the combat sequences between them and the Avengers+ were very enjoyable.  Esp when Cap, Widow and Falcon showed up with some incredible teamwork to save Vision and Wanda.  

Speaking of Wanda, they really have toned down her powers.  They’ve turned her more into a telekinetic than anything else.  Everything the reality Infinity Stone does, Wanda can do herself.  She could’ve turned all the invading creatures in Wakanda into butterflies with ease. Hopefully, we see a jump in power set in the next film.  

Wanda is toned down a lot, as are most of the heroes, but she was still was able to destroy the mind stone while holding off Thanos with 4 stones. I do want to see her chaos reality powers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Wanda is toned down a lot, as are most of the heroes, but she was still was able to destroy the mind stone while holding off Thanos with 4 stones. I do want to see her chaos reality powers. 

I hope they give Hulk a great sendoff next movie and show him full on rage WWH.

On 4/29/2018 at 6:41 PM, TXsteeler said:

because the producers apparently ran out of money for CG so the hulk couldn't show up. 

Yes. The producers ran out of money to CGI a giant green man so instead they used the dollar store to be able to CGI the giant ironman suit that Banner used instead. Of course.

• Like 3

On 4/29/2018 at 9:35 PM, 4thDownHailMary said:

He's gonna eventually give up the Iron-Spider suit for some lame reason. 
In the comics, I think he does it for some reason related to the first Marvel Civil War but I can't remember.

Stark screwed him so he gave the suit back.